Pub 105 - Treasure Map Update Phase I *Bugs, Loot, and Guardian Mob Distribution Only*

Comments

• WhesslesWhessles Posts: 49
    Arroth brings up a fairly significant point. Bards are generally their own beast. if consolidation of warrior and barbarian is going to happen anyway, it would suggest that the placeholder for the barbarian slot still exists. More generally in an object-oriented environment creating a new bard chest would not be that complex. All of those words to say that maybe bard specific chests make sense. Sure there are tamer bards and warrior bards and ... the list goes on, but the one thing that remains true is bards need things like instruments. One of the reasons I still do so many L6 maps is the chance at the two white instruments in the artifact bag. In general, I like the class groupings of the chests, but I definitely see a relevant argument for bard to be a specific chest group. Just tossing it out there to mull over. :)

edited April 2019
    Margrette said:
    @ Kyronix, why do we have to have chest quality if luck is eventually going to be part of this?  I just dug up two rusty horde chests and the loot is awful.   Really, really awful.  If we have no control over the chest quality and then luck, or lack of luck, is going to be part of this, why are we even going to bother digging up chests?  It takes me a bit of time to kill the spawn on a horde chest and the loot just isn't worth the time.  There's absolutely nothing in the chest but gold, gems, and useless loot that probably doesn't even unravel to relic fragments.  It's a waste of my playing time to go dig these up.
    I think there is room for skill and luck and chest quality to work together. After all, the point of treasure chests is digging up the unknown. So I might dig up a rusty chest (Chest difficulty roll versus or even times cartography. In this case a high rust would be close to a low standard) knowing it has x possible weighting. A standard would have 1.5x a gold 2.0x. Even though I know I have a given weighting scale, I have no idea on the distribution. Luck could be used for the population roll. So Even if I got a rusted I could still get a lower end legendary or lower PS or whatever the golden egg is for that chest. I understand that this does dimish the chest color to some extent, but it gives you a fair general idea how you did on that roll. 

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    Margrette said:
    @ Kyronix, why do we have to have chest quality if luck is eventually going to be part of this?  I just dug up two rusty horde chests and the loot is awful.   Really, really awful.  If we have no control over the chest quality and then luck, or lack of luck, is going to be part of this, why are we even going to bother digging up chests?  It takes me a bit of time to kill the spawn on a horde chest and the loot just isn't worth the time.  There's absolutely nothing in the chest but gold, gems, and useless loot that probably doesn't even unravel to relic fragments.  It's a waste of my playing time to go dig these up.
    Chest quality is a benefit of your cartography skill.  In an abstract sense, if I have buried my most prized possessions and hidden them in a chest, only the most learned of cartographers are going to be able to discern my map and find the most valuable chest that I've hidden away.

This also allows for new items that are coming *spoiler alert* that will give minor boosts to cartography skill that will increase your chances of having a better quality chest.

As for luck, it has a precedent in determining budget that is used to generate magic equipment.  We would logically expand that into the magic equipment generation here, which is what we plan to do.

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Kyronix said:
    As for luck, it has a precedent in determining budget that is used to generate magic equipment.  We would logically expand that into the magic equipment generation here, which is what we plan to do.

Image result for happy dance gifImage result for happy dance gifImage result for happy dance gif
    edited April 2019
    @Kyronix

Will the loot within the chests be more honed towards the professions on the chest? Right now the RNG ( I use RNGhere, as I do not know what the correct terminology is for the property assignment) is just assigning random properties at will. Are there any thoughts or plans for the loot to be more aligned property wise to the chest type? is this even possible with the current loot table and property assignment systems?

edited April 2019
    Whessles said:
    @ Kyronix

Will the loot within the chests be more honed towards the professions on the chest? Right now the RNG ( I use RNGhere, as I do not know what the correct terminology is for the property assignment) is just assigning random properties at will. Are there any thoughts or plans for the loot to be more aligned property wise to the chest type? is this even possible with the current loot table and property assignment systems?

The properties should fall in line with the professions that the chests represent.  There’s a lot of dials that go into this that require tweaking to get it right.
    Kyronix said:
    The properties should fall in line with the professions that the cheats represent.  There’s a lot of dials that go into this that require tweaking to get it right.
    I suspected it wasn't super simple. Good to hear that it is being at least considered. Hopefully some balance of perfect and attainable will prevail. 
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    edited April 2019
    Kyronix said:
    Margrette said:
    Chest quality is a benefit of your cartography skill.  In an abstract sense, if I have buried my most prized possessions and hidden them in a chest, only the most learned of cartographers are going to be able to discern my map and find the most valuable chest that I've hidden away.

This also allows for new items that are coming *spoiler alert* that will give minor boosts to cartography skill that will increase your chances of having a better quality chest.

So having 100 cartography and wearing a 21% cartography talisman is not good enough to dig up more than just rusty chests?   That's pretty sad.

I just dug up 6 horde chests with GM cartography and a 21% cartography talisman, partied with one other character.  Four of those chests were rusty, one was metal, and one was gold.  The details are on the tab called "Randomly Generated Equipment" in this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17SHMAEYnwRJ1o6e_16ov9JKue0DnHi1FzHnxOt-bI8g/edit?usp=sharing ; . 

I'm so frustrated right now trying to understand why this is better than what we have currently.  I like the resources on the Stash level chests, especially being able to get ML ingredients, as I never get an opportunity to do peerless.  But other than that, this does not seem like any kind of improvement over what we already have.  I've been using a character with GM cartography and a talisman and you've said luck isn't a factor yet.  But everything in the way of the random equipment is pretty much junk and the "extras" rarely spawn.  It's nothing but a waste of time unless you're sitting on a pile of low-end maps and only want to quickly gather some gold.
  • The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    I don't like the RNG of the chests being done at all.  If people have high level maps, they deserve higher level results/loot.  It shouldn't be I got a trove now I have to hope for a gold chest, its just ridiculous.   There is already too much stupid RNG in UO, don't add anymore.
    edited April 2019
    @Margrette - we are still in the process of tweaking how cartography will ultimately impact which chest quality spawns. The talisman is irrelevant. Stop using it. As I said previously, we are in the process of balancing the loot intensity. It's an iterative process and will take several passes to get right. While I appreciate your contributions immensely, if you feel as though this has been a waste of your playing time perhaps TC1 content isn't for you. I hope you stick with it though, as I said - immensely helpful contributions.

@The_Higgs_1 I would agree with that if there was a worthwhile investment on the front side to warrant the highest end loot on the backside. What you are asking for would require a substantial uptick in the guardian difficulty (people already solo up to a level 3 easily, 4-7s require a bit more effort, but also soloable). I'm not keen on increasing guardian difficulty. Also consider that there are literally hundreds of thousands of maps people are sitting on. They aren't all that difficult to get so some variation in the overall results is required to keep the gameworld in balance.
    Kyronix said:
    @ Margrette - we are still in the process of tweaking how cartography will ultimately impact which chest quality spawns. The talisman is irrelevant. Stop using it. As I said previously, we are in the process of balancing the loot intensity. It's an iterative process and will take several passes to get right. While I appreciate your contributions immensely, if you feel as though this has been a waste of your playing time perhaps TC1 content isn't for you. I hope you stick with it though, as I said - immensely helpful contributions.
    @Kyronix, I will stick with it and take off the cartography talisman.  I'm very curious about what kind of loot spawns for each theme.  Is it safe to assume that the Barbarian and Warrior loot tables will eventually be combined and therefore the chance for getting any specific type of item from either theme is going to be diluted?

Also, I've yet to see in the Supply chests any of the legacy minor artifacts.  I've done 89 Supply chests and have only gotten 8 of the Publish 67 items (6 surge shields, 2 forged pardons, and 2 runed sashes).  Are the legacy minor artifacts turned off or is the chance to get them just really, really small?  Do the legacy minor artifacts include any of the ones from the Treasures of Tokuno events that could be turned in to get a major artifact?

Are there any plans to add imbuing ingredients or ML ingredients or something similar to non-Artisan/non-Ranger Stash-level chests dug up in facets other than Malas or Ter Mur?
    @Kyronix, one more question.  Does the race of the treasure hunter who dug up the chest or the race of the character who actually opens the chest have any effect on the racial property, if any, of (1) legacy minor artifacts/Publish 67 artifacts, or (2) randomly generated equipment?  My human t-hunter has dug up one gargoyle runed sash and several gargoyle or elf randomly generated items, so I'm guessing race doesn't matter for loot.  Is this correct?
  • The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    It already takes at least 15min to half hour to run a Tmap depending on level and which guardians pop out, and that's if you already have the maps in stock to run.  A full roof run takes 45min to 1 hour.  The loot on the roof is five times better then Tmaps, so unless its even comparable as far as time and quality of loot people will just not do them.    Person has to find location, gate in friends or other accounts if needed, the dig it up, then kill guardians, then loot.   All of this doesn't even factor time it takes to collect tmaps to begin with.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    @Kyronix Why do you think players only want clean legendaries in every chest. You have said this twice.  I have not seen one poster ask for that.  We are asking for a loot upgrade.  Bump it two levels from what it is.  
    We will be seeing more antique and heavy artifacts than we see Brittle.

Killing most high HP mobs over and over will give better loot than this.  And those need an upgrade.
    I toss Artifacts in the trash after every hunt.  There are too many properties to get a good roll on a weapon or armor per 100 finds.

Do you realize how many brittle Legendary Artifacts you have to find to get one that is a keeper?  There does not seem to be a chance at any good armor or weapons from these chests right now.

Chests should generate different each party member. You should be guaranteed 4 Artifacts in each Horde level.  6 in each trove. 

• Minor Magic Item
    • Lesser Magic Item
    • Greater Magic Item
    • Major Magic Item
    • Lesser Artifact
    • Greater Artifact
    • Major Artifact
    • Legendary Artifact
    There are 4 levels of artifacts. Throw in weight, the many properties that could appear and antique. The chances of getting something useful is slim. All the Antique Prized drops in Khaldun were useless because they have mismatched properties. 

The average loot that I have seen so far is in the greater/major magic. Ex: 4 lesser magic 3 greater magic  1 major magic

Trove chests should be averaging Greater Artifact.  You are adding Fel,  remove trap, cartog bonus, Luck Suits and party requirements.  

Trove should be getting 1 brittle Legendary, 6 Major Artifacts, 8 Greater Artifacts, 6 Lesser Artifact.
    At the highest level as determined by You.  That can be the Fel Golden Trove chests. 

Iv'e seen an attempt to generate Studded Dex armor in the Ranger Chests.  This is GREAT!

You put a lot of thought and work into this. It could be great if the loot is a higher level average.

Personally adding Luck to this will make it so that I will never open a chest.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited April 2019
    The 3 lower level chests could contain Jewelry with 1 2 or 3 stats.  

A chance at a 10 SSI ring alone or with another property would be awesome. Chance at 18 SDI alone.

Even a ring with just FC can be used.
    @Kyronix, I'm noticing that most of the weapons that spawn in the Mage chests do not have spell channeling, other than the wands.  Is there a reason for this?  What will be required of the treasure hunter to make the weapons in the Mage chests spawn with spell channeling?
    @Kyronix, is there anything that can be done about the chests that never get out of the ground because they are supposedly stuck?  It really irks me when the first one I find is gold and the one I finally end up being able to loot is metal or rusty.
    @Pawain - the "clean legendary" thing is a generalization that can be read as only the best of the best.  It's something we hear often, and without delving into the rabbit hole of equipment loot properties its a quick way to identify items that fit your current character build specifically.  The best of the best, the cream of the crop etc.  We will be making a pass on the budgets used to power loot generation.  As far as this comment, "You are adding Fel,  remove trap, cartog bonus, Luck Suits and party requirements." as justification for higher level loot.  Luck has played a role in loot generation for magic equipment since Publish 86? (if memory serves) and currently does on production.  This is nothing new.  So I'm assuming you don't participate in treasure maps as it is based on your comments related to luck?  It's pretty easy to load up on luck to dig up the chest then re-outfit yourself to something more combat worthy.

@Margrette - I think there's something related to loot packages where spell channeling only shows up on wands.  Not sure off the top of my head though.  This is something we will have to look into.  The chest getting stuck issue is something we are looking into.  I've had it happen to me a few times in testing.  But we need more details on how to reproduce it 100% of the time.  Please reply with exactly what you were doing to get this to occur so we can squash it.
    Kyronix said:

@ Margrette - I think there's something related to loot packages where spell channeling only shows up on wands.  Not sure off the top of my head though.  This is something we will have to look into.  The chest getting stuck issue is something we are looking into.  I've had it happen to me a few times in testing.  But we need more details on how to reproduce it 100% of the time.  Please reply with exactly what you were doing to get this to occur so we can squash it.
    I can't say there's anything different that I do on the occasions when a chest gets stuck versus other times when the first one does not.  When I get the message that something is blocking the chest, I either target again somewhere in between my character and where I can see the blocked chest's handles, or off to the side of it.  Sometimes that helps and the next chest raises completely; other times, the second chest is blocked too.  Sometimes I try to retarget the same spot using "last target," but that generally does not work and it causes a second blocked chest.  There is often nothing visible that seems to be blocking the chest, i.e., it looks like you're trying to raise it in an empty area that has no trees or bushes anywhere close, just a big flat patch of grass.  I have yet to figure out what is going on.  I'm using the Classic Client, so I definitely see handles and definitely see multiple handles if there has been more than one blocked chest.  You have perhaps noticed my notes about it in the spreadsheet!
    Kyronix said:
    @ Margrette - we are still in the process of tweaking how cartography will ultimately impact which chest quality spawns. The talisman is irrelevant. Stop using it. 

Will this be the way going forward? For instance, will the cartography items actually be +cartography similar to the mining gloves or will these talismans actually function in the future as a bonusing item? To rephrase will new items have a bonus percentage as these do? or are these going back into the obscure and useless pile?

Regarding all of the loot talk, the original premise as it was explained in the previous thread was (I am paraphasing here)  the goal is quality over quantity. The reason everyone is screaming foul right now is that currently this is most definitely not the case. I know this has been hashed a lot but to be very clear:

Before we could, and many of us did run piles and piles of level 1-3 for SoAs. Even with some poor luck you could do 10-15 of these an hour and get 2-3 SoAs per hour. 
    I personally never bothered with 4 and 5 as the time to benefit was not on my side. Someone else will need to fill this in. 

With the 6s and 7s We were guaranteed a fair amount of lesser and greater Artifacts. usually on the order of 10 conservatively.   In fel, roughly 50% of 6s had at least 1 Major artifact and probably 20% had a legendary. The numbers for 7s I would guess scaled up pretty linearly. I don't know as I didn't run huge piles of those. Also in fel chests we ALWAYS got an SoT and OFTEN got SoAs. Then there are sashes, refinements, orbs, prdons, I could go on here. 

This isn't a "clean legendary" pipe dream. You can run these on production right now and see those numbers jive pretty decently ( I run a 2300 luck suit on dig time). 

I understand that the loot passes will take time to get right. I understand you can only act on the feedback at a certain speed. What the dev team has to understand in reading this forum is this is a HUGE shell shock to mappers. The amount of maps that people are sitting on has not changed drastically in the last week. The mappers were still going to get EVERYTHING that was in the current production version in time. This rollout was supposed to be an improvement but it seems like whoever populated the higher level chests had never actually run them in production. I know that might sound unfair, and it may be untrue, but it definitely SEEMS that way as a layman looking at iteration 1 of the chest loot. 

I have no doubt all of this is going to be fixed and the new system is going to be an exciting time. I just ask when you read the feedback you understand where the base is coming from when they are adding a bunch of *&^#*@ in sentences. There is, at least for me, a bit of shock and confusion. Some will articulate that better than others. I tend to resort to the best unicode has to offer. <span>:smiley:</span>
    Kyronix said:
    Luck Suits and party requirements." as justification for higher level loot.  Luck has played a role in loot generation for magic equipment since Publish 86? (if memory serves) and currently does on production.  This is nothing new.  So I'm assuming you don't participate in treasure maps as it is based on your comments related to luck?  It's pretty easy to load up on luck to dig up the chest then re-outfit yourself to something more combat worthy.

I have only used luck on a suit for mining saltpeter. I have never done anything but rub a Luck totem when doing other content in UO.
    I was under the impression that Luck was not on TC since you have mentioned adding it.

Our old EM used to do monthly events that included Treasure hunting so we could get the new pets.  He placed the items in bags on the ground.  I have seen the items in the top 2 current levels of T Chests many times. I do the Zippy maps for the quest item.  I have unraveled thousands of points from T Chests and Shipwreck Treasure Chests.

There are very few level 6 and 7 maps on nightly players on LS because we gave them to the EM for those events along with white nets.  

I play with players that wear luck suits that do not check bodies and when they go public I see they get the same loot that I get.  Most wear Luck hoping to get the Pack drop from bosses.  They do not even check the boss corpse because they know nothing good is ever there. Even with their high luck suit.

If you think this Loot is what you intended then there is nothing I can do about it.  Ill keep using crafted weapons and do content that gives better drops than what I have seen in these T chests.

I was hoping to participate in Forgotten Treasures.  So far this is not Treasure hunting upgrade IMO.

It seems many others that have done many Chests on TC do not feel the loot has been upgraded.

You ask us to be specific with what we want for loot.  I was, I gave you numbers of the level of loot that I feel should drop in the Chests you deem the best.  

I told you in the other thread and showed you pictures of what I can craft.  I'm not asking for the best of the best I'm just asking for a chance to get a better item than I can craft.

• JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    Kyronix said:
    a system that had not been updated in almost a decade.
    And it worked perfect for many different templates and play styles with no boring grind. "Let's ruin it". SMH
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    edited April 2019
    Kyronix said:

• @ Tanager - Re: availability of special items in the chests.  Nothing (beyond simiple stuff like regs and gold) was every guaranteed to show up in a chest, it was always RNG.  The same chances for the loot to show up in the previous system are used in the current system.  What did change is how we distribute loot.  In the old system the chest would begin filling against an item cap.  Every time you were succesful in your loot rolls, the item would be put in a chest and count against the cap.  Once the cap had been met, you weren't eligible for items anymore.  This meant that depending on how "lucky" you were and where an item was on the list, you may never even have a shot at it.  Now we do straight rolls with no cap, if you make the roll, you get the item.  Those chances match pretty closely to where things used to be.  That said, we will be evaluating those chances.

I get that RNG is a fact of life, but I do not like it. 99% of the time, RNG = grind. I feel ZERO joy in grind. That rare, tiny thrill of "YES, finally!!" simply does not offset the constant "Noooooooo, not again!" for me. I prefer to invest my time in doing something I know will give me a good return, and my targeted in-game activities center around avoiding or at least limiting RNG. So please understand that I have developed an acute awareness of what is and what is not RNG in UO, and please understand where I am coming from with my following observations:

Zippy maps are a guaranteed way to get a specific level of map, specifically in Tram (in my case on Siege, Fel), but the following screencap applies to all chests of this level and higher.

The contents of a Zippy Adept chest:

While the code might be RNG for generating items, I am convinced that it does so in a specific order. In EC, I can see that every single chest has these items at the top, and NEVER fails to have something in that category. Ever. The Zippy item is ALWAYS at the bottom, and therefore I believe the code tosses it in at the end for the quest regardless of the otherwise "fullness" of the chest. Level 6&7 Maps ALWAYS have the green bag containing an artifact at the bottom, and so I believe it ALWAYS tosses that in at the end also, regardless of whatever else is in the chest. These items therefor are not true RNG. These things are currently guaranteed, but are pure RNG with the new system. I choose these maps because, no matter what, my time invested has at least a certain amount of guaranteed reward.

This is the reward for 5 Zippy (adept) quest maps currently on live shards:

The new system has better gold and gems, plus the cute bag holding them, which are guaranteed loot. The rest, however, has been changed to RNG. I am sure that I am not the only one to notice this and find it to be a frustrating change that does NOT count as an upgrade in loot.

This new system adds a small chance at orbs at lower level maps, and that makes me happy. Being able to target specific profession packages is also nice, and I do really like the new items. But the added levels of RNG chest quality as well as the increased RNG of the ''special'' items make me sad. Your statement reads to me that it was perhaps always intended to be this way, but the fact is that it was not. If this is the way it will be, then so be it. Overall, I do like the revamp.

I don't know alll of the details about how the loot has been redistributed among levels and facets and profession packages. What I have seen first hand tho, and from reading on forums, is that it IS more RNG, and nobody likes RNG.
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Not sure how long I'll keep following this.  Not sure how it will all turn out, but I do think I see where we are headed.

No chance for good loot right now.  But it was said the loot bump was coming, and also said that we were gonna have to deal with RT in the future.  I have this gut wrenching feeling that this will boil down to old school gets the loot you see now, and if youo want the upgraded loot you will have to use RT.

So I will go ahead and risk doing my maps now, as I have absolutely 000.00 to the 3rd power intentions of training RT.

G'luck, my friends
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    @Uriah_Heep I have come to the same conclusion, I have a lot of maps at the moment and they probably have little chance of me doing them after June.  :/
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited April 2019
    Whessles said:
    Bards are generally their own beast. if consolidation of warrior and barbarian is going to happen anyway, it would suggest that the placeholder for the barbarian slot still exists. More generally in an object-oriented environment creating a new bard chest would not be that complex. All of those words to say that maybe bard specific chests make sense. 

Originally I was thinking of a Bard chest as well, but I think Kyronix is correct, there just isn't enough to put in it at this time. If we did just a Bard chest, what would go in it? Instruments obviously, but then what? Mana regen orbs maybe, some mana regen gear... there really is not much that is Bard specific.

We could add stuff, like Ice/Acid/Lightning horns to match the existing Fire Horns, but unless you put uses on the horns, you'd get them after a few chests and be done. And now we're into making new loot, which might be beyond the scope of the current publish. Better to merge Bards with something (say Rangers, both groups wander around the landscape right?) then to have a specific chest.

Trust me, I like the idea of a Bard chest. For me, clearly you, and maybe 5% of the player base that would be a fun interesting little addition. But for 95% of the player base those chests would be worthless trash and there would be endless bitter complaints.

Tanager said:
    This is the reward for 5 Zippy (adept) quest maps currently on live shards:

The new system has better gold and gems, plus the cute bag holding them, which are guaranteed loot. The rest, however, has been changed to RNG. I am sure that I am not the only one to notice this and find it to be a frustrating change that does NOT count as an upgrade in loot.

The new system has all that loot, except MiB's. It's just divided up differently. Instead of finding it all in one chest, you can now hunt for it in specific areas. Which reduces RNG, because you're only getting the thing you're hunting for. I can't tell you how many times I've opened a chest hoping for an essence and got a tasty treat. I will be happy to see tasty treats relegated to Rangers. (Ranger maps for sale! 1 DOLLAR!)

I understand you're saying all this used to be in one chest, every time, and now it is divided up and we have to go to different profession chests for it. Hopefully new things will be added and drop rates increased so that each of the new profession chests will be just as worthwhile as the older "all in one" chests. And hopefully the whole system will be easier to develop so we can see more additions to the professions over time. 

Anyway, as a result of all this some chests do currently seem empty, but that's hopefully where the new stuff they are planning (and a few drop rate increases) will fill things out a bit. Overall it looks like we'll end up with more than we currently have, we just have to wait for it to get fleshed out.

-
    The Essences are currently in Malas, which should be Ter Mur (I think!).
    MiB's are gone. (Unless someone has found some?)
    Creeping Vines...these I honestly don't know about.
    Tasty Treats are in Ranger Supply.
    Recipe are in Artisan Supply.
    Refinements in Artisan Stash. And a lot more of them.
    Tmaps in both Stash and Supply, all profs.
    Reagents in Mage Stash.
    Necro reagents in Mage Stash Malas.
    Gems in at least Stash, Supply, Cache. And in significant quantities.
    Zippy stuff...probably in Eodon.
    Gold in at least Stash, Supply, Cache.
    -

Don't get me wrong, I'm with you on the chests feeling empty at the moment. That is, I think, an affect of adjusting to a theme based loot system where not everything is in one grab bag chest. However, it will be fun to hunt for just specific things. And trading maps will be fun. Hopefully the next iteration of loot fills a lot of the open space.

Don't panic!

-Arroth
    edited April 2019
    I am not concerned about open space - I will always take simplicity and efficiency over ''clutter''. None of the Malas maps I did had any imbue materials. Which level of which professions do I need to be targeting? Cuz Every. Single. Adept. Map. currently contains imbue materials.
    Tanager said:
    I am not concerned about open space - I will always take simplicity and efficiency over ''clutter''. None of the Malas maps I did had any imbue materials. Which level of which professions do I need to be targeting? Cuz Every. Single. Adept. Map. currently contains imbue materials.
    I don't remember seeing any either, but based upon the notes I believe stash. 

Special Crafting Materials (Assassin, Warrior & Barbarian, Stash)
    • Essences, Mondain’s Legacy Ingredients available based on facet
    Ok, thanks, I will run a series of those and see if my opinion changes.
    edited April 2019
    • Ingots, Leather, Boards always seem to spawn in Artisan Stash and Supply chests, regardless of facet.  Quantity always seems to be 50 each in Stash chests and 100 each in Supply chests.  
    • Refinement components always seem to spawn in Artisan Stash chests, regardless of facet.
    • Assassin, Barbarian, and Warrior Stash chests that spawn in Malas always seem to have 3 ML ingredients in them.  
    • Assassin, Barbarian, and Warrior Stash chests that spawn in Ter Mur always seem to have 3 imbuing ingredients (only essences and abyssal cloth, so far).
    • Mage Stash chests that spawn in Eodon, Fel, Tokuno, and Trammel have reagent bags with 60 of each magery reagent.  
    • Mage Stash chests that spawn in Malas have reagent bags with 60 of each necro reagent.  
    • Mage Stash chests that spawn in Ter Mur have reagent bags with 60 of four mysticism reagents.
    • Ranger Stash chests in any facet and Assassin, Barbarian, and Warrior Stash chests that spawn in Eodon, Felucca, Tokuno, and Trammel have no ingredients in them of any kind.
    • Assassin, Barbarian, Mage, Ranger, and Warrior Supply chests contain no ingredients of any kind.

This discussion has been closed.