Pub 105 - Treasure Map Update Phase I *See new thread!*

KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
edited April 2019 in Test Center
For discussing the T-Map update Phase I

Comments

• So for the chest quality being better with modded cartogrtaphy skill on the digging site, what affects the cartography skill being higher than gm, besides a talisman?
  • FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    I would love to test... if TC would stop dropping and wiping my character. *sighs*
  • So you are removing alacrities from lvl 1 maps? (those will all go in the trash now) Half of the stuff I am reading about these changes is honestly deterring me from participating. Converting my old maps (leave them alone), adding unnecessary resources (leave them out), adding powerscrolls only up to 115 (why add only up to 115?), specific facet/treasure type (will cause me to ditch more maps than I dig). Why can't you just update the loot and leave the levels alone? It seems you are trying to force people into areas they don't want to go in the first place.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    edited April 2019
    So you are removing alacrities from lvl 1 maps? (those will all go in the trash now) Half of the stuff I am reading about these changes is honestly deterring me from participating. Converting my old maps (leave them alone), adding unnecessary resources (leave them out), adding powerscrolls only up to 115 (why add only up to 115?), specific facet/treasure type (will cause me to ditch more maps than I dig). Why can't you just update the loot and leave the levels alone? It seems you are trying to force people into areas they don't want to go in the first place.
    You should check out the lengthy thread on the topic, several of your questions can be answered there.

https://forum.uo.com/discussion/3410/high-seas-update-treasure-chests-mib-treasures#latest

if you still have questions after that, will be happy to answer them.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Sounds Rocking to me!  I would have to stop killing beacons to test.  

Great Job!  @Kyronix   Sounds like a lot of fun! 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • @Kyronix  I am halfway through that thread and all there are, are suggestions. I am responding to the official notes you released here https://uo.com/wiki/publish-105-forgotten-treasures/ Am I not reading it correctly that they are dropping alacrities from lvl 1 maps?
  • One of my favorite past times.. and now... now there's Power scrolls, but I have to go get PK'd some more to get them.. I know the pvp players would argue, but UO needs a shard like Seige but pure trammy.. I'd test this update, but I have no desire to be PK'd every time I try to dig up a chest. Congrats on once again making me regret coming back. 
  • Haddy_GHaddy_G Posts: 14
    @Kyronix I didn't see anything in the notes about Youthful Treasure Maps.  Will they be left as deco item?  I'm not sure they can be obtained anymore.

• DramoraDramora Posts: 14
    I'm excited about the changes. I was hoping Power scrolls might be loot in ALL facets, but since they are a Fel "reward" I guess it makes sense they are only in Fel maps. Since I don't do Fel maps, I guess I am no worse off now than I was before the map changes.

There was nothing mentioned about Remove Trap. Are you still thinking about adding that, or is it now a dead issue?
    Answered my own question.  Youthful Treasure Map becomes Unreadable Treasure Map on test. @Kyronix ; Would it be possible to keep the old name?
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    So now I will have to relearn all the new names for the maps, good thing it is only five name.

1 Plainly Drawn 1 Stash
    2 Expertly Drawn 2 Supply
    3 Adeptly Drawn 2 Supply
    4 Cleverly Drawn 3 Cache
    5 Deviously Drawn 3 Cache
    6 Ingeniously Drawn 4 Horde
    7 Diabolically Drawn 5 Trove
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    So for the chest quality being better with modded cartogrtaphy skill on the digging site, what affects the cartography skill being higher than gm, besides a talisman?
    What do you mean by Cartography skill "being bigger then GM" ??

There is no Scroll of Power that enables a Cartgrapher to go "beyond" 100.0 in skill that I know of...

Also, I have never heard of a Talisman with Cartography +Skill on it....

Is this a "new" item introduced with this Patch ??
    Dramora said:
    I'm excited about the changes. I was hoping Power scrolls might be loot in ALL facets, but since they are a Fel "reward" I guess it makes sense they are only in Fel maps. Since I don't do Fel maps, I guess I am no worse off now than I was before the map changes.

There was nothing mentioned about Remove Trap. Are you still thinking about adding that, or is it now a dead issue?
    Any particular reason on why you prefer not to do Felucca Treasure Maps ?
    Haddy_G said:
    Answered my own question.  Youthful Treasure Map becomes Unreadable Treasure Map on test. @ Kyronix  Would it be possible to keep the old name?
    Yes - that'll be resolved in a future update.  They will basically have to become deco.
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    Looking good! I would also like to know about Remove Trap ideas. Is this still a go?
    So, I didn't see it mentioned in the patch notes, but I just attempted telekinesis on a chest to see what would happen... and it turned everything except the gem bag and its contents to dust. Woo. Remove trap it is.
    Kyronix said:
    Haddy_G said:
    Answered my own question.  Youthful Treasure Map becomes Unreadable Treasure Map on test. @ Kyronix  Would it be possible to keep the old name?
    Yes - that'll be resolved in a future update.  They will basically have to become deco.

Great! Thanks :)  Looking forward to testing the pub. :)
    NO! REMOVE TRAP!!!  YOU ARE KILLING ME, WHERE IS A TAMER/MAGE T HUNTER TO PUT 100 SKILL POINTS FOR REMOVE TRAP?
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598

You tell me where I am going to put that on my t hunter now, unless you going to make it 820 total skills I do not see a way I can be a t hunter
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    Currently, short of the fact I currently need 50 detect to make it work as nothing has been done to RT yet... I can do 110 Taming and Lore, and 100 Cartography, Lockpicking, Remove Trap, and Vet.

@Kyronix I've also noticed that despite having 100 lockpicking and a skeleton key, I failed to pick the lock of a Supply chest several times, costing me all the loot inside short of the gem bag. (which looks adorable, by the way)
    edited April 2019
    @Kyronix

I am among those who think that Powerscrolls should spawn in Treasure Chests REGARDLESS from their facet and not be made only a Felucca exclusive spawn.

This, ESPECIALLY since, I seem to understand, you will make only up to +15 Powerscrolls spawnin Treasure Chests...

Limiting them to Felucca Treasure Maps will only maintain the shortage of them and, thus, the ridicolously high prices which deter new and returning players from being able to have access to them.

Besides, considering how DESERTED Felucca is, ANYWAYS, it is not like insisting of keeping Powerscrolls an exclusive spawn of Felucca helps PvP in any significant capacity, to my understanding....

It only maintains, to my opinion, a MONOPOLY of them in the hands of a few players which only serves to trigger and help the outrageous inflation that has been plaguing UO forever....

Monopolies ARE bad... because they create inflation and so much they are bad that in real life Anti-Trust agencies exist to BREAK UP such monopolies so as to make sure that such sky rocketing of prices cannot take place...

I do not understand why, instead, in Ultima Online it should be any beneficial to the game the helping of such monopolies to exist and prosper....

Permitting Powerscrolls to spawn in Treasure Maps for ALL facets (not exclusive for Felucca), also because only up to +15 would be possible, I understand, would work out as a way to calm down pricing of them reducing the current Monopoly in the hands of a few players and at the expense of all other players....

A Monopoly particularly suffered (because of the resulting high prices for powerscrolls), as I said, by new and returning players...

It was a MISTAKE, to my opinion, to make Powerscrolls exclusive of Felucca. I said it back then and am still saying it today.

It has NOT promoted PvP, as we well know (Felucca facet has suffered from a scarcity of players forever regardless of its exclusivity for Powerscrolls), but has only permitted to a very limited number of players to become uber wealthy in Ultima Online (those holding and controlling their Monopoly) and triggered an inflation which has deterred many from wanting to play Ultima Online having to "keep up" with absurd grinding in order to be able to afford the outrageous prices which Powerscrolls reached, because of that Monopoly....

So, is my question, if insisting with Powerscrolls to ONLY spawn in Felucca, also now with Treasure Chests, ONLY fosters the Monopoly and keeps prices still outrageously high and thus helps nothing in reducing the rampant inflation, what good would it do to Ultima Online as a whole?

it will not help PvP since what will happen will simply be the same that happens with Champ Spawns, PvM players getting raided AFTER they have done all the work to go through the spawn and players will STILL therefore do NOT do it and Felucca will STILL be deserted....

And Powerscrolls prices STILL will be outrageously high, thus not reducing the rampant inflation in UO.

Wouldn't it be better, instead, if you permitted Powerscrolls to spawn in Treasure Chests in ALL facets so as to work as a way to reduce that Powerscrolls' Monopoly and thus reduce their prices and inflation in UO (and, consequentially, the absurd amount of grinding that PvM players need to go through in order to be able to afford them....) ?

I will throw it here as an idea....

HOW ABOUT, also to put Remove Trap to a good use, you permit Powerscrolls to ALSO spawn in the other Facets besides Felucca BUT their spawn would be only permitted if the Cartographer opening up the Chest had the necessary Remove Trap Skill ?

That is, a compromise..... invest Skill Points in Remove Trap to get in exchange the ability to get Powerscrolls in ALL facets besides Felucca...

In Felucca, instead, Powerscrolls could be gotten from Treasure Chests without the need to use the Remove Trap skill...

Just an idea tossed there.....

That is at least how I see it.
    @popps I so agree with having Power Scrolls in all facet t chests
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    Faeryl said:
    Currently, short of the fact I currently need 50 detect to make it work as nothing has been done to RT yet... I can do 110 Taming and Lore, and 100 Cartography, Lockpicking, Remove Trap, and Vet.

@ Kyronix I've also noticed that despite having 100 lockpicking and a skeleton key, I failed to pick the lock of a Supply chest several times, costing me all the loot inside short of the gem bag. (which looks adorable, by the way)
    110 taming
    110 lore
    100 cart
    100 LPing
    100 vet
    100 RTrap
    100 magery

Is that temp plate you running with?  Evening with mana regen over you your regen is still going to suck without Med,  I am a firm believe that remove trap is NOT needed nor necessary for T chest.  If they wish to have a need for the skill then by GOD make it for the thief.  When stealing ANYTHING the Thief has to use remove trap first before he/she can steal it.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    Faeryl said:

@ Kyronix I've also noticed that despite having 100 lockpicking and a skeleton key, I failed to pick the lock of a Supply chest several times, costing me all the loot inside short of the gem bag. (which looks adorable, by the way)
    This must be a bug.....

If 100 Lockpicking AND a skeleton key does not work on a level 2 (new level) Supply Chest, then how will it be like for a level 5 (new) "Trove" Chest ?

One will get hardly any loot unless the RNG feels particularly blessing for the opening of that Chest?

It must be a bug.... I hope......
    @ Kyronix  I am halfway through that thread and all there are, are suggestions. I am responding to the official notes you released here https://uo.com/wiki/publish-105-forgotten-treasures/ Am I not reading it correctly that they are dropping alacrities from lvl 1 maps?
    Scrolls of Alacrity are available in Level 2 (Supply) maps.
  • DramoraDramora Posts: 14
    popps said:
    I understand there are very few people in Fel, and the possibility of even seeing anyone while I do a map is slim. However, I don't  like PvP, so for me the possibility of a power scroll in the chest is not worth the possibility of being raided.

I would rather give any fel maps to someone who enjoys them.
    Dramora said:
    popps said:
    I understand there are very few people in Fel, and the possibility of even seeing anyone while I do a map is slim. However, I don't  like PvP, so for me the possibility of a power scroll in the chest is not worth the possibility of being raided.

@Dramora I agree with you I hate doing fel maps just for that reason I don't pvp
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    Dramora said:

Me! I do!

Drakelord said:
    Faeryl said:

110 taming
    110 lore
    100 cart
    100 LPing
    100 vet
    100 RTrap
    100 magery

Is that temp plate you running with?  Evening with mana regen over you your regen is still going to suck without Med,  I am a firm believe that remove trap is NOT needed nor necessary for T chest.  If they wish to have a need for the skill then by GOD make it for the thief.  When stealing ANYTHING the Thief has to use remove trap first before he/she can steal it.
    That is the template I'm running with, and I've had little issue doing up to level 6 chests in the past with no med. I just lure one or two guardians off a bit at a time, and let my pet do most of the work while alternating greater heal/vetting to spare my mana
    @Kyronix

In Regards to this line

Special Crafting Materials (Assassin, Warrior & Barbarian, Stash)
    • Essences, Mondain’s Legacy Ingredients available based on facet
    Particularly in regards to Mondain's Legacy ingredients, are we going to get as spawning ingredients needed for crafting ALSO the "specific" ones, besides the "generic" ones ?

Namely, I am talking about :

Captured Essence
    Diseased Bark
    Dread Horn Mane
    Eye of the Traversty
    Grizzled Bones
    Lard of Paroxymus
    Some observations.  Took a while to decode some of the maps, Decoded a Mage Horde Fel map.  The chest was about 10 spaces from the pin on the map to the east.  Started digging just fine.  The chest had no guardian spawn and appeared to be somewhat stuck.  It unlocked on the 5 or 6th try.  Not much loot to speak of and it had a deed that just said deed.  Deed does nothing.  The map does not say completed and still says your are already digging even though I looted the chest and got removed it.  Assuming something went wrong. :)
This discussion has been closed.