Dragon Cannons

Little disappointed. They cost more then a parrot and it dosn't do anything. Unless that part I couldn't figure out. Facing East and North is blocks No Movement. Facing South Blocks all Movement and Facing West only Blocks Movement only in the back :(

Comments

• LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    This kind of thing is so frustrating. Not to derail your thread, Bytor, but this is a close cousin to how frustrating it is that the parrot gets stuffed under your hat. Or that something like the telescope doesn't even offer the artwork for facing south. You know, the direction that over 90% of the houses face? Build a balcony on the front of your house and have the telescope look back into your window. Come on. 

If players can immediately spot and bum out on the flaws and shortcomings of these items why isn't it anticipated and made right before they're released? 
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Ok i'll admit, I just laughed out loud reading the telescope comment.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    It's painful

• That these things happen doesn't bother me a great deal. Especially with the telescope and so many other items. What bothers me is they never do anything about it. They mess up and then just walk away from it.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • LilyGrace said:
    It's painful

That's actually the proper way. If you look into it you'll notice that fleet of ships is very far away giving you more time to mount a defense.
  • LilyGrace said:
    This kind of thing is so frustrating. Not to derail your thread, Bytor, but this is a close cousin to how frustrating it is that the parrot gets stuffed under your hat. Or that something like the telescope doesn't even offer the artwork for facing south. You know, the direction that over 90% of the houses face? Build a balcony on the front of your house and have the telescope look back into your window. Come on. 

If players can immediately spot and bum out on the flaws and shortcomings of these items why isn't it anticipated and made right before they're released? 

I apologize I didn't turn your telescope back around after peeking in your windows.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I wish the dragon cannons did something besides just look kinda cool.

You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    *hastily draws shut the blinds *
  • crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
    I dont get why this kind of stuff is a priority... this is what the majority of players wanted? I guess im in the minority. I want useful, interactive content thats designed properly.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    edited April 2019
    A HUGE chunk of UO is dedicated to housing. From the very visible overland plots with houses built by selecting individual tiles and walls to almost every single item being allowed to drop on the ground and thus used as decorations. A significant number of folks do enjoy decorative items. To that end, I do wish every item had at least the 4 basic facings. It is relatively easy code to flip a sprite for mirror image.

The problem with adding useful items - especially VERY useful items - to a limited time event is that new or returning players later on are disadvantaged and discouraged. MMOs with high populations can afford that loss, but UO is better off avoiding it imo. It is one thing not to have access something decorative, but something else entirely to not be able to get something that actually puts others at an advantage over you. I strongly dislike it when MMOs do that. Useful items that do something new or outperform something existing need to be reserved for permanent gameplay changes such as a new expansion, etc.
  • LilyGrace said:
    It's painful

I see what you did with that thar tree. I like it. I like it in the sense I'm steal that lol
    ;)  Captain