Player run Auctions?

I Posted something similar on stratics. Would like this forums feedback as well. 

With the amount of idocs being publicized, and the amount of rares for sale. I’d like to see public auctions come back. 

I could run one but would need help. 
- Auctioneer 
- Items to be sold. 
- I would run the items/money part of it. I work for a bank and I’m a database admin so I can whip something up. 

What would people like to see in someone who runs one?
I was thinking maybe a small database with a random ticket generation to ensure that items are accounted for and accredited properly. 
Along with a way to view high ticket items. Such as a viewing area or a website/post with all links to high ticket items. Or both. 

Be brutally honest with feedback. I know trustworthiness is probably the biggest issue with running something like this.  Some people know me, but I changed my in game name a while ago because of the confusion of other people who had similar names. However, I’m willing to put time in and my own items to start the process. 

I’d like to see more community run events in Ultima so tell me what you like/dislike about the idea. Like I said be brutally honest because I want real feedback. If hesitation is parting with items in fear of losing them, or not making enough money on an item selling, or just think auctions are stupid. All “constructive” feedback is welcomed. 

Comments

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    You might like to contact the authors of this thread: https://forum.uo.com/discussion/4309/europa-auction-item-list#latest
    They have been running a weekly auction on Europa for years, last week's being number 710. 
  • You might like to contact the authors of this thread: https://forum.uo.com/discussion/4309/europa-auction-item-list#latest
    They have been running a weekly auction on Europa for years, last week's being number 710. 
    Thanks! Will do. I should of specified that I’m trying to do this on Atlantic as it seems to be the highest populated server at this time. I’m sure they can give a few tips tricks though. Appreciated. 
  • — Majestic Oaks Auction has run Thursday night auctions on GL for over ten years. It’s a fairly large player run event weekly with 1/3 of the shard showing up most weeks - many times more than that.

They have a ton of experience and have perfected an in-game auction so it runs smoothly.

Worth it to talk to them, also.

moa.uorpc.net
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
  • There's a lot of trust involved in these things normally. Not really what UO does well lol
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • There's a lot of trust involved in these things normally. Not really what UO does well lol
    True, however until the trust is built I’ll mainly be using my own items. No big deal. 
  • Thank you. Will be in contact with them soon. 
    — Majestic Oaks Auction has run Thursday night auctions on GL for over ten years. It’s a fairly large player run event weekly with 1/3 of the shard showing up most weeks - many times more than that.

They have a ton of experience and have perfected an in-game auction so it runs smoothly.

Worth it to talk to them, also.

moa.uorpc.net

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    @Heisenberg which shard are you going to do this on?
  • TyrtleTyrtle Posts: 15
    I believe he said he was going to do it on Atlantic.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    Tyrtle said:
    I believe he said he was going to do it on Atlantic.
    Tyrtle Power. hehe. How you doin??

• Will be on Atlantic. Expect a post soon. Everything is cleared for the event. As long as we have good turnout it will be weekly.