Fellowship coins?

I have reach the point in the fellowship drops where for every drop I get one coin, it matters not the size of the cargo only that you drop one cargo per coin.  Now to me this seems to be a pig in the poke.  You know what I mean all the cargo is of different sizes and worth more to the trade Ministers or that lone pirate at Buc's Den then it is to the fellowship.  Surely there is more reward then a coin that does not stack so you taking up storage space if you farm a lot of cargo, (which is easy to do). 

When are we going to see that or is this another pig in poke like that time during the titans drops, where we were told they would be worth something (maybe).  I still have a lot of those drops and again they do not stack so they again take storage.  The best thing that dropped from the titans event was the spellbooks.
Remove Trap = Bad News
for
Treasure Hunters
Drakelord#5598

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    What I do not understand, is why the Fellowship Coins where not made stackable....

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    popps said:
    What I do not understand, is why the Fellowship Coins where not made stackable....

that would make it too easy.

Drakelord said:
    I have reach the point in the fellowship drops where for every drop I get one coin, it matters not the size of the cargo only that you drop one cargo per coin.  Now to me this seems to be a pig in the poke.  You know what I mean all the cargo is of different sizes and worth more to the trade Ministers or that lone pirate at Buc's Den then it is to the fellowship.  Surely there is more reward then a coin that does not stack so you taking up storage space if you farm a lot of cargo, (which is easy to do).  
    thats why i've been turning in the smaller ones... more coins for whatever we will need them for.
    I'm guessing when we do finally know, lot more people will be on the water again.

Drakelord said:

When are we going to see that or is this another pig in poke like that time during the titans drops, where we were told they would be worth something (maybe).  I still have a lot of those drops and again they do not stack so they again take storage.  The best thing that dropped from the titans event was the spellbooks.
    I still have LOT of these too.
    I have been thinking about getting rid of lot of those weapons.
    I have no idea what anyone was wanting from them.

edited July 2019
    popps said:

that would make it too easy.
    Too easy, or, rather, less "frustrating" ?

I mean, having the Fellowship Coins be stackable, to my opinion, would not make earning them any particularly easy.... it would only STRESS LESS players out, from having to find storage space to store them....

And players who are less "stressed out", I would imagine, would enjoy MORE playing Ultima Online, wouldn't they?

What is the point of having something in the game, like for example Fellowship Coins NOT being stackable, being stressfull to players who then have a hard time coping with their storage capabilities ?

What good can it do to have players get more stressed out in their gameplay ?

Honestly, I do not understand it.

OK, the Developers Designed Fellowship Coins for some use, whatever it will be.

Fine, but WHY not make them be Designed as STACKABLE in the first place so to ease out players to store them, rather then ending up getting players more stressed out to have to find corners of space all over the place in order to be able to store them away until these Fellowship coins will be usable for whatever they are meant to be used for ?

I really do not understand it.
  • KarynKaryn Posts: 55
    popps said:

We don’t even know what they’re used for yet. There very well be a reason they aren’t stackable. Let’s reserve the torch and pitchfork brigade until we know what they’re actually used for. 
    Karyn said:
    popps said:

We don’t even know what they’re used for yet. There very well be a reason they aren’t stackable. Let’s reserve the torch and pitchfork brigade until we know what they’re actually used for. 
    I am sorry, but regardless to what their use will be, I do not see why they could have not been made as stackable...

Even if they will need to be used one by one, they could have been made as stackable and then players would have picked just 1 coin from the stack and use it for whatever use they will be intended for....

Having them stacked up, I would imagine, would not prevent players to be able to use them one at a time.... yet, it would have helped players' chronic shortage of storage space, enormously....

At least, that is how I see it.
  • ReywindReywind Posts: 17
    They probably don't want players sitting on stacks and stacks of 60k fellowship coins when their purpose is finally revealed, because that's exactly what would happen if they were made stackable. This is probably the easiest way to make sure people don't stockpile too many coins and flood the markets with whatever you will end up trading them for.

And you do get 1 coin per chest after 450 mil in donations, but it still tracks the total value of the cargo you've donated. Hopefully that will count for something too
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Reywind said:
    They probably don't want players sitting on stacks and stacks of 60k fellowship coins when their purpose is finally revealed, because that's exactly what would happen if they were made stackable. 
    Exactly!   I turned in cargo to the pirate last night because I have a full chest of low value cargo.

Someone will have thousands anyway. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    they never said that the coin will be needed for something in the game... i wish it s only a deco
    edited July 2019
    Reywind said:
    They probably don't want players sitting on stacks and stacks of 60k fellowship coins when their purpose is finally revealed, because that's exactly what would happen if they were made stackable. This is probably the easiest way to make sure people don't stockpile too many coins and flood the markets with whatever you will end up trading them for.

And you do get 1 coin per chest after 450 mil in donations, but it still tracks the total value of the cargo you've donated. Hopefully that will count for something too
    I do not think that that might be a valid reason...... if the Developers did not want players to accumulate fellowship Coins they could have much more easily made Coins be earned more rarely, say at 450 millions, 500 millions, 550 and 600 millions donated ?
    This way, up to the max that can be donated per character, only 4 Fellowship Coins could have been earned then, players would have needed to use another character to get more....

That's only an example possible to indicate a different way to reduce the number of Fellowship Coins earned by players... if they wanted players to get more, it could have been like at 450, 475 and so on every 25 millions...

It would have been more effective, to my opinion....

Now, those players having more storage Space WILL be able to stock up more Coins, creating inbalances among players....
  • KarynKaryn Posts: 55
    edited July 2019
    Perhaps they wanted them to be accessible but not hordeable. Given that the mysterious fragments are not stackable and easily accessible, this does seem plausible.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    Some one keeps stiring the pot. We do not know what the Dev Group has planned for the coin use. It does not help to keep going in circles about the reasoning behind what the Dev team does and why. I know there is a reason for what is done, and since you are not a member of the Dev Team you will not be privy to their plans. You will have to wait like the rest of us mortals and collect as many as you can, or create a new account if you do not have room on your original account. I hope you were not storing your coins on the EJ account Beetle. <span>:wink:</span>

• psychopsycho Posts: 284
    Why do people feel they have to farm everything?
    If you have a 100 of them, or 200, or youll probably say "lol I have 2.5k of those!" well then you might have enough of them.

You have 3 options: 
    1. stop farming them
    2. Place another house with new account or upgrade your house storage
    3. Buy one of them vaults to share bank between all chars for extra storage
    Most likely devs want you to go with option 2 or 3, which is all fair, its all busines.

As for reference I have 0 coins and about 30 myserious fragments, think Ill do fine in the upcomming events still.

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    AMEN @psycho
    psycho said:
    If you have a 100 of them, or 200, or youll probably say "lol I have 2.5k of those!" well then you might have enough of them.

You have 3 options: 
    1. stop farming them
    Most likely devs want you to go with option 2 or 3, which is all fair, its all busines.

As for reference I have 0 coins and about 30 myserious fragments, think Ill do fine in the upcomming events still.

"Why do people feel they have to farm everything?
    If you have a 100 of them, or 200, or youll probably say "lol I have 2.5k of those!" well then you might have enough of them."

A picture is worth a thousand words....

And yes, those are all Tritons (maybe 300 ?) and no, they are not mine, I have no clue whose they are...
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    popps said:
    psycho said:

You have 3 options: 
    1. stop farming them

If you have a 100 of them, or 200, or youll probably say "lol I have 2.5k of those!" well then you might have enough of them."

And yes, those are all Tritons (maybe 300 ?) and no, they are not mine, I have no clue whose they are...
    And why do you care whose Tritons they are?  Are you trying to infer that some evil deed was done to get them.  Maybe you should worry about your own game play and leave others alone.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    edited July 2019
    Amen Brother. And Besides you can't see anything in that picture. I am guessing that there is a stack of Tritons there . If that is what you are showing, what is wrong with that. We don't know how they were gotten, it could be that 4 friends live and share the same home and have been hunting together. Don't jump to conclusions.
    popps said:

when the publish came out (where the cargo started dropping), my husband and I were out there quite a bit... my husband did the merchants, pirates and plunderbeacons for probably about three weeks. And he saved every single cargo he collected... He didn't visit the pirate until he ran out of storage, cause he didn't know what he wanted from the pirate.

the above picture is NOT my husbands... but I can tell you just by counting, there has to be 200 tritons there. that would take 2800 mythics to get... And i'm telling you, that if my hubby had kept to The High Seas everyday, he could surpass that easily... And to be honest, I know the amount of crates I turned into the cities and all the parrots, I could have easily that many Tritons...

there are some people who can play lot of hours in game. This person chose to go after the Triton, cause the option to get them, will eventually be gone. 
    it's my belief, they aren't stackable because they were made to look like an experimental gem, just dyed the sunshine color... those aren't stackable...
  • I think the simple reason why is because that's the way they want it. This game works the way they designed it. Just like there isn't a way to fix a pet advancement, just like they haven't stopped scripters and so on. It works they way they want it to work, case closed.