can we make all pets go to 5 slots?

@Kyronix please?

I really want a fire breathing bunny.  be great fun. A snake dropping dragons, a released mongbat dropping noobs.

Comments

• Or just a pass of the slot layout of all the tameables... I'm looking at you imps.  There's alot of craziness.  Hiryus vs lessers, bake increase, some seemingly favouritism of abilities.  Things should either be balanced out or just open up everything to all tames imo.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779

Yes to a fire breathing spell casting bunny. 

• NorryNorry Posts: 515
    I mean... look at the bones!
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,798
    edited April 2019
    I want my killer rabbit of caerbannog, sparrow of doom, and quite possibly a demon cat from hell. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    The short answer is no, sorry.  Thanks for the question though!
  • >:) Kyronix said:
    The short answer is no, sorry.  Thanks for the question though!
    Can we get a 5 slot that is the same size as a rabbit? >:)  
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Is it the amount of work that has to be done to expand the list? Just wondering.

Many tamers will use a wider varity of pets. If its an issue with targeting a 1500hp bird then.... ctrl+shift?
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
    Does no one remember what happened with the Phoenix? 
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

• Khyro said:
    Over capped insane dexterity?  Yeah, but that has nothing to do with control slots.
    Khyro said:
    Over capped insane dexterity?  Yeah, but that has nothing to do with control slots.
    No, the tiny model that had PvPers complaining about being unable to target it, so the model was changed to a larger one. Yet this thread has people asking for 5 slot creatures just as small as the original phoenix, and even smaller, then wondering why they are told no.
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

Cntrl+shift?

If i have to do it for pvm... they can do it when they raid me lol.

Or they can use EC and have the health bar targets auto fill.
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    Norry said:
    Cntrl+shift?

If i have to do it for pvm... they can do it when they raid me lol.

Or they can use EC and have the health bar targets auto fill.

Well the developers didn't see it that way and nerfed the Phoenix instead.  And I'm sure one of the last things they want to do is revisit all the grief they got from changing that model.

Quite frankly your post just exemplified why we do not need certain animals to train up to five slots.  "A released mongbat dropping noobs". Griefing does not make a compeling argument.
  • Khyro said:
    Khyro said:
    No, the tiny model that had PvPers complaining about being unable to target it, so the model was changed to a larger one. Yet this thread has people asking for 5 slot creatures just as small as the original phoenix, and even smaller, then wondering why they are told no.
    I play EC targeting wasn't a problem for me, it's crazy speed was.  My bad.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Khyro said:
    Khyro said:
    Not sure in then Enhanced Client, but in the Classic Client just press CTRL+SHIFT and drag the tag with mouse to pull up the status bar....

Even if it was the size of a mosquito it would have a status bar that could be pulled up and then used to target it....
    edited April 2019
    Yes, I understand that. I am not one of the people who complained about not being able to target it. I am aware that Ctrl+Shift exists. I also use the EC with target nearest enemy macro, which works perfectly well. I am simply stating a fact that the phoenix model was changed because other people complained it was too small. There is now a precedent set by Broadsword in regards to small model tamables because of this, which is one of the reasons why you are not going to see 5 slot killer bunnies, birds, dogs, cats, chickens, rats, etc.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited April 2019
    Khyro said:
    Yes, I understand that. I am not one of the people who complained about not being able to target it. I am aware that Ctrl+Shift exists. I also use the EC with target nearest enemy macro, which works perfectly well. I am simply stating a fact that the phoenix model was changed because other people complained it was too small. There is now a precedent set by Broadsword in regards to small model tamables because of this, which is one of the reasons why you are not going to see 5 slot killer bunnies, birds, dogs, cats, chickens, rats, etc.

They grow in size as the levels increase!  

Someone make pics!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    And that Khyro is a joke, but i do still do want every pet tameable to be able to be trained to 5 slots.
    I can understand the model issues, to a point, but i also feel if it were that big of an issue, all small critter models would be changed.

Again, i feel like it wouod add varity to pets instead of just flappy here, and cu there.

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    @Kyronix, can you at least look into making the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot pet ? Or at least a good reason against it, considering it's fairly rare.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Norry said:
    And that Khyro is a joke, but i do still do want every pet tameable to be able to be trained to 5 slots.
    I can understand the model issues, to a point, but i also feel if it were that big of an issue, all small critter models would be changed.

Again, i feel like it wouod add varity to pets instead of just flappy here, and cu there.

I agree here.

I think the argument was they didn't want smaller pets as powerful as the larger pets but if you look at the beginning stats of things like horses or mongbats, there's no way even a 5 slot would compare in the slightest to a Cu or any larger pet.

• PureLifePureLife Posts: 54
    I don't know if I agree all pet's should go to 5 slots. But I was very disappointed with the lack of options available to take to 5 slots. Like it would be a lot cooler to see all kinds of beasts being used for flavor perspectives especially hell hounds and spiders. Grizzled mare would be super cool or even all the new vanity mounts they release. Even a Grizzly bear would be a sweet companion to adventure with. I think it applys to a lot of aspects of the game but the more we are allowed to express ourselves the better the game is.