champion spawns and endless journey

Just saying that endless journey accounts should receive powerscrolls and be able to be protected at champion spawns. You are only benefiting a minority amount of players that sell scrolls by increasing demand and price since it will be the only way for people to acquire scrolls by buying off other players which also hurts subscribers who also buy off players as the prices will continue to rise.

You are also further hurting the PvP community by discouraging anyone from endless journey to do champion spawns because they have no reward.

Let the players regulate champion spawns like they always have but don't discourage players from attempting them it just hurts the majority of players in multiple ways and has no positive impact on the game to prevent scroll drops.

Comments

• On a similar topic, say one EJ and one sub'd account is doing a spawn. If both of them kill the champ, does the sub'd account get all six scrolls or do they only get three?
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    EJ Accounts will be used as fodder, they should not be allowed in the spawn and they should not be allowed to use PS
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    Bilbo said:
    EJ Accounts will be used as fodder, they should not be allowed in the spawn and they should not be allowed to use PS
    *clicks LIKE button* 
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • PureLife said:

You are also further hurting the PvP community by discouraging anyone from endless journey to do champion spawns because they have no reward.
    They will get a reward. They can split the scroll drops with the paying subscribers they did the spawn with. This has been how champion spawn guilds have worked for 15 years now. 
    PureLife said:

They will get a reward. They can split the scroll drops with the paying subscribers they did the spawn with. This has been how champion spawn guilds have worked for 15 years now. 
    Felucca Dungeons & Felucca T2AYes
    Use Scrolls of Alacrity, Power, Stat, and TranscendenceYes
    Receive Scrolls from Champ SpawnsNo
  • PureLifePureLife Posts: 54
    PureLife said:

There is no such thing as a champion spawn guild anymore. Sure that would work 15 years ago but they do not exist anymore.
    PureLife said:
    PureLife said:

There is no such thing as a champion spawn guild anymore. Sure that would work 15 years ago but they do not exist anymore.
    OK if you say so.
  • PureLife said:

Then why are people complaining about Power Scrolls all the time? If there are no guilds doing them anymore then it would be a walk in the park to get your own. 
  • FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    Bilbo said:
    PureLife said:

I think you need to practice your reading comprehension. Quoting the list where it says EJ won't get scrolls from the spawns has little to do with what JC suggested... which is that the subbed players can share the scrolls they get with the EJ players afterwards.
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited March 2018
    Good restrictions to help keeping prices high and making EJ little interesting to actual players.

.. if that was the target  :D
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • DerajDeraj Posts: 85
    As much of the game as possible should be accessible to EJ's while still providing a strong incentive to subscribe. I don't have a strong opinion one way or another on EJ's being awarded scrolls directly but I do think that EJ's should be able to join their friends at champion spawns.
    Faeryl said:
    Bilbo said:
    PureLife said:

I think you need to practice your reading comprehension. Quoting the list where it says EJ won't get scrolls from the spawns has little to do with what JC suggested... which is that the subbed players can share the scrolls they get with the EJ players afterwards.
     :# TY
  • The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    Whats to stop people from running 3-4 Free EJ accts to run the spawn and then just bring down their one paid acct to kill the boss and still get the scrolls?  I believe that is the more important question here.
    Whats to stop people from running 3-4 Free EJ accts to run the spawn and then just bring down their one paid acct to kill the boss and still get the scrolls?  I believe that is the more important question here.
    Only 3 or 4 I see a lot more than that with a couple of paid accounts to gather up the goodies.  They will also be used to kill any group doing spawns so the paid accounts can steal the scrolls.
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    That's my plan. Don't forget a couple of other chars hidden to monitor spawn entrances. I'm going to need to buy a couple more monitors!
    Bilbo said:
    Only 3 or 4 I see a lot more than that with a couple of paid accounts to gather up the goodies.  They will also be used to kill any group doing spawns so the paid accounts can steal the scrolls.

That number is just random as to what is needed to run the spawn effectively at a faster pace, it could be any number of accts that the person can run successfully on their PC.  Just an example.
    Bilbo said:

That number is just random as to what is needed to run the spawn effectively at a faster pace, it could be any number of accts that the person can run successfully on their PC.  Just an example.
    we really need like buttons.  The honest player doesn't stand a chance
  • EyeEye Posts: 91
    The honest player doesn't stand a chance

ROFL!
    So true
  • PureLifePureLife Posts: 54
    There is honestly no champion spawn guilds outside of Atlantic and even then they are not overly active. Limiting what players can do in Felucca makes little sense considering there is far worse spots people can abuse Endless Journey such as Doom / Blackthorns and other spots like that in trammel where players cannot police each other.

All that limiting champion spawns is going to accomplish is the further increase of powerscroll prices as well as discourage players from running champion spawns which negatively effects my game play.

There are clearly going to be loopholes people will use to get around this so why bother? Just let people do the content and if it becomes a serious issue the players can step up and solve it there is no valid argument on why drops should be restricted they are an important part of a characters progression and are already have a high risk to obtain so why make it impossible?

My friends and I are setup to spawn on most US servers.  The nonsense that only atlantic has spawners is just not true.  Atlantic is popular only cause of the super vendor mall, which is caused by the free transfer shields.  If people didn't have to go there to get stuff nowadays most wouldn't. 

I don't need to see massive multibotting spawners running around for free sucking up scrolls from others, that would ruin the game.  Those people who are honestly playing to get scrolls on free accounts can still go with friends who have a subscribed account and share scrolls received.  

What this game needs to get more activity is more permanent content other then what it has.  The game is dead cause everything is old and boring.  Every patch that comes out should have some kind of content added to the game, or at very least every other patch.  The last thing that was added was TOL like 3-4 years ago.  It only takes about a year before people get bored doing that same thing over and over.  There is tons of content in the game already that can just be upgraded or overhauled and new things added to drop.  It doesn't have to be a new expansion to have new content.  These are things that would bring people back to play, not free powerscrolls.

@The_Higgs_1 careful or you will get yelled at for using your brain.  Better get ready because there will be tons of EJ accounts to be used as fodder against you while the real accounts come in after to finish you off and collect the scrolls, the return of the ZERGs using free EJ accounts can't wait.