dDo you agree with this?

dev need to do something about the use of packies at idocs. there's no doubt people will open 5 or more EJ accounts, friend them all to your paid account and script loot the whole freakin idoc house. ive already seen this kind of activity at idocs. they need stop/change the ability for others to command pets. its just used for exploiting and cheating. get rid of ability the follow command will also help stop, slow down the multibot/char use where if they want to use more than one account, they actually need to use them. not auto follow, heal, cure ect....

Comments

• DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    Davo said:
    they need stop/change the ability for others to command pets.
    As long as its just for EJ accounts.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited March 2018
    OSI should implement a lot stricter rules at IDOC. No Pets AT ALL for EVERYONE, as it is in Castle BT. And this just for start.
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 452
    Trial accounts already can do this.  Why are people freaking out about EJ for things that already can happen?
  • DavoDavo Posts: 46
    the point is not about trail account/EJ accounts, its about stopping a serious abuse/cheating, the one thing everyone should expect from any game you play and pay for.
  • I think, that all IDOC items should be turned into NPC public aution, and same for plot area.. And it will kill every scripters interest to this.

• And this will also facilitate the withdrawal of cash from circulation. True, this had to be done a few years ago
  • PapaSmurfPapaSmurf Posts: 112
    I think, that all IDOC items should be turned into NPC public aution, and same for plot area.. And it will kill every scripters interest to this.
    I like this 

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Ivenor said:
    OSI should implement a lot stricter rules at IDOC. No Pets AT ALL for EVERYONE, as it is in Castle BT. And this just for start.
    Who is OSI?  o:)
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    It is a nice thought but UO has had this problem forever and now all of a sudden with EJ they are going to crack down on Scripters/Multiboxer.  I will believe this when I see it and so far EJ gives me nothing but has the ability to take away a lot for my game play.
    edited March 2018
    Bilbo said:
    Ivenor said:
    Who is OSI?  o:)

Ooops, sorry, I was writing on the move! :D
    I meant BS, o.c.... ;)

From whoever the change should come anyway, IMO, at least:

1) implementation of full BT Castle rules, so NO PETS, NO GARG FLYING in the area of the IDOCed House;
    2) inside the IDOCed House area, ALL the Chars are totally transparent (no invising of items on the terrain is possible);
    3) EVERY spellcasting is BLOCKED, an BoSs do not operate;
    4) you can come out of IDOCed area with only what you can carry on yourself;
    5) the IDOCed House Area became an Fully Regulated Guards Zone,  so, every hostile action against other player Summons automatically the "Death From Above".

With these 5 points IMO you level A LOT the field...

I.
    edited March 2018
    All the changes you're asking for are to fix things you can do yourself... so the playing field is already leveled.  You're just losing, when you lose after your changes you're going to ask for more changes.  We need to stop making game changes to stop cheaters and just stop the cheaters.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Make new NPCs and have them randomly spawn in different towns at different times, with all of the idoc loot in their inventory for purchase by anyone. Or make them NPC Idoc questors..so many easy fixes to this that would still allow for the retention of IDOC items without the ridiculous greed.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    Feigr said:
    All the changes you're asking for are to fix things you can do yourself... so the playing field is already leveled.  You're just losing, when you lose after your changes you're going to ask for more changes.  We need to stop making game changes to stop cheaters and just stop the cheaters.
    I beg your pardon??? I really don't understand your objection, sorry... :o
    Can't you take a packie to the IDOC?
  • Lord_NabinLord_Nabin Posts: 203
    Do I agree with this? No
    Lord Nabin
    High Council Sage
    Ancient Conclave of Wisdom

ICQ 248-636-691
    Discord Lord Nabin#5433
    lordnabin@yahoo.com
    Yes, at least at the one I saw in Luna GL a couple of weeks ago. The point is, so can Scripters/cheaters, and control them in a massive way I cannot do. But the main point is Invising: blocking with the Chars body (expecially darn fliyng Gargs) the terrain, so one cannot even SEE what is on it, and so the scripter that automated the items collection get 99% of the stuff.

edited March 2018
    You're asking to limit everyone for the bad deeds of a few.  And those few probably aren't really cheating.  You just think they are.   You can have a loot agent in EC, it's not cheating.

The real issue are the real cheaters.  Just ban them and take as much action as you can against them.  Stop limiting real players because of the bad ones.

My point is, you're asking for changes.  And those changes aren't going to help you get better at playing.  So then you're going to need more changes or get upset that the changes you asked for didn't help.
    edited March 2018
    You are avoiding the main point of my objection: make the terrain (and the IDOCed items on it) ALWAYS visible to everybody. You can automate what you want with the EC functions, but if you have 20 DARN gargs flying over the terrain, you get zip!
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    My vote is for everything except maybe a some "rubble" to go up with the house. That would remove a lot of stuff from the game without hurting any active players and make a lot more sense in the context of the world. Someone "dies" and all his belonging just drop onto the ground???

If they have the time maybe a gm or nearest governor could go thought the house and action off any truly special items for the city treasury.

Also it would make it simpler repairing the damage if the house went down by mistake, not that that ever happens. 

Let the howling begin.

PS yes I have looted IDOC houses.
  • SyncrosSyncros Posts: 116
    PapaSmurf said:
    I think, that all IDOC items should be turned into NPC public aution, and same for plot area.. And it will kill every scripters interest to this.
    I like this 
    Yea,  I would like to see the contents of the house be in surprise chests that say just items (no weight that contains random items from that house ) that go up for auction so you get just that depending on how much you are willing to spend on it.  
  • EyeEye Posts: 91
    Randomly place loot in player backpacks or bank boxes, for all within the vicinity
    Anyone too close to the house gets crushed by the falling rubble
    ROFL
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Eye said:
    Randomly place loot in player backpacks or bank boxes, for all within the vicinity
    Anyone too close to the house gets crushed by the falling rubble
    ROFL
    Similar. Let an EM have fun at the IDOC.  Death robes for everyone.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    Ivenor said:

1) implementation of full BT Castle rules, so NO PETS, NO GARG FLYING in the area of the IDOCed House;
    2) inside the IDOCed House area, ALL the Chars are totally transparent (no invising of items on the terrain is possible);
    3) EVERY spellcasting is BLOCKED, an BoSs do not operate;
    4) you can come out of IDOCed area with only what you can carry on yourself;
    5) the IDOCed House Area became an Fully Regulated Guards Zone,  so, every hostile action against other player Summons automatically the "Death From Above".

With these 5 points IMO you level A LOT the field..
    That's way to much dev time. They should get get rid of IDOCs completely. 
  • GigglesGiggles Posts: 62
    I think EJ accounts should have bank access but no pack animal access. I think pack animals are more problematic than bank access. Especially if their concern is cheating/scripting on EJ accounts.

Why fit in when you were born to stand out? -Dr. Seuss
  • SaulGoodman1SaulGoodman1 Posts: 285
    :'(
  • mizchifmizchif Posts: 19
    Giggles said:
    I think EJ accounts should have bank access but no pack animal access. I think pack animals are more problematic than bank access. Especially if their concern is cheating/scripting on EJ accounts.

I was always under the impression that EJ accounts CANT do IDOC's . They Cant even pass the barrels into the main area. That would mean all the toons at IDOCS are paid accounts. Correct me if I'm wrong.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Psst, look at the date on these posts. This was one of many necro threads courtesy of Saul Goodman.