Risisng Tide.

ArronArron Posts: 485
edited April 2019 in General Discussions
So is th new pet Triton coming soon? I saw the new Story on UO.com. I like it. I am intrested in where this story leads. I am still enjoying all the new content. Right now I am trying to earn Dabloons for the new items coming. How is everyone enjoying the new content? Any tidbit learnt during play you would like to share? I discovered you don't need to make matches, insted use tourches they last a very long time, plus you can get them on the stuff you kill from time to time. I am not sure if the ones bought from the provisioner works the same way. Also if you position your ship just right your ship will take no damage when battling the Plunder Beacons. Also here is a survey.                                                 
  1. How much are you enjoying the New Rising Tide content?9 votes
    1. A: 100% - 90%
      66.67%
    2. 80% - 70%
      22.22%
    3. 60% - 50%
        0.00%
    4. 30% - 0%
      11.11%

Comments

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,257

I've voted 0%, because we as a guild are not really taking part. There is no content within this playstyle for us.

One of my guildmates asked the question - does this content help us as a guild PvP better? Does it give any sort of armour or gear towards helping gear our PvP/PvM teams. When the answer was No, he was like, ok, we pass. That is pretty much our attitude as a guild towards this sort of content.

We will sit this out, until the answer to those questions changes.

Although I have voted 0%, I don't actually have a negative reaction to the content. I am really pleased the Devs have done this, for those that do enjoy this content, and while you guys are enjoying yourselves, that is fantastic, our guild are also having a great time PvPing in Felucca, we do our thing while you do yours, etc. We have a lot of old friends, (and their sons now!!) who have come back to the game, and we are having a great time just doing other stuff, gearing them, teaching them the ropes.

I think the Devs did a great job on Tamers, Castles, and Rising Tide, and some recent events, all stuff I will not take part in - too Trammy for me. So I 100% support it, and can see the benefit to the game. It just doesn't cross into my playstyles.

One thing I am delighted about in the direction they took on this, is they simplified some old over-complicated systems... Made it more fun for those who enjoy this content. You will understand this is one of my bugbears - all the overcomplication within the game.

• ArronArron Posts: 485
    edited April 2019
    Remember it is not over, as a matter of fact this is only the beginning. <span>:wink:</span>. Stay tuned.
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    I was disappointed they didn't do more to simplify the crafting of ammo for ship battles, the actual firing of cannons is much improved but I still won't be making any ammo, it was a pain before and it's not much better now.
  • Cookie said:
    I think the Devs did a great job on Tamers, Castles, and Rising Tide, and some recent events, all stuff I will not take part in - too Trammy for me. So I 100% support it, and can see the benefit to the game. It just doesn't cross into my playstyles.
    play some more on Siege then, we got the same high seas content but it's all in Felucca ruleset. Ship battles can be fun!
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,257

Haha Max, so true. :)

You know what's killed me on Siege, flipping ROT, I don't have the patience!!

And I couldn't get my mates over :/

But, still love the whole concept there, hope to be back.

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 889
    tbh I always liked pvping on boats... but only the legacy boats. 

The High Seas ones are too big for pvp imo, people can literally run from one side of their ship to the other and be out of range, so they'll basically never die....  and scuttling a moving ship in pvp requires too much work (if it's even possible), most of us would rather get straight to the killin'.

Besides, chances are you won't run into another ship in Fel because tram & fel content is so similar most people wouldn't bother with the fel version of it.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    I don't know how much testing someone can do on the whips, but the NPC to sell the loot to in Buc's Den is holding one, so maybe this is where the recipes will come from and if so, are they something you'd use? @Cookie ; Just a thought.