Time to fix curse scrolls

People running around using scrolls for curse and getting max effect for 30 secs without the skill needs to be fixed.  Should be skill based for time and how much it takes resists down just like corpseskin.  Fix it ASAP.  @Bleak @Kyronix

Comments

• LynkLynk Posts: 185
    edited May 2019
    Please educate yourself on topics before complaining.  The effect and duration are both presently scaled based on skill.

And everyone using scrolls for this does have skill points invested.  Go and try to use a curse scroll with 0 skill and let me know what happens.

If you do decide to make a change, make sure you fix poison mastery and onslaught to properly lower resist cap rather than resists like every other debuff in game.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited May 2019
    I’ll do some testing but this sounds odd to me because off the top of my head, you need around 60 eval to be able to curse someone to drop their resists if they have resisting spells. And scrolls just give you something like equivalent  20 skill in magery. 

I suspect it may just be an abuse of insta suit swapping bug. You’re actually not supposed to be able to swap to +skill magery/eval pieces without undressing first. This is a bug as far as I understand it.

https://forum.uo.com/discussion/2681/dress-macro-both-clients-still-not-behaving-correctly#latest
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• LearnMeLearnMe Posts: 43
    These forums are quickly becoming Higgs' personal diary for every time he dies to something.
  • The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    You should at least need GM in both mage and eval just like corpseskin or it  shouldn't work to full potential.  Should also have to be real skill not modified.  This should also go for all scroll casting, like wall of stone and other field spells.
  • SummonedSummoned Posts: 37
    If skill has to be real skill, what's the point of skill increase jewels? Making it real skill is a bad idea. Sorry. 
    Skill increase is another issue that needs fixed in pvp.
    Let me make sure I understand.  I should need 200 skill points to use a 3rd circle spell?  Curse already scales based on skill level both in duration and effectiveness.
  • CetricCetric Posts: 152
    So he's complaining about people casting 4th circle spell because of scroll, yet you get the same effect with 65 magery without scrolls.  Do you think before you come complain?  And you think investing 200 skill like corpse skin makes sense lol.  If you had to invest 200 skill ud just make it a necro, and being how crucial curse are in general I think they should be more accessible not less.
  • CazadorCazador Posts: 83
    Ole DC back at it again. Just stay in Trasha’s fields...it’ll alllll be ok. They can’t curse you if you’re surrounded by 200 perfectly legit looking para fields..
    Ive tested this and you get max resist lowered at 10 with no skill at all in eval or magery on a elf.  Only thing that scales is duration.  Fix this please.  @Kyronix @Bleak
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    *Dust off my Curse Scrolls* Lol.
    The fact that youre claiming it on an elf tells me you didnt actually test it.

When i try to use teleport scrolls (3rd circle) i fizzle most of the time.  Youre telling me you can cast 4th circle?

Fake news.  Get smashed in dsp more.
    Yes it casted on second try with a curse scroll on a elf with 0 skill.  It only lasted like 3 seconds but it worked.  Your just mad cuase this will ruin your exploitation of this bug.  And LOL on despise where you had ten and we had 7, four of which were pvmers.  LMAO.  
    edited May 2019
    Except we had 5 for the first fight and 6 for the second.

GAME BREAKING EXPLOIT: I HAVE A 20% CHANCE TO CAST A SPELL FROM A SCROLL THAT DOESNT LOWER STATS ONLY RESISTS FOR 3 SECONDS 

Just stop warshak.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    ^^^^^THIS^^^^^
  • CazadorCazador Posts: 83
    Lol
    The amount of trolling in here is ridiculous, wheres the mods at.     In this plus skill time getting free -10 in elemental resists is a ridiculous advantage.  People could just swap hat and jewels and get 30+ sec curse off then switch back.  It needs to be fixed to work like corpseskin, you should not get max resist lowered for almost no skill.  
    To swap items for curse scroll would be horrible.  1 second per item delay to use scroll, 1 sec delay before you can reequip, another 1 sec delay per item before you can swing or use another consumable.  Just.  Stop.
  • HermioneHermione Posts: 51
    Lynk said:
    To swap items for curse scroll would be horrible.  1 second per item delay to use scroll, 1 sec delay before you can reequip, another 1 sec delay per item before you can swing or use another consumable.  Just.  Stop.
    I have seen people doing it. You can still swap without undressing on both clients, they never fixed it.
    edited May 2019
    Hermione said:
    Lynk said:
    I have seen people doing it. You can still swap without undressing on both clients, they never fixed it.

Depends on what you expect.  If you swap on 4 items ur under a 4 second item delay. Who's gunna swap 4 items, wait 4 secs, use another item, wait 1 sec, swap 4 items back, 4 secs again before you can use anything else.

Higgs just finds anything he's not good at or doesn't understand to try to say it's unbalanced.  For example, I have 65 actual magery and lrc on my archer, and I curse with it.  What's scrolls or anything have to do with that.  If you want to force full skill for benefit then every build would be cookie cutter and even less reason to logon.  Bad enough corpse skin needs 200 skill investment, necro used to be one of the few skills you could half utilize with a spare 120 skill on. Template.  What's left now?  Damn near nothing.
    edited May 2019
    do you really stop swinging for 4 seconds? Because you can still cast spells in the cooldown.

I have seen people do it, swap to +magery/eval stuff and cast curse and i don't notice any stoppage in attack from them.
    theres a 3rd party program that bypasses the in game delay, that's what those guys use anyway.  There is no reason to get free max lower of resists for no skill involvement.   The way cetric talks everyone might as well have every skill in the game cause thatll be fun.   LOLOL   Just fix this issue, have adjust how much it lowers the resists according to skill, that's all.
    Pvp right now is all but dead due to plus skill making templates ridiculous and harder to kill.  We need less skill on templates not more.
    edited May 2019
    theres a 3rd party program that bypasses the in game delay, 
    I find this difficult to believe. 

I find it doubtful that the 4 second action delay stops you from swinging. If it does, there is a balance issue as mages are able to cast spells during the action delay. If it does stop you swinging, it should also stop you casting.
    edited May 2019
    Pvp right now is all but dead due to plus skill making templates ridiculous and harder to kill.  We need less skill on templates not more.

Only reason you see pvp as dead is because you turtle in a sea of fields or hold 1 tile chokes with crates, not actually pvping.  You seem to be someone who is incapable of countering anything, and your only defense mechanism is to run to this forum to complain. 
    theres a 3rd party program that bypasses the in game delay, that's what those guys use anyway.  There is no reason to get free max lower of resists for no skill involvement.   The way cetric talks everyone might as well have every skill in the game cause thatll be fun.   LOLOL   Just fix this issue, have adjust how much it lowers the resists according to skill, that's all.

Nothing bypasses the item delays that occur
    Hermione said:

I find it doubtful that the 4 second action delay stops you from swinging. If it does, there is a balance issue as mages are able to cast spells during the action delay. If it does stop you swinging, it should also stop you casting.
    I don't believe any item delay stops you from swinging, and I dunno why anyone would think it does/should.
    Cetric said:
    Hermione said:

I don't believe any item delay stops you from swinging, and I dunno why anyone would think it does/should.
    It does delay your swings.  As a test, start hitting a monster with a wep at 1.25 swing speed, then drag an item off and drop it on your paper doll, like your robe.  Note how you stop swinging 

Also warshak stop making stuff up, there is nothing that bypasses the use item delay from suit swap. 
    edited May 2019
    I just tested it,
    YOU DO NOT STOP SWINGING, there is like a half a second delay in swing (maybe less) when you swap an entire suit.

You definitely don't stop swinging for 1 second per each item...

So this is definite exploit of bug to swap items without undressing items.

Ive never tested a whole suit.  I was testing casting an offensive spell on my melee character by putting 2 jewels and a talisman on to cast (not off of a scroll), and then putting jewels back on to swing my wep.  I had to kill the plan because there was a huge delay before swing.
This discussion has been closed.