Eodon Fishing Change?

Was the change of Eodon from being considered dungeon for the purpose of fishing intentional?

I am only catching shore fish there now. It would seem like an odd time to 'fix' this unannounced.

Comments

• GowronGowron Posts: 5
    Noticed it on Chessy last night.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,937
    edited July 2019
    It was my understanding that also Ilshenar is considered a Dungeon...

If the change only affected the Valley of Eodon, and not Ilshenar, perhaps it is a BUG and not something intended ?

That is, that the Valley of Eodon is STILL to be considered a Dungeon as far as fishing goes, only, a bug has been discontinuing it...

This, especially since no official announcement was made about it, at least that I know of....

Considering how important to Fishermen such a change would be, a Pubblic announcement for such an imporant change would be absolutely expectable, to my opinion.

Therefore, I am more incline to think it a BUG rather then an intended change.

Perhaps the thing to do should then be posting it on the BUGS Forum ?
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,340
    Working on sheer guess-work and logic, I think the whole of Eodon moved to enable treasure hunting on the facet.  It is no longer a dungeon, and therefore no longer has dungeon fish.

We got dungeon fish before Eodon was 'discovered', my fisherman has simply reverted to the locations used in the past.
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    I wouldn't think it had to convert to be able to do maps. Ilshenar is considered a dungeon and has treasure maps.

Off Topic but spell check wanted me to change Ilshenar to shenanigan!
    actually, no. Ilshenar lake and rivers give shore fish, only in the mushroom cave can you get dungeon fish.
    You can get saltpeter at any mountainside - thought that meant it was considered dungeon area.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Bringing this topic to the front page as I've just now verified this for myself. @Kyronix why the surprise change to this without notification ? The rewards for fishing aren't great enough to send us back to the grind of actual dungeon fishing for 5 or 6 fish at a time. Was this an intended change ? If not, can you change it back ?
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,121Dev
    After some research this was a side effect of adding Treasure Maps to Eodon.  Eodon isn't really a dungeon, and looking at the original implementation of dungeon fish having them available in Eodon never was in line with that implementation.  Addressing concerns with the availability of dungeon fish is something we have listed for a future look at fishing, the availability of those fish in Eodon isn't a solution.  As of now Eodon will remain as it is (until we add Eodon specific fish! :D
     fishing for 5 or 6 fish at a time.
    Where do you only get 5 or 6 fish at a time? I take my fisherman with giant beetle and don't recall out until its pack is full. Shame Islands, do the 4 corners of one island, mount beetle and teleport to the next, repeat till full.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,679
    Where do you only get 5 or 6 fish at a time? I take my fisherman with giant beetle and don't recall out until its pack is full. Shame Islands, do the 4 corners of one island, mount beetle and teleport to the next, repeat till full.
    I was wondering this myself. When I do the mushroom cave, I do a complete circle and my beetle is full and that's with someone else fishing there too. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,052
    Kyronix said:
    After some research this was a side effect of adding Treasure Maps to Eodon.  Eodon isn't really a dungeon, and looking at the original implementation of dungeon fish having them available in Eodon never was in line with that implementation.  Addressing concerns with the availability of dungeon fish is something we have listed for a future look at fishing, the availability of those fish in Eodon isn't a solution.  As of now Eodon will remain as it is (until we add Eodon specific fish! :D
    AWESOME!

Have rivers generate a new fish. Near the turtle hatchling could be an area. In the area past the second bridge where T Rex Lives could be the area where the most valuable one would be. Call them rivers and make us some cool new Fish Trohies.  New pies that have buffs that are useful. Differentiate the buffs between Fel and non Fel.  
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    I bring 3 packies (One is my really old 3 slot beetle I'm too sentimental to exchange for a new one slotter.) I can stay on same island and go in circles until all three are full. You can fish in between the four corner areas also.
  • BasaraBasara Posts: 163
    @Kyronix

While I had other spots that were far better fish producers than Eodon, the real reason I and others fished there was that, as dungeon waters, you could use lobster traps from shore. This worked really well in conjunction with giant beetles. Catching dungeon fish with a pole and casting a few summons to hit stuff wandering over from the champ area (hoping for recipes) were fringe benefits (not the reason for being there). I even attracted the attention of someone at BS at the time (Garnet?), once, doing traps there, and we talked for an hour about game things from the viewpoint of a city governor and 15 year player.

Quest-applicable lobsters and crabs were already TOO HARD and undervalued, point-wise, before this change. Now, it's back to the ludicrous levels when we could only get them at sea or in dungeons (before ToL). 

There really needs to be a revamp of lobster/crab fishing. Anyone can fill several fish-only quests, even 6-slots, with an hour or two of fishing. It might take days of real world time to get 20 of 2-3 different crustacean types for a SINGLE fishing quest. And the trap loss rate, and overall catch rate, is ludicrous compared to real-world lobster traps, even prehistoric ones 
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    What places did you have that were "far better fish producers" than an area with non stop open shoreline that you could simply stroll down and fish all day from ? There was absolutely no place better than Eodon. This was a huge game mechanics change, made worse by the fact it was unannounced and untested prior to release.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • BasaraBasara Posts: 163
    edited August 2019
    I have a spot in the Underground. I can teleport down from the broken bridge, and have 2 spots I can fish from the stone between the two falls, then teleport over to broken bridge foundations (the "alternate spot" in the screen cap) for 2 more fishing spots, and by the time I'm done with the 4th, the first 2 have reset, and vice versa. It works better than fishing along the Eodon river, and is 100% safe from attackers. The SAFETY is what makes it better, in my opinion.

There's no wait time if you cycle between the two standing spots. The only thing I used Eodon for was trapping crustaceans (then fishing while waiting for the traps), as I had to move more often dungeon fishing, plus with doing the Turtle being popular with a couple guilds on my shard, the spawn on the other side of the river wasn't always going to be myrmidex (ever try fishing while getting cast at by infernus and phoenix?)