War Target is Blocked Message when Fighting Beacon?

I can't target the beacons without getting the message War Target is Blocked. This was happening to me on TC and happens to me on home shard. I've never been able to target the beacon's life bar to take shots at it with my bow. But mages I've fought with don't have the same problem. It's not that big a deal I guess because once I fire the cannon at the beacon I start shooting my bow at it automatically. But why is it happening?

At first I thought it must be something that happens to all archers but wasn't an issue for magic users. But the last couple days I've been going out with another archer and they have no problem double clicking the beacon's health bar to start shooting at it. 

Is my character bugged somehow? Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks!

Comments

• Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Yes!

In order to attack it on my archer, I have to toggle block war on friendly off.  then I can attack it at will.

Just gotta remember to turn it back on when lighthouse is done lol.

A pain in the rear, dunno why the system thinks the plunderbeacon is a friendly
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    Huh! Ok, I'll look for that toggle in menu. Thanks, Uriah!
    on the right, middle one down, the triangle lookin one, should be the last optioin available

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Block war on friendly should only block war on guild/alliance. It is bugged as it also blocks war on innocent and apparently invulnerable too. There is already an existing bug report open. Please be patient with bug fixes. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Mervyn said:
    Block war on friendly should only block war on guild/alliance. It is bugged as it also blocks war on innocent and apparently invulnerable too. There is already an existing bug report open. Please be patient with bug fixes. 

Ironically, my guildmates evs get attacked by me all the time :(  it should block those as well, but, oh well

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Don't worry, this is also included in the bug report. I'm sure they have their TOP men on it as we speak:

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002