Contest House Building

I tend to do some interesting things with stairs and goza. I've been told by people that when we make landings with goza, the devs are "smart enough" to put in a real floor or something... BUT... when reading over the wiki on the subject (https://uo.com/customizable-keep-castle-contest/), the last paragraph states differently.... to whit:
  • Your design will not be disqualified if you use various house addons, such as ladders, in the design of the building for staging purposes.  Note, however, that these items will not be copied into the house placement toolOnly objects placed through the house customization menu will be copied over.
(bold emphasis added for clarity)
The goza is an addon and is not an object placed via the customization menu.

Will one of the BS team (@Mesanna, @Kyronix, @Bleak) or perhaps @Mariah please verify that yes, gozas used for landings with stairs will be replaced with an appropriate tile then committed to the final design. And if this is the case, perhaps update the wiki to that effect. This will help settle a rather heated discussion between myself and a few other housebuilders.

Thank you.

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I'm afraid I am unable to clarify the rules, or to update that page - as you can see from the URL, it is not part of the wiki.

However this winning entry from publish 104's contest might help:

In this case the builder used crafted floor tiles rather than goza mats.

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    The very first house contest, the feudal castle also has pavers for the landing.

Any time you go into the house customization, the goza mats go into the moving crate.
    The pavers stay put.
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    Thank you Mariah & Cinderella. 

It was my argument we should use pavers, but others countered stating that using the goza (with the ability to dye them) with dev replacement is what's been happening, for someone told someone who heard it from someone that a dyed goza will be replicated by the devs to match color, thus design aesthetics would be satisfied. 

I said I don't think so (pointing to that link) and the words started flying in Discord. I'm using pavers  & some little-used items from the custom tool in my design - which is what started all this for I usually use dyed goza  - and my cousins started in on Discord about not being able to dye the paver (I told them just put a goza over it if the design hits prodo - sheesh). 

Personally, I think some ppl need to go get some sleep (having been up all night drinking and gaming) - but I suppose that's cos I'm an old lady who requires 10+ hours of shut-eye. ;)
    of note...

I assumed the page sits in the wiki... for the breadcrumb shows "Player Wiki"... if that is the breadcrumb..... :-\

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    the top of the page are links to different parts of the site.
    any section I am able to edit will have /wiki/ in the url.
    Gotcha @Mariah, will keep that in mind - and thank you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, last question for the hive-mind of uber deco people...

Can we use the Blocks instead of the Pavers? I like how the blocks look when I apply the bronze color, the pattern/texture works so much nicer. (My cousins are not speaking to me right now.. hehehe!) @Cinderella , thoughts?

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    I filled in the chopped parts with blocks the same color as the stairs, but I put white pavers on top of mine. 

Usually the winning design is copied over, no matter if the floor tiles were correct or not.
    As for the color of them, I don't know if they do the exact same color or not of the blocks or pavers.

I only learned how to do the chopped stairs this week. And I love doing them now hehe

I only learned how to do the chopped stairs this week. And I love doing them now hehe
    Welcome to the club. :)