Comments

• Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    *starts packing mannequins up for trip to Atl*

lol

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited May 2019
    *starts packing mannequins up for trip to Atl*

lol

I'm not joking! I just checked, and the lower price for it is even higher!!! :D
  • Ivenor said:
    3) PLEASE-PLEASE-PLEASE bring the SoulStones CUB Points value to ZERO. It is simply unfair  and depressing that the Souls of departed (maybe only for some time) Players got trashed by the cubic ton by the darn IDOC Scripter Looters, and it makes almost impossible to create SoulsStone Gardens!
    Or maybe only allow ones with zero charges to give points.
  • Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    All the point values are still far, far too low and do not align with previous item values. 

All the values on the list could be multiplied by a factor of 10 and sill be laughably, insultingly low.

Do better.
  • Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    edited May 2019
    Here are some examples of poorly thought out point values:

Lanterns, Sculptures, Paintings and Pillows from Artisan Festival  15
    This is ridiculously low for the effort involved in obtaining these items, especially for people on low-pop shards. Remember, Atlantic didn't even manage to successfully grow all of its trees.  These should be 500 points each, the boxes should be 300 each. 

Guild Signs/Books  15
    These don't drop often enough to be this low. They should be worth 250, minumum. 

Crafted Talisman (Note: maybe already defined as "Talismans"?)  15
    Huh? We can't craft talismans... Did you mean BoD talismans? If so, 15 points is about 985 points too low. 

Counterfeit Platinum (Pub 101)  3
    Three points? Seriously? Try 300. 

Death Certificate  250
    Uhm... this is a case of being oddly high for something that can be almost endlessly grinded. However, well take the points TYVM. 

And now for three of the most patently insulting entries:
    Orc Ships  45
    45 points... For something that takes eight randomly generated pieces to create, meaning you have to capture a metric crapton of pirates to create one by yourself. An orc ship part should be worth 3500 points each, with a full ship being 30,000 points (bonus points for completing it) [Not that a sane person would throw parts, let alone a full ship into the trash...]

Current Stealables that don't have Clean-Up Points  10
    Sorry, but this just feels lazy. There is already precedent for point values based on the rarity. Eodon stealables, many of which spawn just once or twice a week, should be worth considerably more than 10 points - same with the golden toolkit or the Blackthorn's stealables. 

(2015) Shadowguard Artifacts   20
    Again, SERIOUSLY? Major artifacts already have precedent for being ~5,000 points. Why should Shadowguard's be so paltry?

I refer to the current list of turn in values to better assist in making consistent point determinations.

Jack's Bag of Trick items should also be added to the list. 

Ivenor said:
    3) PLEASE-PLEASE-PLEASE bring the SoulStones CUB Points value to ZERO. It is simply unfair  and depressing that the Souls of departed (maybe only for some time) Players got trashed by the cubic ton by the darn IDOC Scripter Looters, and it makes almost impossible to create SoulsStone Gardens!
    Or maybe only allow ones with zero charges to give points.

This to me seems a good base for a compromise! :)

So, let's say:

1) --- B/G/V/W/Bk SoulStones (and SStone Fragments) WITH Skills stored --- ZERO CUB Points;
    2) --- B/G/V/W/Bk SoulStones (and SStone Fragments) WITHOUT Skills stored  --- Same CUB Points as Today (or even increased their CUB Points value).
    3) --- RED SoulStones (1st Year Veteran Reward) WITH or WITHOUT Skills Stored --- always ZERO CUB Points (they are VR after all!).

In this way the Origin Store revenue from selling new SStones (the B/G/V/W/Bk ones) should not be touched, and hundreds of hours of Players training will not go sadly wasted.

I.

(...)

Jack's Bag of Trick items should also be added to the list. 

That, or at least give the Toons a Dental Plan with every paid Account subs.

I was seriously spooked the first time one of my Toons eated a lollipop from the JBoT, and it started lamenting of its teeth problems!!! :D

I.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 866
    The turn-in points awarded for every item in this portion of the update needs an extra 1-2 digits added to them.

Absolutely nothing in this updated list is worth the incredibly low point value they've be assigned.
    you'd essentially be losing gold by throwing these things in the trash.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    thank you DEVs for the increase in the points
    They increased the points?  Where was that noted ?
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    edited May 2019
    I looked at the publish notes...
    they have been changed since first posted...
    (the holiday items listed, most were one digit)
    Artisan Festival still looks terribly weak.  
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    Drakelord said:

if there is some you don't need, I will take them
    (there is still 3 of them I need hehe)
    I let you have them

Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    I looked at the publish notes...
    they have been changed since first posted...
    (the holiday items listed, most were one digit)
    I still think the points awarded for these listed items are terriblely low. I dont see any point reward I would be willing to give up these items for listed here.Time to reorganize my home and get ready for a grand vendor sale. It will take awhile because I have lots of deco, Major and Minor Artifacts.
    Maybe an idea could be to to add as a Reward a house deco Statue that spawn Reagents for either the Mystic & the Necro templates?

Like there is the Giant Cat one (Blessed Statue) for Magery reags, we could have a Giant Dog statue for the Mystic reags and a Giant Rat one for the Necro reags?

@Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,324
    It has always been my assumption that some things are given really low points because the devs would really rather we didn't destroy those.
    If it's not worth throwing away you may as well keep it? or give/sell it to someone who will appreciate it more?
  • That is what I always thought but this time its super low all of it. Similar items in the past has one or two more zeros atleast.. and how many sun dials can you use? or bar signs? I collect deco on many shards to bring home for my deco vendor when I sold out . I like to have the items for cheap so whoever missed some gifts can still get them but there are lots of things that hardly sell. We collected snow fluff trees for some rare colours and have loads of white ones  out there etc etc

It has always been my assumption that some things are given really low points because the devs would really rather we didn't destroy those.
    If it's not worth throwing away you may as well keep it? or give/sell it to someone who will appreciate it more?
    But in that case why give them a CUB Points value at all? And why still give a 15.000 CUB Points value to SoulStones and, at same time, having, on some Shards, OFFICIAL SoulStones Garden run by EMs?

Meh... :/
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,780
    The shield engraving tool needs a turn in value.