8 mods jewels cap

Me and some friends have hunt a lot in the last 6 months with max luck suit...we have did almost any best encounters ( shadowguard,exodus Under water boss, ect ) and none of us have gotten any jewels with more than 8 mods... i read in a meet and great you could still get over 8 mods items... but i dont know anyone who got something like this... devs can you be clear if 8 is the max or not.   thank You

Comments

• MakaveliMakaveli Posts: 3
    i have done every single test possible and before endless journey it was still possible to get 10 and sometimes even 11 mods but when endless journey came out there is 100% a 8 mod cap.  they claim this is not true but i know its true i dont know anyone who has got over 8 mods.
  • FreelsyFreelsy Posts: 70
    There's absolutely a cap. After many Roof runs, countless lvl 6 Treasure maps, and continuous farming of other high level monsters with very high luck, I have not received a single item with more than 8 mods.

Like the OP, this isn't just farming over the past few weeks to a month. I haven't received 8+ mod items since early last year :/
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    edited June 2019
    So, the first time I saw this come up I got 2 different 9-property jewelry pieces both came from level 6 t-maps at the time, they were garbage but had 9 properties each... but since then I've not gotten anything other than armor with more than 8 properties (counting resistances), though I haven't done that much farming lately.  

@Kyronix ;   What is the maximum amount of magical properties that can spawn on a randomly generated item of 'Legendary Artifact' quality?

Based on my more recent experiences.
    Armor:  13 magic properties  (counting resistance beyond the item's base)
    Jewelry:  8 magic properties
    Weapons: 8 magic properties  (counting elemental damage - other then physical*)

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • LynkLynk Posts: 185
    Also legendary no names no longer spawn.  Greater nonames do, but essentially you cannot get decent stam gear with HPI anymore.  Need to undo that publish.  
  • King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 248
    No name legendaries do still spawn, but they fall into the 8 mod cap. So unless Every single mod falls to something other than a resist it looks like a garbage piece. 
    I dont think you're right.  Ive not gotten one in ages.
  • King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 248
    Lynk said:
    I dont think you're right.  Ive not gotten one in ages.
    You are correct, I went back over my loot that I havent' sorted and the only No names that I have gotten in the past couple months are major artifacts. 0 Legendaries. 
    This loot change is a real punch to the gut. I see all these characters running around with gear that is no longer obtainable. Why even farm now days? You'll never acquire gear like that. It's just a waste of time. You can find decent mediocre gear... but no matter how much time you invest, you'll never find that ELITE piece of gear since the game mechanics were changed.

For me personally, worst change to the game. No incentive to farm.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited June 2019
    Freelsy said:
    This loot change is a real punch to the gut. I see all these characters running around with gear that is no longer obtainable. Why even farm now days? You'll never acquire gear like that. It's just a waste of time. You can find decent mediocre gear... but no matter how much time you invest, you'll never find that ELITE piece of gear since the game mechanics were changed.

For me personally, worst change to the game. No incentive to farm.
    "This loot change is a real punch to the gut. I see all these characters running around with gear that is no longer obtainable. Why even farm now days? You'll never acquire gear like that. It's just a waste of time. "

Indeed, that is something inexplicable to me....

I mean, what is the point for the Developers, first to permit players to have certain items and then stop them from spawning so that other players cannot get them ?

What good does it do, to Ultima Online, to have a few players having high end items which most of the other players will never be able to get because they were made to stop spawning ?

I do not understand it.

If the Developers do not want those better items to be in the game, well, then TAKE THEM OUT for all players but not leave them in for a minority of players only....

@Kyronix , is it possible to be told the "reason" why you stopped those items to spawn but left the players having them already to keep them ? Thanks.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    This has been asked and answered already. Lets move on please. We tend to focus on the one or two items we think is wrong. Why not insted  enjoy the many many things that is done right. The Dev tem is doing the best they can. It is not an easy job, cut them some slack.  So we no longer are able to get 18 mod items, oh well lets work with what we can get. Do you want to all those items to be deleted by the dev team? If you were the owner of some of those items would you still want them to delet them?? I am sure you are thinking the answer is to let those items spawn again. I don't think we need that many mods on items. 
    It actually was never acknowledged.  It was a stealth nerf.  Messana has responded to private messages saying that those kind of items are still possible tobget though they are not.
    Okay. Then I guess that it is a very low % to get the ones with more than 8 mods. It does not affect me much as I am not a pvp'er and like to play the game more than try to farm one spacific thing. Who knows maybe I will get lucky while playing and having fun and get a super mod weapon or armor <span>:wink:</span>
    Got it, so you dont spend any time farming, have not stayed abreast of responses/acknowledgement of the devs.  Your feedback on statistical chance of getting one of these items is incredibly valuable despite others that have spent countless hours on a variety of high end loot mobs stating implicitly that they do not drop.
  • Luc_of_LegendsLuc_of_Legends Posts: 312
    edited June 2019
    When it come to Elite gear, I gave up aloooong time ago I just go for decent or okay gear.  Thing is there are 3 kinds of UO players: 
    The Good: that is those of us who follow the rules, have never hacked, cheated, scripted, used illegal 3rd party proggies or duped you know goodie-two-shoes ..Like me.

The Bad: Cheaters, hackers, scripters, dupers, RMTs , gold sellers, Multiboxers Etc.  Ya know -Scum.

The Ugly: PKs, Greifers, Exploiters, event disrupters.  Ya know douchebags.

Unfortunately after 18 years playing UO I have come to the realization that the Bad and Ugly players tend to get everything.    I ask for nothing , and I get it....IN ABUNDANCE!  

Really I can count on one hand the number of drops I get  from anywhere.  Just accept that the Goodies like us won't have nice high end stuff and enjoy the game that's what I have done.  

And besides some nice dye can make decent/okay gear "LOOK"  elite.
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 291
    edited June 2019
    I can understand that some pre patch items bugged are in the game and some players own these items still. But that fact there are those 13 mods+ (''without counting the resistances, that part is very important to mention'')  items in the game right now , and its the devs themselves that put them in the game , not a bug or exploit thru imbuing or crafting or whatever. So they were responsible for putting them in the loot tables in the game, so for me it's the fact they removed these items from the loot tables that's irritating me. Now if only they would be honest and tell us honestly that they did indeed lowered the cap budget on number of properties on items.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    My understanding is that this WILL be addressed in the next newsletter. I am looking forward to seeing the devs answer/justification/excuse/whatever. Unless the answer is: "It CAN still drop" the discussion should be VERY "lively", and rightfully so!
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    so any devs can confirm this please
    edited June 2019
    I can understand that some pre patch items bugged are in the game and some players own these items still. But that fact there are those 13 mods+ (''without counting the resistances, that part is very important to mention'')  items in the game right now , and its the devs themselves that put them in the game , not a bug or exploit thru imbuing or crafting or whatever. So they were responsible for putting them in the loot tables in the game, so for me it's the fact they removed these items from the loot tables that's irritating me. Now if only they would be honest and tell us honestly that they did indeed lowered the cap budget on number of properties on items.
    "I can understand that some pre patch items bugged are in the game and some players own these items still."

The issue (players having items not allowed for other players to likewise have...) is not limited to items...

https://stratics.com/threads/cu-with-impossible-stats.410123/

If I understand it as right, there is also Tameable pets out there which provide a unique advantage to their Tamers but that, while a few players have them, the majority of other players can no longer get them thus not being able to have the same playing capacity as those few players who do have them....

Unequities like these, to my opinion, hurt the game very much, especially, when we are talking about a game very much depending on items and their stats/modifiers and that has PvP in it....

If ALL players are not given the SAME capacity to have the SAME tools in the game, an ITEMIZED game where items matter far more then skills, may I ask how on earth players can be equally competitive with one another ?

And then one gets surprised that in such a game new or returning players might have a very hard time to "join in" and many would be deterred from staying with playing the game ?

Permitting players to have 13+ mods items or Tameable pets with amazing stats and then discontinuing these items or pets with amazing stats for the players to come, at least to my opinion, is not a good way to get new or returning players to want to come to the game....

@Kyronix ?
  • psychopsycho Posts: 284
    edited June 2019

Ive seen several 11-12-13-14 mod items both in game and on stratics. I have to say Im against them. They are way too powerfull and it makes crafting totally useless with its 5mods items.

As for items only being in game short period of time, I have to say its been like this in UO since the beginning. Its been multiple events that are meant to be non-permanent, i.e Kothl, treasures of khaldun and guess where the Bane dragon came from. Now we got the high sea event.
    There have been events in the past I and others not have been at cause of being away, its ok, its no problem, cant be at all through 22 years of UO. Then we got the option to buy the items ingame, none needs anything, but anyone can buy what they want if they really want it and put in effort to get it.

As for the 11-12-13-14 mod items, keep in mind theres few of them in game and many of them are not even being used cause the owner is scared. They are probably worth alot, but that doesnt help when its brittle or antique, owner dont dare use them, and if they do it will slowly be destroyed.

If the 11-12-13-14 mod items still did drop, everyone would just farm the heck out of it so the value would drop within weeks. Then whats the point of farming them?  to pwn in pvp? Keep in mind the hard caps on character, now matter how many 14 mod items you have you cant go above the hard caps. Returning players will do fine in 8 mod item suits, and reaching alot of the hard caps still.

• KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    edited June 2019
    There is a HUGE difference in temporary content being available, and 'flat out" nerfing stuff to keep it from ever dropping again. That being said, it IS supposed to be addressed in the next newsletter. I am getting popcorn ready, as I am expecting a massive backlash, when the reason/excuse/BS is given as to why the 10-14 mod items are no longer available. Then again, I could be wrong, and the items are RIGHTFULLY still available. 
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
    popps said:
    "I can understand that some pre patch items bugged are in the game and some players own these items still."

The issue (players having items not allowed for other players to likewise have...) is not limited to items...

If I understand it as right, there is also Tameable pets out there which provide a unique advantage to their Tamers but that, while a few players have them, the majority of other players can no longer get them thus not being able to have the same playing capacity as those few players who do have them....

Unequities like these, to my opinion, hurt the game very much, especially, when we are talking about a game very much depending on items and their stats/modifiers and that has PvP in it....

If ALL players are not given the SAME capacity to have the SAME tools in the game, an ITEMIZED game where items matter far more then skills, may I ask how on earth players can be equally competitive with one another ?

And then one gets surprised that in such a game new or returning players might have a very hard time to "join in" and many would be deterred from staying with playing the game ?

Permitting players to have 13+ mods items or Tameable pets with amazing stats and then discontinuing these items or pets with amazing stats for the players to come, at least to my opinion, is not a good way to get new or returning players to want to come to the game....

@ Kyronix ?
    @popps If you had these items or pets would you still be complaining and want them removed??
    Arron said:
    popps said:

@ Kyronix ?
    @ popps If you had these items or pets would you still be complaining and want them removed??
    They do not need to be removed "if" new items or new pets of comparable effectiveness were to be made available to ALL players to have....

The point is not to deprive players of items, but to make gameplay possible for any and all players ON AN EQUAL FOOTING.....

At least, that is the way I see it.
    Was this addressed? Any confirmation by the devs?
    edited June 2019
    This is NOT Star Trek Tng and we do not live in an enlightened world of the 24th Century where everyone has the same opportunities and no one has to worry about wealth Ultima Online is based on our world where you have to work hard if you want to make it ,and even then there are no promises. Also Luck and Fate can make a big difference. No easy buttons here. If you sit around and cry about what you don't have you will miss what is possible. Also I don't have any of those fancy 8+ Mod items or weapons and I am still here enjoying the game, and I have been enjoying it for 18 years. So don't be a negative Nelly be a Positive @popps. That may help bring more people to our world.
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited June 2019
    Arron said:
    Ultima Online is based on our world where you have to work hard if you want to make it ,and even then there are no promises. Also Luck and Fate can make a big difference.
    Lol, and I honestly thought its a fantasy online game categorized as entertainment.. silly me..

Funny though, when you talk about luck and fate, I think of my luck mempo that no longer spawns and where my credit card put real hard work in to get me one..
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
    Lol. Your point is taken, however all fantasy games must have an economy or else it will just be a walk in the park, hehe Like the real world we have to earn our way we have to trade something for something, weather it is Gold, Time, Skill or Something else. And the fact you are able to whip out your Credit Card and buy what you believe you need is your choice, but not all of us can do that. As you said it is a game for fun.
    edited June 2019
    Arron said:
    And the fact you are able to whip out your Credit Card and buy what you believe you need is your choice, but not all of us can do that. As you said it is a game for fun.
    Yes, and that is exactly the reason why the OP has a very valid point and those things (luck mempo, 12 mod armor, etc.) should be either removed for everyone or able to aquire through gameplay for everyone.

Sadly UO is all about economy and how much you are invested. Those people that farmed the no longer possible artis with 10+ accounts 23/7 will never be touched by Mesanna - free to do as they please as long as they pay the sub.
    edited June 2019
    KHAN said:
    My understanding is that this WILL be addressed in the next newsletter. I am looking forward to seeing the devs answer/justification/excuse/whatever. Unless the answer is: "It CAN still drop" the discussion should be VERY "lively", and rightfully so!
    They will ride the semantics that there is no hard cap and knowingly forget to say chances are once in a lifetime now..

And half UO will be like

• North_LSNorth_LS Posts: 99
    the idea that other people should have things they worked to get removed because others can't get them now or have a hard time getting them now is loltastic. your disappointment at not having those things doesnt invalidate what others went through to obtain them. I dont have any of that stuff, or at least i dont think i do, and i enjoy the game just fine. I still get a bit giddy when i get a drop thats slightly better than what i have, or is valuable enough to sell. I play a few hours at a time, a few times a week and still manage to get decent things here and there.  The key is to decide what you want, research the best way to get it, and spend your time in game doing that. don't do a dozen different things once, then act surprized when they dont all pay out on that first try.
    North_LS said:
    the idea that other people should have things they worked to get removed because others can't get them now or have a hard time getting them now is loltastic. your disappointment at not having those things doesnt invalidate what others went through to obtain them. I dont have any of that stuff, or at least i dont think i do, and i enjoy the game just fine. I still get a bit giddy when i get a drop thats slightly better than what i have, or is valuable enough to sell. I play a few hours at a time, a few times a week and still manage to get decent things here and there.  The key is to decide what you want, research the best way to get it, and spend your time in game doing that. don't do a dozen different things once, then act surprized when they dont all pay out on that first try.
    That's a valid opinion. However, the idea that a new or returning player - no matter if he puts the same effort in - can't get those things, sounds very off-putting to me.