UO needs a rotating HIGH risk vs reward dungeon (felucca)

UO could benefit from a new dungeon specifically designed with PvP in mind that is only active on 2 servers a week then rotates to another 2 servers every week. I think a giant hedge maze style dungeon with high end mobs that drop high quality items similar to roof and exodus with the middle being a new champion spawn that has a slightly higher chance to drop legendary powerscrolls. And maybe some shard bound drops like new replica's or artifacts.

Felucca needs a place that both promotes PvP and acquiring high end items. By only having a limited number of shards active at one time it helps prevent afk farming on the small shards as well as promote PvP on the small shards which is severely lacking.

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Why do you need "high end items" to promote PvP?  What happened to the days when true PvPers did it for the bragging rights?  
  • SyncrosSyncros Posts: 116
    Like Bilbo said plus what you suggest is just easy PKing and them collecting someone else's work.   

Such a reason is why we have Trammel now and you can hunt in fel and rarely see someone else unless doing champs.
  • The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    They already have dungeons in fel with global loot, t hey just need to fix it so that it drops better things.  I would love to have a new champ spawn to fight over, any added content to fel would be awesome.  But the game loves to give all the goodies to the trammelites who risk nothing but time to get.  Only thing unique to felucca anymore is the powerscrolls and they even whine about that, they have the other 95% of content in trammel facets which they can make gold from to buy scrolls.  More felucca content is needed and been needed since like 2004.  Give us feluccans more stuff to fight over. 
  • cobbcobb Posts: 172
    The loot for Fel dungeons should definitely be bumped up. Maybe increase the luck bonus to 2000. Also the Harrower should drop better loot than Exodus and the Roof. 
    You understand you are free to use all the other stuff in UO.  No matter what you do to Fel you will not get more people to go there and if you need it for PvP then you really don't understand what PvP was really about.
  • Lord_NabinLord_Nabin Posts: 203
    They already have dungeons in fel with global loot, t hey just need to fix it so that it drops better things.  I would love to have a new champ spawn to fight over, any added content to fel would be awesome.  But the game loves to give all the goodies to the trammelites who risk nothing but time to get.  Only thing unique to felucca anymore is the powerscrolls and they even whine about that, they have the other 95% of content in trammel facets which they can make gold from to buy scrolls.  More felucca content is needed and been needed since like 2004.  Give us feluccans more stuff to fight over. 
    You have access to 100% of the UO content. 

If you are Red, well that is a choice, choices have consequences. 

I have no problem with the Red play style but if you are going to live it well then own it. 
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
  • DukarloDukarlo Posts: 50
    Actually there are no consequences for being red now. Eating tic tacs to be instantly blue isn't a consequence. I don't mind people being red in the least. I have about 5k counts between my 2 reds but blues eating pardons constantly is just dumb. Bluebie  pks are back in trammel by the time their flag wears off. I say get rid of pardons. Pk all you want I say but at least man up.
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    Trying not to be rude but UO is just a game and if I don't want to play PvP why all the effort to make me?

I agree higher reward for higher risk (2x resources in Fel) but essential game content only available in PvP? (Power Scrolls) 

As was pointed out earlier PvPs have access to 100% of content. I don't unless I start paying a part of the game I really don't enjoy. So please stop trying to make me.

Is it just because you can't find enough players who do enjoy PvP or to be nasty PvPs who aren't  better then you?
  • Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    Fel doesn't need any more carrots designed to lure in sheep. That is a failed paradigm.
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    Great ideas.  I dont know how realistic it would be to hope for something like this to be implemented, but some updates here and there would be nice.   Even just upgrading the harrower would be a good start.  Put some high-end deco in the loot table as well. 

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    Fel doesn't need any more carrots designed to lure in sheep. That is a failed paradigm.
    We need more Steaks to lure in more Wolves... sheep can stay in the pens where it's safe.

The problem with anti-fel opinions is they don't seem to understand that Pvpers would farm things from trammel instead of fel if they were available there... in addition to it being automated by bots etc.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • North_LSNorth_LS Posts: 99
    i dont need anything special added just for fel, i'd be very happy with a fel instance of more of the things that are already available though, maybe with a nominally higher drop rate for things. I like fel. i live there, i mine and chop there, i hunt what i can there.

a few leaves on our trees wouldnt kill the devs either, autumn-hued landscape would be an easy differentiator between fel and tram and the place would feel a lot less dismal.
  • InLorInLor Posts: 354
    I like the autumn-hued leaves idea for Fel.

I
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • CazadorCazador Posts: 83
    What a bad idea..how could I afk farm in fel? I’d be PKed?!?!..just kidding. Good idea..it’ll just never fly with the Trammel brigade.
  • CazadorCazador Posts: 83
    Then they can’t farm it’s mundlessly for 30 days and wear out the content and make it worthless
  • cobbcobb Posts: 172
    Some new content for Fel would be nice, with loot that is comparable to the Roof and Exodus. Maybe a new dungeon
    cobb said:
    Some new content for Fel would be nice, with loot that is comparable to the Roof and Exodus. Maybe a new dungeon
    You are more than welcome to come enjoy the Roof and Exodus with everybody else.
  • InLorInLor Posts: 354
    New Fel content = yay
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
    I don't play PvP but how about redoing the bounty system?

Make the rewards for hunting down reds worth the effort as well as some way to find out which reds are on line at the moment and general location. Rumors overheard in the tavern?

That would move the PvP point from just jumping someone doing a spawn or defending yourself as you do one to actual hunt and kill battle.

Rewards could include titles, decorations (scalps for the wall anyone?) or maybe replace forged pardons with clemency for X number of bounty's turned in.

Just a thought
    Just think trammel brigade, if we were busy fighting over the new content that's added, how many spawns would guys get done to get your power scrolls for free.  I have Pvp'd for more then ten years and havnt any issues even when I started stopping and killing these PK's you guys talk about.  They are a lot like idiot bully's in real life, once you step back in their face they tuck tail and run and cry.  Just get a good group of people of ten at most and youll be able to do anything you want in felucca.  Just stop with sheep argument cause its a completely false statement, its like saying you hate eating alligator but you never even tried it.  Dumb argument.
    So you have to have something to fight over in order to have fun.  What did PvPers do pre Pub-16 and AoS.  And it was Tram that saved UO not Fel (the failed experiment).  OMG I CAN"T PvP UNLESS THERE IS A ITEM REWARD, LOL.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    1. Please Treat ALL Posters with Respect and Courtesy.
    Some posts will be removed for violating the Terms of Service. See below.
    Now that the moderator has stepped in to calm things down may be we can start communicating again. And no I wasn't the one who blew the whistle but we had stop listening. 

Just so I'm clear. What the PvP community wants is it ideas on content that get more people to want to play PvP yes?

If so I don't think anyone would have a problem with that even if it was exclusive rewards for PvP.

The problem comes when the rewards are needed in the rest of the game like power scrolls and start making players do PvP even if they don't want to. The part of UO I recommend to people and the reason I'm still playing after all this time is that for the most part developers have avoided saying you have to do this, then that and play this way. If you want to play a legendary fisher/miner/ninja go for it and let me know how you do.

Now back to my post I suggested replacing pardons with a reward for bounty hunting other reds. This would add content to PvP without unbalancing anything else. Todays partner is tomorrows target. Good idea or not? 

PS before you say I'm scared to do PvP first tell me what I'm scared of losing. Insurance gold (way to low to mater) or the time doing something I don't enjoy (life is to short) :)

How many times has UO tried to lure more people to Fel and how many times has the PvP community asked for stuff under the guise of getting more people into Fel.  It hasn't worked before this and it will not happen after this.  Why do you have to have an enticement for PvP, isn't that suppose to be PLAYER v PLAYER, you know pitting your skill against another players skill to see who wins, oh that's right you can't do that without enticements or are you just wanting lure more people to Fel so you can attack them.  
  • TabinTabin Posts: 30
    edited March 2018
    Tim said:
    Now that the moderator has stepped in to calm things down may be we can start communicating again. And no I wasn't the one who blew the whistle but we had stop listening. 

Just so I'm clear. What the PvP community wants is it ideas on content that get more people to want to play PvP yes?

If so I don't think anyone would have a problem with that even if it was exclusive rewards for PvP.

The problem comes when the rewards are needed in the rest of the game like power scrolls and start making players do PvP even if they don't want to. The part of UO I recommend to people and the reason I'm still playing after all this time is that for the most part developers have avoided saying you have to do this, then that and play this way. If you want to play a legendary fisher/miner/ninja go for it and let me know how you do.

Now back to my post I suggested replacing pardons with a reward for bounty hunting other reds. This would add content to PvP without unbalancing anything else. Todays partner is tomorrows target. Good idea or not? 

PS before you say I'm scared to do PvP first tell me what I'm scared of losing. Insurance gold (way to low to mater) or the time doing something I don't enjoy (life is to short) :)

"The problem comes when the rewards are needed in the rest of the game like power scrolls and start making players do PvP even if they don't want to."

Yes!  Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.  Power scrolls are a necessity to progression in both PvP and PvM.  It wouldn't be a big deal if it was still affordable via vender search but some of the prices are getting pretty ridiculous.  

Noone is asking you people to come to felucca to do any of this!!  We want stuff for us to fight over so the fight isn't pointless.  All I see from some of these people is trolling posts that is apparently being allowed.  IF you don't go to fel or don't enjoy it fine, don't ruin our playstyle cause you don't like it.  Its beyond ridiculous that people are posting false statement and propaganda about felucca without even going to see what its even like.
    So PvP was "pointless" before you got stuff to fight over.  True PvPers did it to test themselves against others not for what they could get.  The people that were after the stuff were called PKers.
  • Lieutenant_DanLieutenant_Dan Posts: 195
    edited March 2018
    God i miss the days of massive guild fights over a spawn or harry.  I'm not talking about a half dozen on each side either.  I'm talking Epic fights where 50 or more people were there fighting!  Now that was fun gaming right there!  I dont know what happened over the years but it really died down.  I assume  the die down is from a drop in demand for powerscrolls though.  Purely speculative but it's my best guess.

I'm right there with the OP on this topic.  Fel will always need something there for people to fight over.  Good old fasioned field fights with a purpose!  Anything else is just yew gate pvp which is just meh.

Calm down I am not attacking your preferred game shard/play style. If the following seems confrontational or insulting I'm sorry that is not my intention. I was originally trying to offer helpful suggestions from an outside perspective.

If not for  
    1. Because of power creep Power Scrolls are required for top end play (lev 3 pet require over 100 taming )
    2. Power Scrolls are only available in Fel
    3. The resale market has been eaten by the atlantic cash resellers (check vender search on low population shard if you don't believe me)
    I wouldn't care if they gave you 90s resist suits and the holy hand grenade of Antioch if they were restricted to Fel.
    (Suggestion maybe you should include that restriction with what ever you do end up asking for to limit the developers work and or worries over game balance.)

If someone wasn't "asking you people to come to Felucca" why the screams of outrage at any suggestion that Power Scrolls becoming available anywhere else.

And finally yes the 50 Vs 50 fights were fun even if they aren't my thing anymore.