Pub 105 - Treasure Map Update Release 3

Comments

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    Well I was back on TC to check another question I had regarding remove trap.  Here is the map and the skills of the T hunter.  Cart is in the sea saw section.

Here are the skills of the other member of the Party, please note the 100 points for RT.

My t hunter killed off the guardians, unlocked the chest, my remove trap character steps up to do the RT, and is told This is not you chest.  What?  Ok?  T hunter passes the map over and the RT tries once more, “This is not your chest”.

Now I ask about this in general chat but did not receive a reply.  I went ahead and drop LP on the t hunter added RT taking out the trap.  Now I had hoped that a 2nd char with RT in Party could RT the chest, seem you cannot, so again you are force all the skills on to one char to do the chest but harp about group efforts on it.  What efforts?  Kill the spawn?

Over all the loot was mostly antiques, a few curse.  two pinks two blues. 
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    @Drakelord, My understanding from other comments is the character who digs up the chest must be the one to unlock and untrap it.

So basically t-map parties needs one character with cartography, lock-pick, and remove trap. And probably hiding and stealth to avoid getting killed while the other members of the party kill the mobs.
  • ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    @Kyronix I was able to make a Tattered Wall Map on TC.  10 Stash, 5 Cache, 3 Hoard and 1 Trove (all completed by me in Fel).
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    If anyone is interested I made a short vid of digging a trove chest in Malas, it can be found by googling 'petra fyde youtube'.  I'm not going to clog up the forum by posting it here.
    @Petra_Fyde , @Kyronix

Petra, did I see it as right that, in a Malas Artisan Trove Treasure map you found no crafting resources at all ?

ONLY Artisan CACHE Treasure Maps will carry crafting Resources be them Mondain's Legacy or for Imbuing etc ?

If so, "why" is that if I may ask ?

Why is it not that ALL Artisans' Treasure maps carry crafting resources ?
    Perhaps in varying quantities depending on the level of the Map but, nonetheless, ALL Treasure Maps having crafting resources ?
    edited May 2019
    I dug up 5 artisan chests, one of each level. My findings are in a spreadsheet.
    My results from the cache and hoard are not entirely accurate, because I was distracted when emptying them.

Some extra comments:

I was disappointed by the number of times I had to double click the map in order to decode it. This ranged from 3 for a stash to as many as 30 for a trove. I find that a bit much, especially compared to the number of reads we need with the old system.
    What also struck me as unusual: Stash, supply and cache prompted: You study the treasure map but need more time to decode. However, hoard prompted the message: You fail to make anything of the map. If you don't think this is strange, then how do you explain the trove map: 29 x You study the treasure map but need more time to decode and 1 x You fail to make anything of the map.

The amount of gold in my stash chest hardly differed from the amount in my supply chest. Both chests were gold.
    The amount of gold from my trove chest was almost the same as my cache chest. But the trove chest was regular and the cache was gold. If this is intended, then it's fine.
    60K of gold is a nice amount, but would there be a possibility of compacting it somehow? Or perhaps an option to send it immediately to the bank when clicking it? Yes, I know there's such a thing as a bag of sending, but obtaining the translocation power is such a drag (or horrendously expensive). I would love to simply empty the chest without constantly having to recall or gate (and in Ilshenar gating is impossible anyway).

I was positively surprised to receive remove trap skill gains with my 91.9 character on the low level chests! I had started skilling up my treasure hunter mid April when I heard remove trap would (probably) be required. I suppose I don't need to bother now. The low level chests help enormously to gain RT. In my view this is an excellent improvement.

The distribution of the loot in weapons and gear seems fine to me. My TH is an elf, and I did find a few elf items, so that figures. Since all my characters are either elves or humans, this suits me well.

What I'm missing is loot specifically for crafters in the high level artisan chests. If the loot in hoards and troves is basically the same, why bother dividing them into warrior, ranger, artisan, mage, etc? I cannot speak for the other players, but I'd expect that if you call a chest "artisan", no matter the level, you'd expect loot in it that is useful for crafters.

I'm considering creating a second TH, one exclusively for high level chests and the other for the small stuff. Not sure yet if I'll do that, but since (after BoD's) I spent most of my time in UO digging up treasure, investing the time and energy in a second TH would be acceptable for me. Usually, I just do the plainly upto deviously solo, while I reserve the higher levels for a group. Sure, I can solo ingeniously and diabolically, but I prefer to let others join in the fun. Considering the blue guardians which can instakill you (as I found out), it would make more sense to dig up hoards and troves with a group keeping an eye on you.

I wouldn't mind if the RT guardians were just like the other guardians which spawn when digging up the chest or when taking out items. Why make them different? If we kill a mob, we deserve the loot, don't we?

My final gripe is an ancient one. Would there be a possibility to make the chest spawn on a location which isn't covered by a tree's foliage? You're never entirely certain where and when the guardians will spawn.

While I find that certain elements of treasure hunting still have room for improvement, I do consider the experience in its entirety a giant leap forward. The reduction of items is excellent, considering I have RSI. Wouldn't mind if the number of items was even further reduced. And those awful puzzles are gone; I'm overjoyed! I have 6 davies lockers containing all levels of maps, waiting to be decoded and dug up. I can hardly wait to dust off my shovel and sextant, and get back to work!

Hope my comments help.

@Tarragon_Slayer

I am VERY MUCH surprised to see that out of those 5 Artisans' Treasure Maps, one for each of the 5 levels, you only got, as crafting resources, some ingots on the levels 1 and 2 Maps.

No Mondain's Legacy nor Imbuing Resources at all in ANY of the 5 Artisans' chests which you digged up?

@Kyronix , is that working "as intended" or is anything not working properly ?

It was my understanding that Artisans' Treasure Chests would have carried crafting resources like Mondain's Legacy and for Imbuing....

And the Chests were even GOLD ones !!!

What gives ?
    @popps. Imbuing ingredients are found in artisan suppy chests dug up in Ter Mur. Mundain Legacy ingredients are found in artisan supply chests dug up in Malas. Boards and ingots are found in artisan stash and supply chests in all facets.
    TimSt said:
    @ popps. Imbuing ingredients are found in artisan suppy chests dug up in Ter Mur. Mundain Legacy ingredients are found in artisan supply chests dug up in Malas. Boards and ingots are found in artisan stash and supply chests in all facets.
    @TimSt ;

Well, my understanding is, that the 5 Artisans' Maps (all 5 levels) which where digged up, where all in Malas....

Yet, none of them that I could see on the spreadsheet, had any Mondain's Legacy Resources be found in them as it should have been as I understood....

What gives then ?
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    TimSt said:
    @ Drakelord, My understanding from other comments is the character who digs up the chest must be the one to unlock and untrap it.

So basically t-map parties needs one character with cartography, lock-pick, and remove trap. And probably hiding and stealth to avoid getting killed while the other members of the party kill the mobs.
    You are a party of three

The leader of the party is the only one that understands the map and can lead you to the location, and dig it up.

Your lock picking expert is your #2 guy, he has never failed on any lock.

The 3rd one is your life raft, he/she will be the one to de trap the chest, failing could cost he/she or all of your life’s. 

Worked all the time in D&D, why is it you cannot break the skills down while in party?  That just what I did above and it should have worked.

Why is any member in the party today can loot the chest when its open but cannot help with skills to get to that step, open and available for all to see and grab??
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598

popps said:
    TimSt said:
    @ popps. Imbuing ingredients are found in artisan suppy chests dug up in Ter Mur. Mundain Legacy ingredients are found in artisan supply chests dug up in Malas. Boards and ingots are found in artisan stash and supply chests in all facets.
    @ TimSt 

Well, my understanding is, that the 5 Artisans' Maps (all 5 levels) which where digged up, where all in Malas....

Yet, none of them that I could see on the spreadsheet, had any Mondain's Legacy Resources be found in them as it should have been as I understood....

What gives then ?
    @Popps if you are referring to Tarragon_Slayer's spreadsheet
    I dug up 5 artisan chests, one of each level. My findings are in a spreadsheet.
    My results from the cache and hoard are not entirely accurate, because I was distracted when emptying them.

He did them in Trammel not Malas.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    edited June 2019
    Well did 10 Cache Level Maps in all Malas Facet

Results on loot are as follows:

For the ten maps I did, absolutely nothing but gold and gems, 3 maps, and 1 skull tile.  No idea where all the 'resources' are supposed to be so far I have got NONE.    For some reason the assassin cache has 25 items all the others have 12.  

Most are junk magic items. Of the arti level ones I had I kept 4 items none of which would be for me but for a new player vendor.  Only one legendary in the 10 chests which wasn't worth keeping as not may people use bardiches these days. 

My feedback: not worth doing for the time and effort.  Same set up as the hoard maps I did with 800 luck only this time leaving carto on, still only one gold chest, 2 iron and the rest rusty.  Also wearing cartography bonus 28% tally although not sure whether that even works. 

Gonna do some fel hoards now. 

What are the carto glasses I remember reading somewhere about?  Where do you get them?
    edited by Mariah to remove table.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum

sorry couldn't get rid of that grid above, no matter what this forum was NOT gonna let me delete it before posting.  Tried to just copy and paste from excel which it didnt like at all..  Even cancelling out and reloading the whole forum it persisted so had to post. 

Cheers MissE

• TimTim Posts: 790
    Drakelord said:
    TimSt said:
    @ Drakelord, My understanding from other comments is the character who digs up the chest must be the one to unlock and untrap it.

You are a party of three

The leader of the party is the only one that understands the map and can lead you to the location, and dig it up.

Your lock picking expert is your #2 guy, he has never failed on any lock.

The 3rd one is your life raft, he/she will be the one to de trap the chest, failing could cost he/she or all of your life’s. 

Worked all the time in D&D, why is it you cannot break the skills down while in party?  That just what I did above and it should have worked.

Why is any member in the party today can loot the chest when its open but cannot help with skills to get to that step, open and available for all to see and grab??

I would guess they want to keep it simple. The player who digs it up is the one who "owns" the chest. I can see allowing even party members into the process before it is "open" causing a lot of extra programming. I would assume after its open they just use the same code for a corpse. I really can't see enough people splitting the skill up in a party to be worth the programming effort. 

I could be wrong but that what makes sense to me especially with all the talk of wanting to solo all levels.  
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    edited June 2019
    @MissE, do supply level chests, any theme, to try to get the cartography glasses.  I was using some with the +2 bonus (never found any higher than that) last week when doing the digging and they did seem to help with avoiding getting the rusty chests.  I think I have two pairs of +1 glasses on TC if I can find them.  Will post if I find them and then you can let me know if you want a pair to try out.  Also, is your character human or gargoyle?  I gave someone (Tim perhaps?) a pair of +2 glasses a week or so ago and didn't realize they were for gargoyles and his character was human.

ADDED: I found both pairs of the +1 glasses if you want one pair.  Both pairs are for humans.  Drop me a message.  If someone else wants the other pair to try, let me know.  
    edited June 2019
    Elf :) I will do some then see if they make a dif, although putting them on then reduces the luck you wear so not sure if you will gain anything by using. Is why I didn't want to use the carto tally I had as it again just reduces luck. 

No idea on luck tbh, I have NEVER used it. As much as ppl say they get better loot in all the years I have played I can't say I have ever noticed the dif even after they 'fixed' it.  When does it apply here?  Decoding the map wearing it, Digging up the chest wearing it, opening the chest etc etc  If you need the extra carto stuff to get 'gold' chests then what is the point of luck here?  Taking off 150 luck tally and whatever is on my hat 140 i think basically reduces the luck component for what benefit on the type of chest you find. 

Oh and with GM carto and a 28% carto tally why the hell am I failing to 'read' supply maps and having to wait. 

Bad enough you fail MULTIPLE times on Hoard ones. I fail way more times now decoding maps than I ever did on production shard on Ingenious/Diabolic maps and I never bothered with anything but gm carto there?

Cheers MissE

• MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    edited June 2019
    @MissE, if you want to log on real quick, I'll give you one pair of the glasses.  I don't think the carto talisman is helpful for anything other than decoding/writing maps, but could be wrong.  

ADDED:  I can throw in a pair of 2000 luck boots too if you want.  :)
    edited June 2019
    OK did 10 supply level chests all in Felucca - got one pair of +1 glasses no idea if they make any dif, +1 hardly engenders confidence

Again for the effort required these are basically 'training' maps, loot not really worth going out for.  There are a lot of places you can get this type of loot much better than here.

and at a glance:

I didn't get a single artifact level item nor did I keep any of the 8 items in each chest. Not even any for my new player vendors.

All the chests were gold but that was gm carto, 28 tally and i did put the glasses on after the first 3 chests, although I think I would of got gold with just the gm carto at this level.

Cheers MissE

Margrette said:
    @ MissE, if you want to log on real quick, I'll give you one pair of the glasses.  I don't think the carto talisman is helpful for anything other than decoding/writing maps, but could be wrong.  

ADDED:  I can throw in a pair of 2000 luck boots too if you want.  :)
    Sorry didn't see this til after i just did 12 supply chests.  Got a pair of +1's but no need on the luck boots no point testing something with stuff I will never have on a real shard. Thanks anyway. 

Although where you got 2000 luck boots from would be interested to know.

Cheers MissE

Seems to me that the higher level map you go the worse the loot gets, although so far cache maps are totally useless if you want loot other than gold or gems and even then you are better off doing supplys as there is little difference.

Cheers MissE

Ahhh good old stash maps, the lowest level.

@Kyronix Firstly with 100 carto and +1 glasses and 28% carto tally it SHOULD NOT TAKE 5 or more attempts to decode ANY map, let alone the lowest level, it is the most frustrating thing sitting there clicking over and over again to decode maps.

There is something really wrong with how many tries it takes to decode maps of ANY level right now.  I accept that maybe on hoard or trove it may take a couple of tries, but certainly no more than 3 on any ONE map.  I had hoard maps that have taken upwards of 10 attempts to decode.

Half the lowest level stash maps took more than 3 attempts to decode, one as many as 6 goes at it.  I think only one decoded on first try.

But I digress, now my 10 stash maps just for consistency sake.  Looks like this is where mage regs, refinements and the new barbed, spiked and bladed whips have been stuck.  This will make all those ppl who got whip drops from Krampus really unhappy if you haven't already managed to sell yours off for 20+ million on atlantic as they are now falling into assassin slash chests like jelly beans ... just saying :/  (I only opened 2 assassin stash's for 4 whips)

Did 10 stash chests in valley of Eodon. 

At a glance:

None of the items were at arti level (not that I expected they would be in the lower level chests) didn't get any arti level items in stash or supply and only a few in cache level.  I listed the whips  just to show but once this went live they would fall into the unravel category at best with the mods on em.  This level is where you get your refinements to toss in the bin for points and where the mage stashs have bags of 60 regs.  Other than that not much but gold and gems, good for training only.

Cheers MissE

• TimTim Posts: 790
    I could be wrong but didn't Kyronix say cartography Talismans only worked for making maps not decoding or digging Treasure Maps.
  • @MissE and @Tim: Allow me to quote Kyronix to shed some light on the mystery regarding the number of attempts to decode a (newly created) map.
    I too was dumbfounded when testing  ;)

Kyronix said:
    @ Tarragon_Slayer - were these newly created maps that you pulled from the clickies?  If you attempt to decode a map immediately after it is created you will run into some delays.  What you are encountering is the map basically looking for a good chest location in the world.  That takes some time. 

Another decay issue that I have encountered twice.  Pull the gold and gem bag out of the chest and put it on the ground near the chest. When the chest contents decay so do the contents of the gold and gem bag.
    Tim said:
    I could be wrong but didn't Kyronix say cartography Talismans only worked for making maps not decoding or digging Treasure Maps.

They are talking about a new item, legendary mapmaker's glasses.  The glasses use the head slot instead of the talisman slot.  To avoid confusion they might want to rename them to legendary map reader's glasses.

Tim said:
    Wouldnt surprise me, although should work for decoding a map you would think.  I Have done with and without it on same as those glasses on and off, can't say I seen any difference.  @Tarragon_Slayer ; I have selected maps from the clickies and had them in my pack for a min or so and still get the fails.  So ok on the first attempt perhaps it is getting it's bearings but by attempt 6 you would think it would know where it is, I also do a 'row' of em so if one doesnt' decode i move to the next etc, so they have time between tries as well.

Cheers MissE

edited June 2019

(sorry, had to cut most of your Post in this Reply otherwise it would have exceeded the total number of characters permitted...)

"For the ten maps I did, absolutely nothing but gold and gems, 3 maps, and 1 skull tile.  No idea where all the 'resources' are supposed to be so far I have got NONE."

Which is, at least to my viewing, most surprising....

I mean, Crafters, in order to be able to aheam, "craft", need the resources required by their crafing work, be them Mondain's Legacy or Imbuing, right ?

And not only that, but often, they also need them in quite large quantities to account for fails or items crafted not with the wanted modifiers etc.

So, one would imagine that in Artisans' Treasure chests, specifically addressed at Crafters, is my understanding, one would be able to find them in "plentifull" quantities for their crafting needs....

Yet, as several players testing this particular aspect on the Test Server have reported, such resources seem to be the "mysterious" component of Artisans' Treasure Chests....

I mean, for example, with too many "restrictions", for Mondain's Legacy much needed crafting Resources, not only the Map will need to be an Artisan's, but ALSO be for the Malas facet, and if it ALSO will be further restricted to only 1 Malas Artisans' Map Level Treasure Map, of course that for a crafter it would become too restrictive to obtain such crafting resources much needed for crafting works, sometimes, as I said, in plentiful quantities in order to account for fails or items not crafted with the wanted modifiers, slayer or whatever....

@Kyronix , could you please kindly tell us what gives about these particular resources in Artisans' Treasure Chests MUCH needed to Crafters for their crafting work ?

Thanks !
    @popps If you scroll down further you will see where some leather and timber resources start to appear in the last two bunch of tens I did, the Stash and Supply Artisan chests.   Stash piles of 50 and Artisan piles of 100.  (also had ingots in those too although not in the two I listed in my group of 10 map testing)

Didn't get any resources in cache or hoard artisan chests.

Better off going and sinking a merchant ship if you want them tho as the quantity and other loot in the above chests doesn't make it worth the effort if that is what you are after.

I am posting what I get out of 10 maps of each level and within those 10 2 of each type.

Cheers MissE

edited June 2019
    MissE said:
    @ popps If you scroll down further you will see where some leather and timber resources start to appear in the last two bunch of tens I did, the Stash and Supply Artisan chests.   Stash piles of 50 and Artisan piles of 100.  (also had ingots in those too although not in the two I listed in my group of 10 map testing)

Didn't get any resources in cache or hoard artisan chests.

Better off going and sinking a merchant ship if you want them tho as the quantity and other loot in the above chests doesn't make it worth the effort if that is what you are after.

I am posting what I get out of 10 maps of each level and within those 10 2 of each type.
    "Better off going and sinking a merchant ship if you want them tho as the quantity and other loot in the above chests doesn't make it worth the effort if that is what you are after. "

Precisely.

This is the point I am trying to bring up to the attention of @Kyronix .....

I mean, it is GREAT, and I love it, that Treasure Maps have been split up in "Professions" so that one can fine tune the search, depending on what they need and look for, regarding the related Profession...

But what is THE MOST one items that crafters do need in order to be able to carry out their crafting Profession ?

RESOURCES, RECIPES and Crafting TALISMANS to reduce their failure rates....

Therefore, I would imagine, Resources, including Mondain's Legacy and Resources for Imbuing, I think should be readily available in Artisans' Treasure Chests, Recipes and Crafting talismans also, perhaps having the rarer crafting Recipes and higher percentages Crafting Talismans being a tad less common to be found on Chests or only spawn in the better (Gold) and higher Level Artisans' Treasure Chests....

Sure, to find a good Legendary Artifact piece for a suit or weapon might be a great finding for a Crafter in order to better make that great Suit, but on a daily basis, I think that what matters MOST to a Crafter would be Resources, all of them, Recipes, including the rarer ones, and Crafting Talismans....

Yet, instead, I keep seeing all of this quite lacking in Artisans' Chests......

Not to mention, the limiting restrictions in order to get a Chest spawning such Crafting Resources.....

I mean, take Mondain's Legacy crafting resources, for example, a Crafter looking for them would need to not only find an Artisan's Treasure Map, but also one set in Malas, AND, on top of that, also of the appropriate level spawning those Resources....

What is the likeliness of a Crafter being able to find such "specific" Artisans' Treasure Maps bearing Mondain's Legacy resources ?

Also, the "rarer" the occurrance to find one such Treasure Map, the "more" of such Resources I think should spawn in the given, particular Chest otherwise, it would be useless to the Crafter needing them, I would imagine, because not having them in the sufficient capacity for their crafting needs....
    Yes well from what I have found so far, I have only 10 trove level ones to do now, you are ONLY going to get resources in the two lower level artisan chests.  Ie Stash and Supply level.

I see absolutely NO reason why the cache, and hoard level maps even bother with different names as if you look at my spreadsheets for those level maps there is absolutely nothing different between an artisan map and a mage map once you get off the two lower levels so not really sure what the point is in making them, unless there is intent to add more stuff to the loot table, which frankly they need to do as he loot on cache, hoard, and I expect trove makes them not worth doing, at least once the world is drowning in alacrity scrolls.

Cheers MissE

Anyways before I move onto the trove maps I did another 10 hoard maps only this time in fel to guage how many power scrolls are likely and to see what other types of loot there are.  Disappointed all round to be honest as the powerscrolls take the 'slot' of one of the 4 paper items you were gonna get in a tram hoard map and are not 'in addition' to.  Plus the guaranteed .5 pink is gone so you will still get 4 paper things (alacrity, tmap, pink or powerscroll). Nothing else of any value.  Given so far I have dug up 10 stash, 10 supply, 10 cache, 10 tram hoard and 10 fel hoard (50 maps in total) I have yet to see a mana orb or pardon, have had 1 hourglass and 2 skull floor tiles.  Not much for 50 maps.

As for item loot I see no 'boost' to quality and due to the vastly reduced number compared to an ingenious map the end result is you actually take home less 'nice' bits.  Certainly you take home a substantial amount less for unraveling as a chest now has about a max of 24 loot items in it as opposed to the 80 odd items before.  A 75% reduction in that type of loot means you end up with 75% less 'nice' bits.   Anyways this is the breakdown on FEL hoard maps.   Oh did get a star sapphire octopus necklace although I have zero idea as to what purpose it has with 0 mods.  Haven't seen if it can be imbued, if it can't well I guess you can lock it down on the floor or something. The spread on the powerscrolls was pretty reasonable, although the 105's are lame.

at a glance

Of all the items I only found 7 keepers out of 191 pieces in the ten chests.  NOT good.  Even those were not great bits, although one tunic was reasonably good and a legendary.

As I said in the last look at 10 tram hoard maps, the amount of alacrities (20 this time in fel) (25 in the tram ones) they are gonna be totally worthless due to swamping on the market.  The spawn rate has increased by a factor of 8 so where there has been a steady supply and market that will change instantly.  Once you take out gold gems and alacrities the above pinks and ps are all you get for all that effort. It takes a while to kill those mobs solo, but if you had a party you would seriously end up with bugger all loot worth splitting. 

Cheers MissE

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    popps said:
    If anyone is interested I made a short vid of digging a trove chest in Malas, it can be found by googling 'petra fyde youtube'.  I'm not going to clog up the forum by posting it here.
    @ Petra_Fyde ,
    Petra, did I see it as right that, in a Malas Artisan Trove Treasure map you found no crafting resources at all ?

I knew there were no crafting resources in that level. I read the publish notes.
    What I did get were artisan specific alacrity scrolls.