Been jackin it for days now, almost no Yew wood.

I've been Ljackin for 4 hours today, 6 hours yesterday and 6 hours the day before.

I've collected a few hundred Heartwood and Bloodwood but zero Frostwood.

I've also only collected 44 Yew wood.  Yew is not supposed to be this rare.  Anyone else noticed a severe drop in the Yew spawning rate?

Comments

• Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Not me, since they changed the spawn to favor scripters, I just buy it from them...I cant jack and mine 24/7 like they do
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    I just chase merchants now for all my wood and ingots, or trade runs
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • Ezekiel_ZaneEzekiel_Zane Posts: 326

I hear the trade runs are giving a lot of raw materials.  Kinda kills the resource gatherer.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779

Artisan stash chests give out a decent amount of frost wood.

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    I got 341 yew boards in about 50 minutes of lumberjacking in the forest north of Britain in Trammel on Pacific. Which is about right because I chop until a tree is empty of logs before moving to the next tree.
  • Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    best source of colored ingots and wood types are merchant ships. Trade runs have too many random rewards. Merchant ships always yield the above and in decent quantities too...
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    If you specifically want Yew wood I'd suggest getting a Yew lumberjack's map, they come from Carpentry or bowcraft bulk orders or from Vela the Sorceress, void pool points. 
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    best source of colored ingots and wood types are merchant ships. Trade runs have too many random rewards. Merchant ships always yield the above and in decent quantities too...
    Max is spot on, Merchant ships are the best.  That or a players ship that has been plundering merchant ships
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

edited July 2019

Yah I'm recently aware of the loot being generated from the merchant ships and trade runs. 

I've been focused on developing characters and increasing my bank account.  As a 90% of the time crafter it's more challenging on Siege.

Unfortunately, my computer is now 7 year old tech and it appears as if my memory sticks have gone bad.  I'm crashing every 5-15-45 minutes.  Occasionally it will make it a few hours in between.  It usually takes 2-3 minutes to reboot and login.  Doing anything risky, more often than not ends up logging in to a grey screen.

I'm not spending $80 on new memory sticks when I'm already in the process of assembling the parts needed for a brand new Ryzen 5 Zen2 system.  About $400 more and I'll be ready to assemble.

Until then it's low-risk activities.

BTW, another several hours of lumberjacking and not one single Yew tree.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    i recently started having an issue and eject/rotated/re-inserted my memory. so far so good.  computer is about 7 years old (except hardrive video card and p/s)

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Pretty sad state of play when  you invest 100 points into MINING and/or LUMBERJACKING only to have the scripters be the ONLY ones to benefit, even more so since they 'randomized' (aka nerfed) the resource nodes making it impossible for manual honest miners to even find the stuff in any quantity let alone compete.

When you get MORE high end resources from merchant ships than you do by investing 100 skill points into either skill you know there is a major problem with the whole set up. 

It is about time @Mesanna @Kyronix and co actually fixed this so that if  you have the points devoted to the ACTUAL skills it is worth doing.  There needs to be a HUGE upgrade on resource nodes so that if you go mining or lumberjacking for an hour you get a decent amount of high end resources.   An hours mining/jacking should net you at least 500 of the highest end resource and more of the rest on a sliding scale. If not put it back to how it was before you nerfed it. Or was it the intent to ONLY benefit the scripters which has been the end result of that change?

Before they nerfed it, even when mining or jacking and competing with the scripters the honest gatherer could get at least 1000 frostwood/valorite an hour or MORE if they had books marked.  I have been out for HOURS for 0 frostwood and even when you do find the odd tree it seems they 'expire' after you have taken 100 logs at most and then you spend another gazillion hours finding another one.

It is not good enough tossing out bod rewards that have to be used in 24 hours for links to trees or mining spots.  Nor tossing high end resources to merchant ships, and now chucking boards in tmap loot. 

How about you FIX THE ACTUAL SKILL. 

What would happen if every time you used magery it fizzled?  Well mining and lumberjacking are now a major fizzle and have been ever since it was changed.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Amen.

Preach it sister!
  • Whole heartedly agree with Miss E here.

Well I finally did find a few yew trees, four specifically.  I managed almost 1200 boards before they had all changed to a lower wood.

What's weird is that in the four days of lumberjacking I've collected much more heartwood and bloodwood than yew.  Zero frostwood though.
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    I always found yew wood to be much harder to find find than bloodwood and heartwood. As for frostwood, - I thought it only existed in the magical faraway lands that only npc pirates could get to. :p