Why cannot Siege Perilous players copy to TC1?

What's the reason for this?

It really makes it hard to deco and/or take some gold unless you have those on a production shard.

I have claimed a lot of veteran rewards and other gifts and store stuff that I don't have on production shards.  Kinda lame I cannot copy it to TC1.

Comments

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    You should tag someone special to answer this, or you'll get nothing but speculation from the gallery.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    because character copy works like a shard transfer (reason why it triggers the 24hr cooldown just like a "real" transfer".

since you cant transfer off siege, also cant do a character copy.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Still be interesting to get  an official view.   Character transfer is different in that it takes up to an hour to go through, yet character copy is instant.  Also the cooldown is also different and is not 24 hours but about 7 hours. 

Surely in this day and age you should be able to copy from siege to the TC and stick a line of code in that eliminates the char going anywhere else.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    @Smoot answered the question.  Char Copy uses the Chat Xfer System.  You may want to tag the DEVs if you want them to answer.
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
      What Smoot said is pretty much exactly what some dev or another several years back said.   How about we just run with us Siege Players are so special that if our Siege toons interacted with prodo toons the prodo toons heads would explode in the presence of our specialness :)
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    AMEN @Tyrath

• As fast as character copy happens from production shards the data file has to be on the small side.

Put an intermediary in between, copy to that then copy to TC1.  Aren't all the servers in the cloud now?

There's just no way you will convince me that it's not technically doable.

@Kyronix @Bleak, tell me that it can't be done and I'll be satisfied.  Otherwise... well.  Please fix it.

• @Tyrath, I'm OK with heads exploding.  Not sure about Germany, but I'm OK with it.
  • NikardNikard Posts: 164
    I choose to think they are working on this. It is #13,305,402 in queue.

Expect to see an update by spring 2030.