Which expansion is needed for Bard Masteries?

Bard masteries came with Publish 66 in 2010 and i think there were no additional expansions needed to use them. Only a skill pair of 90/90 is nessesary.
But even i have the skill Music and Provo 90 and i own a book but i cannot switch to a mastery. Switch mastery is empty.

Comments

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    you don't need any expansions for bard masteries.

You just need to reach 90.0 music and 90.0 of the skill you want to use the mastery for (Discordance, Peacemaking, or Provocation), once you're at 90.0 in both of those skills you can take the quest from one of the bards in Britain.

you complete the quest and you receive a mastery book and you'll have access to tier 3 of the bard mastery.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • Do the bard quests at the music Hall northwestern Britain to get access to the bard masteries.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    in order to use masteries, don't you need Time of Legends?

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited August 2019
    The Bard Masteries were added in Publish 66. Have to do a quest to activate.  The other masteries were added in Publish 90 with ToL. Any of those need ToL.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MandrakeMandrake Posts: 61
    Pwain is right. Just need to do the quests in britain music hall for each of the masteries to activate them.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    As a tip you can chain those easy quests in order to supply each of your characters with mastery books. 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    I understand about the bard mastery being an earlier publish, but @Trismegistos said it was greyed out. Can you actually choose a Bard mastery from the list on the book, without having Time of Legends? I don't have a bard, so I can't answer if it actually shows up on that list.  I just assumed the only ones listed would be the ones that we can actually obtain. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Yes. You have to do the bard quests to activate them. That is why they are grey or not there.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    There are 3 quests. Peacemaking, Discord and Provoke. They are pretty powerful and worth it. 

• The reason was the missing quest. I dunno if my old bards had them or got them for free in Publish 66?!
    But because you have to get a book, I assume that I had done this quest many years ago.
    The reason was the missing quest. I dunno if my old bards had them or got them for free in Publish 66?!
    But because you have to get a book, I assume that I had done this quest many years ago.

I forget a lot but I know with discord you can left click the book and choose the damage type for your mastery. It comes in very handy.