T-Hunting... where this loved fun ends.

@Mesanna ; I have been super busy with RL life and death matters to dig in the TC1 antics for treasure hunting but I find while I got 10 minutes of time to look in before falling exhausted in bed..  
I am sad to say after reading the publish notes and checking it out on TC1 I am at a loss for words...
   22 years ago I GM'd Lockpicking and soon after Cart was GM'd as well and on Napa I was barrowed by just about every guild to do t maps...I found it fun.  
I did it for the fun not any financial gain.
So to see the fun side of t hunting so destroyed I was hurt.  The only Character in my many accounts worth of t hunters is my Siege T hunter who has remove trap and I can tell you that took hours (long before any limit on gains mind you). 

My lady on Napa who is my first real treasure hunter has a skill set that was made 22 years ago and is the model for all the rest I have.  There is no room in their skills list to fit in both remove trap and detect hidden and I have no wish to change them !   I am not thrilled about the map change ether but I can learn to live with it .. except the stupid grubbers. I am sorry to say they are stupid and a waste of time. Time of which I may not have time for chasing with all the changes to get to with this mess you have done.    I must say if your after to make people loose interest in things we have loved to do you sure have hit this one out of the park.  I have no one else to play with on other shards then Atlantic... So I have to solo them.... didn't think about that one did you??    
I dislike to argue with people but this one change has in my opinion come close to ending a skill I love for me...  I just hope the market can handle 2 castles storage count of t maps going up for sale as I will not be t hunting any more if I cant do them as I have over 22 years of UO play. 

Be safe my friend:

Comments

• ChrilleChrille Posts: 208
    If your not going to build a khaldun hidden chest hunter why would you add detect hidden?
    My plan is to drop meditation for remove trap. But then remove trap will be optional to have. 
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    edited June 2019
    Detect Hidden is no longer needed for remove trap.

As with all changes to this game, please take a moment to relax and and at least give it a longer chance than 10 minutes. We as a player base adjusted to many changes over the years; keep calm and carry on!
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    @ Mesanna  I have been super busy with RL life and death matters to dig in the TC1 antics for treasure hunting but I find while I got 10 minutes of time to look in before falling exhausted in bed..  
    I am sad to say after reading the publish notes and checking it out on TC1 I am at a loss for words...
       22 years ago I GM'd Lockpicking and soon after Cart was GM'd as well and on Napa I was barrowed by just about every guild to do t maps...I found it fun.  
    I did it for the fun not any financial gain.
    So to see the fun side of t hunting so destroyed I was hurt.  The only Character in my many accounts worth of t hunters is my Siege T hunter who has remove trap and I can tell you that took hours (long before any limit on gains mind you). 

My lady on Napa who is my first real treasure hunter has a skill set that was made 22 years ago and is the model for all the rest I have.  There is no room in their skills list to fit in both remove trap and detect hidden and I have no wish to change them !   I am not thrilled about the map change ether but I can learn to live with it .. except the stupid grubbers. I am sorry to say they are stupid and a waste of time. Time of which I may not have time for chasing with all the changes to get to with this mess you have done.    I must say if your after to make people loose interest in things we have loved to do you sure have hit this one out of the park.  I have no one else to play with on other shards then Atlantic... So I have to solo them.... didn't think about that one did you??    
    I dislike to argue with people but this one change has in my opinion come close to ending a skill I love for me...  I just hope the market can handle 2 castles storage count of t maps going up for sale as I will not be t hunting any more if I cant do them as I have over 22 years of UO play. 

Be safe my friend:

@Lady_Storm

I am sure, that it will not be long before someone comes up with a playable "solo" Treasure Hunter Template which, one way or the other, incorporates the Remove Trap skill points needed...

And even if this will not be the case, to my understanding, Remove Trap is NOT required at all.

That is, a Treasure Hunter can perfectly go Treasure Hunting with the Template that they had before the changes, WITHOUT adding Remove Trap, and that Template would STILL be working as it was before....

The only change would be, the Ancient Chest Guardians which will spawn when failing to Remove the Trap.

But that should be OK to deal with, right ?

I mean, Treasure Hunters ALREADY had to deal before with the Treasure Chest Guardians' spawn so, now it will only be a few more from failing to Remove the Trap if they do not want to adjust their Template to incorporate any Remove Trap skills...

Is that such of a big deal ?

I do not think it is, it is only some more Monsters to have to fight, but the Treasure Hunter template should "already" be fit to deal with that fighting, right ?

The one thing that I think should have been adjusted is the 16 tiles "reset" mechanics....

Personally, I think it should have been a longer distance to permit to Treasure Hunters to run away farther for their life, if necessary, without thus seeing the Remove Trap process get reset too often...

Once the Publish goes life, I suggest to give it a chance.... who knows, maybe the changes will be felt differently, more positively, once one adjusts to them....
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    @Lady_Storm do you trust me as someone who knows what they're talking about when it comes to playing UO?
    If yes, then trust me when I tell you the fun doesn't need to stop. What's more I can prove it.

First, you don't need detect hidden. Remove trap has been divorced from that skill
    Second, you no longer need mining, carography now extends the digging range as mining used to.
    Third, Remove trap will be easier to train than ever before, you can train by digging maps, no RT is actually needed, without it you just fail more times and get more guardians before you succeed.
    You can also train by buying puzzle boxes. 
    or if you don't mind dieing a few times, you can train on town chests and crates.

Read some of the thread for update 3, you'll see several different templates that work just fine, mine does.

And finally the proof:

Don't believe all you read, try it and see. I've had a great time on Test and am looking forward to digging my maps for real
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited June 2019
    Mesanna does not post here @Lady_Storm, no point directly adressing her.

When I started a T-Hunting feedback thread I wasn't allowed and @Rorschach and @Mariah were super quick to close it. So IBTL unless they run perfect double standards B)
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
    edited June 2019
    popps said:
    The one thing that I think should have been adjusted is the 16 tiles "reset" mechanics....

Personally, I think it should have been a longer distance to permit to Treasure Hunters to run away farther for their life, if necessary, without thus seeing the Remove Trap process get reset too often...
    Indeed, everytime the players stop them doing one stupid thing (big loot nerf), they just add another to make up for it (dont move away from chest). SMH

I still believe T-Hunting was perfectly fine after seeing whats the "improved" state is, but thats just my opinion.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204

This is not my area of gameplay to test and play but Petra's video makes it look easy and somewhat boring. What exactly is the fuss about?

Urge said:

This is not my area of gameplay to test and play but Petra's video makes it look easy and somewhat boring. What exactly is the fuss about?

It's a level 6 map in Malas and Malas maps in general have the least challenging spawn.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    edited June 2019
    JollyJade said:
    Urge said:

It's a level 6 map in Malas and Malas maps in general have the least challenging spawn.
    I chose to video that map for 2 reasons, one was the length of time I would need to kill the initial guardians and the other was the visibility of the location.  I could have video'd a trove map in Tram or Fel, I have dug both using the same tactics. I didn't want to put my 'audience' through watching me take out several ancient wyrms, greater dragons etc. I try to keep any vid I make short. Nor did I want them struggling to see what I was actually doing beneath a tree canopy.

In essence, there is no reason to panic over this publish at all, if you could solo them before, you still can. If you choose to do it in a group, at least while you try to remove the trap your party has something to do while you work the lock. Before this last update they just stood around and got hit with damage when you failed.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    Marge said:
    keep calm and carry on!
    Tea!

tea.gif 929.1K
  • Lady_StormLady_Storm Posts: 400
    Thank you all for the encouragement.  
    Yes I trust you Petra.  
    My first t hunter has been the solid character that has kept me in the game. (hmm this means I can stone off the gm mining and give it to another character … this might be a saving grace.. )  I will admit the mining for new treasure hunter characters I have made would be fantastic to get rid of...  You have never steered me wrong over the years. 

I was tired and the temp was over 102 degrees … and dealing with extended family's issues has been all time consuming of late.  Forgive my post all.   
    Popps   I enjoy t hunting very much. I cant tell you how much of the loot or gold went to new players. In the past it was no uncommon that I could hand a player in need a good size chunk of gold, regs , scrolls to fill in a spellbook, and deco...   Guardians do not frighten me.. if I can run or hide till I can kill them off... she is not a warrior... but a nice mage.  
    Oh darn the rl world calls …. again thank you all I will give it a go...  
    Storm 
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    Everyone should adapt to changes, this is one of the core things in UO. Weapons, armors, skills, templates, everything changes every once in a while. and considering UO is 22 years theres been quite a few changes in people template. Especially if you into PvP.

But this thread isnt about PvP, its about T-hunting.
    I welcome the changes and are eager to try them out on production shards. Ive done a map or two on Test Center and I can tell its not bad. My T hunter character is old and doesnt have remove trap skill, I will have to train this. With the new NPC, SoAs and SoTs its alot easier than a decade ago, also you dont need fully 100 GM remove trap to be usefull.
    I also suggest soulstones, that way you can save the skill when you do changes to the template, and undo the changes if you want to.

The new changes to Tmaps makes it more predictable, yet unpredictable as to what exact might spawn in the T chest. I also like the rusty and gold Tchests versions.
    As to solo the maps or not, Im struggling with soloing a lvl 7 map with one account today, so the new lvl 5 cant be any worse. And if it is, I have another account with tamer that will be helpfull.

My best wish for the new Tchests is to something rare spawning in the chests also, something really hard to get and rare that doesnt come easily. I like to put in an effort for something great to spawn.

Im excited.
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    edited June 2019
    My impression at this point after doing a lot of testing on TC and having done some chests on Origin this morning is that unless you have a really good luck suit, the loot is not going to be any better than before the publish.  On the lower end chests, expect to see a lot of the negative properties.

I think that training Remove Trap is worth your time.  I don't really like how we are being strong-armed into doing it, but it is what it is.  Do it and just get it over with.  

I have no complaints about the gold and the gems.  They are better than what we were getting before.  The leather, ingots, boards are nice to get.  The ML ingredients will be nice to get.  It is a shame that getting imbuing resources will be more difficult.  Can't have everything, I guess.

My biggest wish at this point is that the map drop rate will be improved.  I have been hunting to try to get map drops on Origin for the last two months and the maps just don't drop as loot, other than maybe from dark guardians or miasma.  I'm sick to death of doing hag's quests instead. If the drop rate for maps has been turned down, then I would request that it be bumped up again or this publish is for naught.  Some of us don't plan to do the high-end maps and trying to get the lesser maps has turned into a horrible grind and really makes playing not fun.  And if you made those map rugs a whole lot smaller, maybe more people would use them.
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    edited June 2019
    (((((huggles @Lady_Storm )))))

You know me, not much of a T-Hunter - more of a tank than that - but I do low level maps to break the monotony. Tested a bunch on TC (even the high level ones) and this publish is actually encouraging me to tweak out some things to do higher level maps in prodo, and even make a permanent T-hunting character. 

As others have said... don't need DH to train RT anymore - and if you can get a knack for the puzzles, you will train up quick. RT is not required to open a chest - it just goes faster and with less mobs. Mining can go, put it on a crafter. LP is needed, especially if you use magery to unlock. Other than that, and the variety of loot added to the chests, is basically the same.

Except now I wanna fight AW Guardians. :D

• LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    Good on ya, @Lady_Storm .  And I hope you feel better soon! :-)