Pub 105 - Treasure Map Update Phase I *See new thread!*

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Kyronix said:
    You can get SoTs in all facets, the value of the skill points gained is based on chest quality and the facet where Felucca offers .6-1.0 and other facets offer .1-.5
    @JenniferMarie is this what you're looking for? Posted above.
  • AbbaroshAbbarosh Posts: 27
    ok just brought over some lvl 4 and 5 maps (new system) ingeniously and diabolically in fel , every time i try and dig them up i get the message ,' you are already digging' i have tried ishlnaer fel and trammel facets and only manage to dig one up, i understand its test centre but not impressed with it all atm , hope you get it sorted in next phase 
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    lol

all of this and we just wanted a bump to loot...

will be interesting to see the finished product tho

You keep posting comments like this but don't provide any substance behind it despite the fact that I've given you the opportunity on a couple occasions in the previous discussion thread.
    "Just wanting a bump to loot" doesn't give very much to work on.

The main points that were pointed out during the discussion...
    • "There is too much useless junk in T-maps."  This is entirely subjective.  Some people like getting reagents, some don't.  Some don't care about the gear in the chest and just use it as a means for imbuing mats, others don't.  The bottom line is there was no way to cater to all these desires in the context of the old system - so a change had to be made.  With the current scheme you can target exactly the items you are looking for and avoid what you may consider "junk" while targeting what you don't.
    • "We want quality over quantity."  The ability to target the specific types of weapons, along with a reduction in the quantity and a bump to the overall intensity of loot will help address this.  If the expectation is that you will be able to pop a Trove level chest and its filled with clean Legendaries...well that's outside the realm of reality.  However, we can at least work to get a more enjoyable loot experience for gear in T-maps.  This is going to take iteration time and balancing, which is why this entire system is on TC1 right now.  
    • I want a reason to go after something other than a level [x] chest.  Previously there were too many levels of chests with not enough granularity between them to make them worthwhile across the board.  Now, loot is distributed specifically to certain levels, packages, and facets making each chest worth going after should you choose.
    • "I want to be able to solo the chests I had with the template I'm using".  The mobs were redistributed to fall mostly in line with where they were.  Again, this is going to take some testing time to get right.  If the expectation is that you can roll a Treasure Map with an existing template that has none of the treasure hunting skills, well sorry to say you will maybe have to change up your strategy a bit if you want the best overall results. 
    To answer some other questions/concerns in the 

@Margrette ; - Re: Pub notes on Mining/Carto - this was an oversite related to the Publish notes and they have been updated to reflect the swap from Mining to Cartography for search radius.

@Violet - Re: T-Rex attacking - thanks for the report, this will be resolved in a future update.

@Drakelord - Re: Crash - that issue has been resolved, give character copy another shot

@Everyone - if Remove Trap ends up being a requirement in any meaningful way in the Treasure Map process the following will be true....
    • Detecting Hidden will not be required to use or train Remove Trap
    • The training scheme will be completely re-evaluated to make it less tedious to gain
    • Remove Trap will be completely redesigned in its execution to make it more interactive.  The level to which this gets implemented depends on our current development bandwith.

It is also worth noting that we are often asked to update this system or that system, but the expectation is that everything else remains the same with regard to player characters.  This is just not possible.  The reality is that sometimes we have to evolve our characters to compete in the game world.  I for one welcome the opportunity to set aspirational gameplay objectives to achieve new rewards and participate in new content.  It brings new life to an otherwise stale character development cycle.

The most encouraging thing so far is that everyone is so passionate about Treasure Hunting and we are thrilled at the response so far.  I hope everyone continues to give thoughtful and reasoned feedback so we can deliver on the best for Treasure Hunting.  See you on TC!
  • -- Thank you, @Mariah ... :) ... I missed that and was asked by someone on GL if I knew the answer. Didn't mean to be redundant.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    lol

all of this and we just wanted a bump to loot...

will be interesting to see the finished product tho

I DO LIKE and find it a GREAT idea the splitting of the Treasure Maps in separate professions with different loot.

It is cool and it permits a Treasure Hunter to do SELECTIVE Treasure Hunting depending on what they need without having to go through lots and lots of Maps to get something particular.

It is an IMMENSIVELY great idea and I support it 100%.

I am ALSO all in favour of the need for Remove Trap and, actually, I would have liked to ALSO see Detect Hidden be needed AT LEAST, to discover some "secret" compartment inside of the Chest to get some "extra" SPECIAL and highly unique loot justifying that investment in extra skill points.

That said, I am TOTALLY against seeing Powerscrolls being exclusive (yet again) of Felucca Treasure Maps.

This is a GRAND mistake, to my opinion, and I tried to explain my reasons in this Post https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/24435/#Comment_24435 within this same one Thread.
    -- @ Kyronix ... there was no mention in the patch notes of the Scrolls of Transcendence currently found in Fel treasure chests. On top of the addition of a chance for a Powerscroll in Fel, will we still be getting a chance for at least a 0.5 SoT in Fel?

I know that, currently, a lot of treasure hunters do Fel maps solely for that SoT chance and lot will be upset to lose that.
    @JenniferMarie

If I understood it correctly, Scrolls of Transcendence will be present in ALL Treasure Maps regardless of the facet (which is great).

Only difference will be that in Felucca their chance will be for 0.6 up to 1.0 in that skill they come with while for other facets they will be 0.1 up to 0.5 .

Now, if only @Kyronix and the other Developers came to the resolution to have ALSO Powerscrolls be able to spawn in Chests for ALL facets that would be an incredibly great thing for UO and this would work to "pacify" the outrageous prices that Powerscrolls have reached, also given the increased demand due to Pets' training....

And, mind you, they would ALSO only be up to +15 Powerscrolls so, not at all any big of a deal if the Developers will get them to ALSO spawn in Treasure Chests in all other facets besides Felucca...
  • AbbaroshAbbarosh Posts: 27
    any reason so many of us testing get teh message you are already digging? I cannot test this for you if i cannot dig up a chest lol
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    edited April 2019

First off I know I can reset skills at will on TC1, but that NOT the way to test this, you need to stay away from resetting skills and use the temp plate you have on your home shard, or as close as possible.  2nd I have a problem with a EASY map would not decode I finally toss it for another of same level.  3rd  Then after getting the coors off a DL I ran out to the location, and with NO mining on the char it was like pick a direction step off dig, step off dig etc.. I went three direction from the where the coors  to where I hit the chest. 4th digging up the chest killing the guardians same on same on, Locking picking was ok TK the chest and Black dust was all I saw.  Now I am not about to go put detect or remove trap on a Tamer/mage, dang it keep this crap away from Maps we do not need it, leave it alone, you screw this up back with Pub 22, now leave it be
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Okay, fair enough.  Limit the number of junk armors, lesser magic, etc.  And let each 5-6-7 have at least one decent artifact in it, Legendary preferred, naturally.  Too many times we do a 6 and the only things really that were in it we kept was the regs and essences.  Rest of it went in trash for points.

And when you do find something to use and treasure, be sure it doesn't spawn 50 stone, or requiring 125 str to equip.

^^This is a bump to loot^^

One question I havent seen asked that I might have missed--will luck still be a factor in contents?  Or can we start moving away from that now
  • popps said:
    Now, if only @ Kyronix and the other Developers came to the resolution to have ALSO Powerscrolls be able to spawn in Chests for ALL facets that would be an incredibly great thing for UO and this would work to "pacify" the outrageous prices that Powerscrolls have reached, also given the increased demand due to Pets' training....
    -- I disagree.

I like that Fel is the only place you can obtain Powerscrolls.

Putting Powerscrolls inside treasure chests combined with the ability to bind scrolls up and make higher ones? You will already have a decrease in Powerscroll prices within 2 weeks of the publish going live.

There HAS to be a reward in Fel for the danger people willingly take on to go there.

I don't PvP - I gave it the good ol' college try last year and just didn't like it, like I always knew I wouldn't - and I loathe getting raided at spawns by PKs ... but even I have to admit that the PvPers are a big reason this game is able to keep going for all of us.

If you give people the ability to get Powerscrolls outside of Fel? Then PvPers will lose a large part of their fun, and it will be a short time (alarmingly short) before there is another mass exodus of players from UO.

I understand that for straight Trammies, this isn't a fun concept and will probably be the reason for an uptick in raids and PKing for a time - but trust me, knowing some of the PvPers I know? It will lose a lot of momentum very quickly. PKs will get very bored running around Fel, hoping to find random TMappers.

I currently run my Fel maps as a bundle: wait for 10 maps, go find the spots and mark runes, grab a friend who likes taming Cold Drakes, and go dig them all up in one fowl swoop. I have never been raided by a PvPer while doing Fel TMaps - I have never even seen anyone else while doing Fel maps on my shard.

And I get raided fairly often while spawning in T2A.

So give this one reward for Fel. It's better for the game.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    https://uo.stratics.com/thb/info/maparchive/Archive1.shtml  How many remember the days we could use this and dig a chest up, I still use my tram/fel set for those maps today to get close to these random maps we have now
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    @Kyronix, will maps for the "Artisan" Profession Package include anything from the "Randomly Generated Equipment" category?  If yes, what might those items include?
    @Kyronix, also with regard to the "Randomly Generated Equipment" category of loot, is there a list anywhere that would help someone figure out when the item was released into the game and therefore which facet they should find it in?  Would there be anything to find in the Trammel facet for this loot category, or will you only get this type of loot in Felucca, Malas, Ilshenar, Tokuno, Ter Mur, and Eodon?
  • DizzyDizzy Posts: 78
    @Kyronix Cartography skill and #of party members affect loot now?  Will luck still come in to play?

I'm wondering it it's better to havesome sort of Cartography talisman (I didnt know those existed) or a luck talisman. 
  • WhesslesWhessles Posts: 49
    @Kyronix Could you set up a monolith of some sort in the Commons to correct the still digging bug? I cannot copy for another 10 hours, as is the case with many of the bugged testers. 
  • Bugs aside you nailed this one.  All the intentions are great and not lost on me.  Breathing life into unused skills, adding spice and clarity to an old profession, giving safer yet still risky ways to get powerscrolls, encouraging content for dedicated PvP players.  You answered so many complaint threads with this little publish.  My favourite in a very long time. *Claps*.  One question though didn't see it in notes and too many tldr threads, how is luck playing with new chests any changes?
    @Kyronix, what kind of equipment is specific to barbarians, as opposed to warriors?  Is it safe to assume that assassins only use weapons that can be poisoned?
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    edited April 2019
    I wanted to test out the current maps I have in my davies lockers...
    I copied them over to TC 
    my lvl 6 maps should have been converted to Horde but were Trove...

then there came a message about the shard going down...
    when I got back in... these same maps are now Cache...
    and now some that were Supply are now Trove
    and the maps (old lvl 4s) are now Supply

or I get this...

popps said:
    Now, if only @ Kyronix and the other Developers came to the resolution to have ALSO Powerscrolls be able to spawn in Chests for ALL facets that would be an incredibly great thing for UO and this would work to "pacify" the outrageous prices that Powerscrolls have reached, also given the increased demand due to Pets' training....
    -- I disagree.

I like that Fel is the only place you can obtain Powerscrolls.

Putting Powerscrolls inside treasure chests combined with the ability to bind scrolls up and make higher ones? You will already have a decrease in Powerscroll prices within 2 weeks of the publish going live.

There HAS to be a reward in Fel for the danger people willingly take on to go there.

I don't PvP - I gave it the good ol' college try last year and just didn't like it, like I always knew I wouldn't - and I loathe getting raided at spawns by PKs ... but even I have to admit that the PvPers are a big reason this game is able to keep going for all of us.

If you give people the ability to get Powerscrolls outside of Fel? Then PvPers will lose a large part of their fun, and it will be a short time (alarmingly short) before there is another mass exodus of players from UO.

I understand that for straight Trammies, this isn't a fun concept and will probably be the reason for an uptick in raids and PKing for a time - but trust me, knowing some of the PvPers I know? It will lose a lot of momentum very quickly. PKs will get very bored running around Fel, hoping to find random TMappers.

I currently run my Fel maps as a bundle: wait for 10 maps, go find the spots and mark runes, grab a friend who likes taming Cold Drakes, and go dig them all up in one fowl swoop. I have never been raided by a PvPer while doing Fel TMaps - I have never even seen anyone else while doing Fel maps on my shard.

And I get raided fairly often while spawning in T2A.

So give this one reward for Fel. It's better for the game.
    "Putting Powerscrolls inside treasure chests combined with the ability to bind scrolls up and make higher ones? You will already have a decrease in Powerscroll prices within 2 weeks of the publish going live."

Powerscrolls in Treasure Maps will ONLY spawn up to +15.

This means, that 10 Powerscrolls of +15 will need to be found for the SAME skill in order to bind them into a 120 in that given skill.

It would take forever to get that Legendary Powerscroll in THAT skill wanted......

Sure, prices would drop a bit but HOW IS THAT a bad thing when my argument in the post here https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/24435/#Comment_24435 is that the CURRENT exclusivity of Powerscrolls to the Felucca facet HURTS Ultima Online as a whole because it FORCES new and returning players into a mindless grind to then be able to afford the current outrageous prices of Powerscrolls ??

It would be a BLESSING for Ultima Online if Powerscrolls' prices dropped !!!

And putting them, at least up to +15 in Treasure Chests ALSO of other facets besides Felucca, would be a great start in that direction....

"There HAS to be a reward in Fel for the danger people willingly take on to go there."

WHY ?

Have Powerscrolls being an exclusive of Felucca helped in ANY WAY to repopulate that facet ?

Not at all that I can see it. It is STILL deserted of players....

Players ONLY show up to Raid, pretty much, and that's it.

Felucca is NOT players pretty much, to my viewing....

What it only achieved, at least to my opinion, the giving of Powerscrolls only to Felucca, is permitting the MONOPOLY of them into the hands of very very few players who because uber rich, where able to afford any and all items regardless how expensive it was, and thus this made their Monopoly and firm control of the Powerscrolls even stronger....

Other players, the vast majority of them, had only the alternative to stick them into mindless and absurd grinds elsewhere in order to be able to then afford those absurd prices that the Monopoly of Powerscrolls pushed them to reach...

OF COURSE that it would be a blessing for Ultima Online if Powerscrolls' prices where to drop !!

It would mean less inflation, less grinding by players and, thus, less players quitting UO for being burnt out by too much grinding....

At least, that is the way I see it.
    edited April 2019
    @Kyronix, similar to last question, which skills are specific to barbians for purposes of receiving Scrolls of Alacrity  or Transcendence, or Power Scrolls?
    @Kyronix, why won't the Ranger packages get any of the Special Crafting Materials?  Doesn't make sense they don't get them but Assassins, Barbarians, and Warriors do.
    Dizzy said:
    @ Kyronix Cartography skill and #of party members affect loot now?  Will luck still come in to play?

I'm wondering it it's better to havesome sort of Cartography talisman (I didnt know those existed) or a luck talisman. 
    Where did you read that the number of characters in a Party will affect Quality of the Loot ?

I did not read it in the Notes anything about Loot being linked to number of Characters https://uo.com/wiki/publish-105-forgotten-treasures/

I read :

"Treasure Chest Loot

There are 4 factors that influence what items end up in a chest if succesful random rolls are made, Map Level, Profession Package, Chest Quality, and Facet."

There is no mention whatsoever about the number of characters in a Party affecting Loot Quality.
    Not EVEN Luck will affect Loot Quality.

Only and strictly :

Map Level
    - Profession Package
    - Chest Quality
    - Facet

Map Level, Profession Package and Facet are quite self-explicative, Chest Quality is explained as follows : "Chest Quality is determined at dig time based on the digger’s modified cartography skill"

That's all, folks.
      Luck has no weight in Loot quality and also the number of characters in a Party has no weight in Loot quality likewise. ONLY those 4 factors above have weight in Loot quality.

That is how I understand it.
    • JocastaJocasta Posts: 1
      I would love to test this but after digging up a gold chest and opening it I can no longer do another map because when I do I get the message you are already digging. I tried many other area's and maps. Help fix this
    • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
      edited April 2019
      @Kyronix

What a wonderful post! Very well explained. Personally, I think the dev team molded a lot of vague generalizations into something really very nice that will suit the very diverse needs of UO. Don't let folks get ya down, team, this is a good revamp. People will simply have to adapt and readjust a few things - and that is just life. The perfect template/weapon/pet one year may not be so the next year.
      @Kyronix, I took a crack at trying to organize the information about what will be in the treasure chests, based on the map level and package type.  Does this look right?   https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17SHMAEYnwRJ1o6e_16ov9JKue0DnHi1FzHnxOt-bI8g/edit?usp=sharing
      edited April 2019
      Bugs aside you nailed this one.  All the intentions are great and not lost on me.  Breathing life into unused skills, adding spice and clarity to an old profession, giving safer yet still risky ways to get powerscrolls, encouraging content for dedicated PvP players.  You answered so many complaint threads with this little publish.  My favourite in a very long time. *Claps*.  One question though didn't see it in notes and too many tldr threads, how is luck playing with new chests any changes?
      @WornOutYourTool ;

"....giving safer yet still risky ways to get powerscrolls...."

Not in the least !!!

Think otherwise.....

What PvPers will do is simply have a number of FREE Endless Journey EJ characters disseminated all over the Treasure Map areas in Felucca acting as "Ghost Cams" like they do for Champ Spawns..... at the first signs of activity there wait for the poor PvM fellow to do all of the hard work with the Spawn Guardians and THEN conveniently recall off their Rune to that location, easily kill the Treasure Hunter and get all the Loot from the Chest.

Champ Spawns Raids RINSE AND REPEAT.

It is WRONG, WRONG and again WRONG not to add Powerscrolls al ALL Facets besides the Felucca one, to my opinion.

VERY wrong, IMHO.
    • WhesslesWhessles Posts: 49
      edited April 2019
      popps said:
      Dizzy said:
      @ Kyronix Cartography skill and #of party members affect loot now?  Will luck still come in to play?

Where did you read that the number of characters in a Party will affect Quality of the Loot ?

I did not read it in the Notes anything about Loot being linked to number of Characters https://uo.com/wiki/publish-105-forgotten-treasures/

I read :

"Treasure Chest Loot

There are 4 factors that influence what items end up in a chest if succesful random rolls are made, Map Level, Profession Package, Chest Quality, and Facet."

There is no mention whatsoever about the number of characters in a Party affecting Loot Quality.

Only and strictly :

Map Level
      - Profession Package
      - Chest Quality
      - Facet

Map Level, Profession Package and Facet are quite self-explicative, Chest Quality is explained as follows : "Chest Quality is determined at dig time based on the digger’s modified cartography skill"

That's all, folks.
        Luck has no weight in Loot quality and also the number of characters in a Party has no weight in Loot quality likewise. ONLY those 4 factors above have weight in Loot quality.

I assume this is where that is from. It mentions quantity, not quality. I had to re-read myself.
        • The quantity of items available is based on the level of chest, there is a chance for additional items based on party size.
      • FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
        edited April 2019
        popps said:

"Putting Powerscrolls inside treasure chests combined with the ability to bind scrolls up and make higher ones? You will already have a decrease in Powerscroll prices within 2 weeks of the publish going live."

Powerscrolls in Treasure Maps will ONLY spawn up to +15.

This means, that 10 Powerscrolls of +15 will need to be found for the SAME skill in order to bind them into a 120 in that given skill.

It would take forever to get that Legendary Powerscroll in THAT skill wanted......

Sure, prices would drop a bit but HOW IS THAT a bad thing when my argument in the post here https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/24435/#Comment_24435 is that the CURRENT exclusivity of Powerscrolls to the Felucca facet HURTS Ultima Online as a whole because it FORCES new and returning players into a mindless grind to then be able to afford the current outrageous prices of Powerscrolls ??

It would be a BLESSING for Ultima Online if Powerscrolls' prices dropped !!!

And putting them, at least up to +15 in Treasure Chests ALSO of other facets besides Felucca, would be a great start in that direction....

"There HAS to be a reward in Fel for the danger people willingly take on to go there."

WHY ?

Have Powerscrolls being an exclusive of Felucca helped in ANY WAY to repopulate that facet ?

Not at all that I can see it. It is STILL deserted of players....

Players ONLY show up to Raid, pretty much, and that's it.

Felucca is NOT players pretty much, to my viewing....

What it only achieved, at least to my opinion, the giving of Powerscrolls only to Felucca, is permitting the MONOPOLY of them into the hands of very very few players who because uber rich, where able to afford any and all items regardless how expensive it was, and thus this made their Monopoly and firm control of the Powerscrolls even stronger....

Other players, the vast majority of them, had only the alternative to stick them into mindless and absurd grinds elsewhere in order to be able to then afford those absurd prices that the Monopoly of Powerscrolls pushed them to reach...

OF COURSE that it would be a blessing for Ultima Online if Powerscrolls' prices where to drop !!

It would mean less inflation, less grinding by players and, thus, less players quitting UO for being burnt out by too much grinding....

At least, that is the way I see it.
        Popps... you're beating a dead horse. They're never going to put powerscrolls in any facet but Felucca. 

And I think you're underestimating the number of people that do dig up maps in Felucca. Myself included.

In regards to your point of it taking forever to get a certain skill... I don't generally have too much of an issue with the alacrities in getting multiples of a variety of skills. And with powerscrolls, that'll remove all the skills that don't have a 120 cap, such as camping, taste/item id, tracking, lockpicking, cartography, alchemy, tinkering, lumberjacking, mining... the list goes on. Point being, the pool of skills is a LOT smaller than you make it sound. Binding scrolls up to 120 won't take nearly as long as you're trying to claim they will.
        Whessles said:
        popps said:
        Dizzy said:

I read :

"Treasure Chest Loot

Only and strictly :

Map Level
        - Profession Package
        - Chest Quality
        - Facet

That's all, folks.

I assume this is where that is from. It mentions quantity, not quality. I had to re-read myself.
          • The quantity of items available is based on the level of chest, there is a chance for additional items based on party size.

That refers to "ADDITIONAL" items, not to their quality....

Which it makes sense since more characters in a Party would need to share the Loot and, thus, need a higher number of that SAME quality items from the chest....

But, to my understanding, characters' party size will NOT affect the "Quality" of the items inside and, possibly (there is a "chance", it is not guaranteed), their "number"....

Luck will also NOT play a part in a Chest's Quality and this makes sense too, especially if Remove Trap will need to be picked up in a Template....

To stress players to have to rework Templates to accomodate Remove Trap AND also luck in their suits would be, frankly, too much to ask, to my opinion.....
        • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
          edited April 2019
          After server came back up I did a couple of chests. One Cache and one Trove. Both in Malas. I believe they both came off the dispensers near Luna moongate but I can't swear to it. At any rate, when I went to unlock them they both said, "that does not appear to be locked". When I went to remove traps I got the message "That doesn't appear to be trapped".

Edit: Correction...one in Malas one in Umbra
          2nd Edit: Four chests now, not locked or trapped
        This discussion has been closed.