State of IDOC

I know this will fall on deaf ears but here we go.

I would like to know what is going to be done about IDOC scripters. I been active for the past few weeks and have gone to quite a few IDOC on Alt shard. Here are a few things I have noticed. As soon as a house goes into the greatly stage of decay there is always at lest one person sometimes a lot more camping it. We can tell this buy walking a pet around the base of the house. So there is a afk scripter keeping track of the time change. Once a house is about the fall the same people show up with in 5 to 20 mins of it falling sometimes only sec they apper along with pack miles. A few even open gates to get there scripter bots from the other houses. All the pets have the same name. I have seen one person open a gate and have 3 other characters on auto following. Once there he stops and hides then moves his auto scripters to each side of the house witch then block movement for real players pets . I myself have seen a house fall and right before it goes the scripters are auto looting all chests and other items. I have seen the pack horse stones change a few secs before the house falls. This also happens to lock down vet rewards. Seen the statues (vet rewards) disappear before the house falls then later seen that statue locked down at the one scripter castle. At one idoc that was empty on ice island on alt. Once the house fell all the packeies ran north to the one scripter castle because the house was empty. OSI owned ones are falling at random times. Have seen three one at fairly, one at somewhat and one at greatly fall before going into last stage of decay. This only benefits the afk scripter bots. I myself do now know how a place can be fairly and fall half hour to a hour later. This issue was not there when I did them for years before I retured to the game. Each OSI house has at lest 1 person in the same spot. I have yet to see a OSI idoc go into last stage before it drops. One was a 18x18 malas checked it was at fairly recalled in 30 mins later before going to bed and was gone all that was there was the one scripters account waiting to time out. Who did this benefit no one but the camped scripter. It happend once more last night a 18x18 outside luna walls was only somewhat and fell. I checked it before I loged for the night Log in and it's gone. Am sure the camped bots had a field day with the loot. Had at lest 20 fire paintings. And who knows what other items. At one place I was checking I found some runes on the ground. With names and times on them. I placed them in a rune book and checked they where all for past idoc that have droped. I have not been to one idoc that did not have any kind of scripter at it. If I do not do anything in 15 minutes am loged out. How do the scripters stay loged in with standing in same spot with out doing anything stay loged in. I am just looking for some fairness in the one active I can do. I gave up on spawns and everything else becaue the RNG does not faver me. In 10 years and countless champ spawns all I have goting was one Lt sash rep. All the pinks i seem to collect are for skills with no use. EM events cause to much lag so its unplayable for me. Wife and kids both 4 and 2 and one on the way keep most of my time. So when I can play So the only way for me to make some kind of gold in game is to do idoc but even that is worthless when all your able to grab is a empty chest because there all in packed inside of the scripters pack mules. Most of the items I collect can only be found at idoc because people want way to much gold for an item. How about we just delete OSI because they only benefit the scripter. If this is allowed then add it to game that everyone can run scripts for the fairness of the game. It seems the only way to beat the cheaters is to cheat. 

Comments

• VladimirVladimir Posts: 41
    We all asked @Mesanna, we all asked @Kyronix and all asked @Bleak to STOP idocs at all, 99999.999999% the time benefit scripters only, house placement benefit scripters only, we all asked @Mesanna to remove the stage of idocs from the house sign, but nothing will happen, as you point up the famous mr idocperson and his partner uokinxxx  on atlantic for example, open the gate right at the sign and gate 1,2,3,5,10 accs , with packies and boooom, there they go auto looting all, than he gate them right back to luna, if you dare to say something, he will start to curse you and your family with 10000 "misspell english" and tell u fu and all, we all paged on them, but nothing will happen. So yes , i stop doing idocs, Please @Mesanna cancel idocs
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    I used to be all for idocs,  but seriously, I have come around 180 degrees.  When its time for the house to fall, let it and all its contents just vanish forever and ever.  Enough is enough.

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    As long as there is one person replying to every one of these idoc threads, who says "they're preserving shard history when they attend idocs", they will never be stopped. To me Idocs and Em events are the same thing.."what was last nights drop" ? 
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Random useless thought:
    Suppose when a house dropped it was counted as one ginormous trash can with a 0.? % chance of items from the house appearing in Cavern of the Discarded?
    Random useless thought:
    Suppose when a house dropped it was counted as one ginormous trash can with a 0.? % chance of items from the house appearing in Cavern of the Discarded?
    Cavern of the Discarded has been mentioned in the past as a good place for idoc loot to go. As long as they make it a revealable spot, otherwise someone could still script loot all day and night while hidden.Of course they would have to keep their packies hidden too, so it would be quite the challenge and fun to watch.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    It was also mentioned to have it all go into a big holding tank, and be randomly spawned a few pieces at a time in t-chests, all levels.   But I'm not sure we want tmaps touched again lol
    I like that idea, although it would probably be impossible to code, otherwise it would bug out and that rare valuable idoc item would start appearing in multiple chests on different shards etc...

• TimTim Posts: 790
    Count me as a vote for doing away with them completely.

As far a heritage items ether let them go poof, the nearest City Governor auction them off for the city treasury or the shard's EM use them for event prizes. (my preference would be every thing goes poof)
  • usernameusername Posts: 687
    It's absolutely time for change. These two changes are mandatory:
    • The items in IDOCs should NOT be falling for the 'public' [scripters] to loot
    • Housing decay should NOT be viewable to anyone that is not on the account holder's account.
    Wow! Solved script IDOCs and script house placement with two simple changes! Amazing.

Now, whether all the contents should be deleted or not is arguable. I would be fine with any of these scenarios when houses fall:
    • All contents gets destroyed.
    • Each item in the house has a 50%/50% chance of being deleted and the items that are not go in to a moving crate style container for the owner to reclaim if/when they get a new house.
    • All items get moving crate style container for the owner to reclaim if/when they get a new house.
    Life happens and allowing players to retain even some of their items when their house falls would be nice and might even help player retention. On the other hand, I can see how Broadsword would not like that.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    There was a time that IDOCs were mildly amusing now they are just another scripter only activity, amazing how fast a army of bots and their packies and dry loot an entire castle IDOC.   Now days IDOCs are just something to argue over.  Just let the houses fall and everything either go poof or as several folks have mentioned tie it into the cavern of the discarded. 
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 630
    I think that all items from IDOC's should be dropped into auction boxes at the Moonglow(of course Moonglow!;) ) bank and auto set auctions for so many days. If an item doesn't get bid on it poofs. All proceeds from the auctions can be auto split between each city coffers for trade deals.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    sometime in late 2008/early 2009 my house fell in Malas.
    in 2010 I rebuilt my house in the exact same spot with my now main char.
    When i logged onto the original house char, her backpack was full.
    And when i went to the bank, it was overflowing, over 300+ items.
    After I started looking through all the stuff, I realized that when my house fell, all blessed items went to the bank and in her backpack.

I had to stop playing again, for awhile, so most of that I lost again.
    When I got back into game, the only thing my chars had was what I left with them.

I don't know why that happened to that char, but I was glad to have gotten my stuff back, when I came back. It was completely unexpected and if it wasn't for that I wouldn't have several of my chars valentine bears. And my holiday deco, hehe.

I heard someone else had that happen to them, around the same time.
    If I knew then, how to take a screenshot, I would have.

Maybe they could do that again, make blessed items go to the owners bank box.

• FreelsyFreelsy Posts: 70
    I understand your frustration. My suggestion... come to Siege. We do not have this problem as we'll kill anyone who's hidden or scripting any house. It's a good time.
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    Freelsy said:
    I understand your frustration. My suggestion... come to Siege. We do not have this problem as we'll kill anyone who's hidden or scripting any house. It's a good time.

LOL you forgot anyone who is not hidden and not scripting as well :)
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779

Block packy's from entering the foot print of the fallen house for 5 minutes. People would need to pick stuff up and move to outside the foot print to put stuff in the packy. Once outside the foot print the character is blocked from going back in.

• GandalfGandalf Posts: 115
    a fix for dev ? remove 'house sign' when it decaying. 
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    I don't know if it's even theoretically possible to make changes that would negate advantages of scripters. Most of the suggestions I have seen would actually benefit scripters more.
    And those who call for removing IDOCs altogether, keep in mind - this will hike the prices on everything even higher than they are now. So, think carefully about what you wish for.
    What shard do you live on where idocs keep the price of things low ? LOL 

Thats what I was wondering...
  • CazadorCazador Posts: 83
    Simple. Don’t do IDOCs.. I know I know it’s your gamestyle etc etc. there’s about 5,000 bugs that haven’t been fixed and you want them to fix something and add about 200 more. No thanks. 3/4 of the time they break more than they fix. I say 4 weeks after the account is inactive no sign message no warning..bye bye everything. Let the devs focus on adding new towel deco or some rando out of place public bathroom system with running water and hi-tech electrical outlets to charge our e-smartphones 
  • usernameusername Posts: 687
    edited August 2019
    Sliss said:
    I don't know if it's even theoretically possible to make changes that would negate advantages of scripters. Most of the suggestions I have seen would actually benefit scripters more.
    And those who call for removing IDOCs altogether, keep in mind - this will hike the prices on everything even higher than they are now. So, think carefully about what you wish for.
    What?

The most common suggestions in this thread are:
    • Remove decay state from house sign
    • Delete loot
    How would either of these, even individually, benefit scripters more? Are they going to set up 20 chars at each house on every shard and facet in hopes it goes IDOC? Or loot the nothing that drops when the house falls? LOL

Can you please think before you make nonsensical claims?

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    username said:
    Sliss said:
    What?

The most common suggestions in this thread are:
    • Remove decay state from house sign
    • Delete loot
    How would either of these, even individually, benefit scripters more? Are they going to set up 20 chars at each house on every shard and facet in hopes it goes IDOC? Or loot the nothing that drops when the house falls? LOL

Can you please think before you make nonsensical claims?
    Can you please read before making insulting comments? I never said "your suggestions" or "suggestions seen in this thread". But as long as we are speaking about your suggestions - removing loot pretty much kills the whole IDOC idea. That's an equivalent of throwing the baby out with the water, or using your terminology - nonsensical.

And as far as your other suggestion - removing the decay state from the house sign means that regular players can stumble onto a fallen house only by accident. I don't think there are many that would spend all their time traveling the lands looking for a fallen house. But guess who has all the time in the world to endlessly run a predetermined path looking for stuff on the ground? Thaaat's right! A bot could do that 24/7. And your suggestion just took us from a situation where a regular player had a chance to at least get a small portion of the loot, to one where there is no chance at all. 
    Did this make a bit more sense?
    That happens on every shard. Every time a house falls, it introduces a bunch of previously inert items into the game. A portion of these inevitably ends up on the vendors or trade forums. More stuff for sale equals lower prices.
    Sliss said:
    That happens on every shard. Every time a house falls, it introduces a bunch of previously inert items into the game. A portion of these inevitably ends up on the vendors or trade forums. More stuff for sale equals lower prices.
    more likely a gold seller's web site.
    edited August 2019
    Sliss said:
    More stuff for sale does NOT mean lower prices in game. In real life ? Maybe. I just got back from an Atl shopping trip, the vendor in question had unbelievable amounts of 5.0 SoTs, so I bought every one in that skill, the next morning they were completely restocked. And they didn't come cheap.

And before you come back with "Supply and Demand" , yeah I know what that is, but I also know what hoarding is, I've done it. Hoarding and greed go hand in hand. The first thing people think of after they leave an idoc with tons of loot is, Man I"m gonna be rich, not , "Finally I can bring down the cost of goods for everyone".

Sliss said:
    More stuff for sale does NOT mean lower prices in game. In real life ? Maybe. I just got back from an Atl shopping trip, the vendor in question had unbelievable amounts of 5.0 SoTs, so I bought every one in that skill, the next morning they were completely restocked. And they didn't come cheap.

And before you come back with "Supply and Demand" , yeah I know what that is, but I also know what hoarding is, I've done it. Hoarding and greed go hand in hand. The first thing people think of after they leave an idoc with tons of loot is, Man I"m gonna be rich, not , "Finally I can bring down the cost of goods for everyone".
    It does not seem like you do know how supply and demand work, because you are making my point for me. You buy off all the SoTs. That increases the demand. And then you are surprised the prices are high when you are back?!

And hoarding? Do you really think the professional scripters do this to hoard? No. It gets dumped on the market immediately. And even if they did not, supply and demand still apply. It even applies when they sell it on gold sellers website. Because after someone buys it for real money, either immediately or eventually that item ends up being sold for gold. And that lowers prices.
  • Supply and demand is 'a' basic idea for trade of goods.  Not a complete definition.  Monopolization and market manipulation are also a couple more ideas.
    And really are enough houses falling that it has an effect on the market. I'd guess that one or two castles full a day would have to fall for it to have any noticeable effect on prices. An effect on the scripter's income yes but too bad. 

The idea of the items in a IDC being put into a moving box for if the account ever puts up another house is a good one. It might bring back the player who wants to come back but doesn't want to start from scratch.
  • VladimirVladimir Posts: 41
    The idea of the items in a IDC being put into a moving box for if the account ever puts up another house is a good one. It might bring back the player who wants to come back but doesn't want to start from scratch.

BAD idea, than you will have people that will stock up houses to the max, close acc and wait til fall, since they know that account hold now for free on UO server the contents of his house, basic you giving free storage to be abused.

I think the best idea presented is remove the house sign status, yes , there is a downfall that the pro bot/afk people can just adust their rail/scan system and scan for chests/deed/grubbers 24/7 and make sound an alarm when found and they will get all, as usual.

Mesanna said, she will not remove idoc of the game, because is part of UO gamestyle.
    So why not revert for the way it was before and add an NPC in luna or brit, wtver, with all idocs location and time that will fall (sarcasm) .
    Devs cant even fix small little bugs, we def dont want them to mess with houses anymore.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I like the idea of no status being on the signs.  It would be cool if the stuff fell to the ground and stayed there for like 3 days (or something) until it disappears automatically.  

Also would be cool if you heard a rumble/crashing and maybe even a screen shake (like the Earthquake spell) when something collapsed nearby.