Flat Earth

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
Despite the intro movie to UO depicting Sosaria as spherical, I believe the UO world is in fact Flat, and i think i can gather enough evidence to support it.

Who would like to start a movement with me?
I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited February 2019
    Mervyn said:
    Despite the intro movie to UO depicting Sosaria as spherical, I believe the UO world is in fact Flat, and i think i can gather enough evidence to support it.

Who would like to start a movement with me?
    Flat is not a problem. It is when you start speaking about giant elephants and star-turtles that you get slammed with the 600 puonds goril-lawsuit... :D

And, anyway, it has been proved long ago that Britannia (and so Sosaria too, I suppose) is a toroid.
  • BruceBruce Posts: 27
    Here is how you test toroid (donut shape) vs flat planet theory.

Go to the edge of the known world, step over, are you in empty space?
    If yes, the world is flat.
    If no, check your coordinates, this point and the last one you were on match up and are next to each other.

If you keep traveling around the edge, connecting the matching points, you will find that the entire eastern margin lines up with the entire western margin, implying a tubular shape instead of a sphere.

No go to the north, and you will find that the north and south line up as well. This does not disprove the tube, but requires you to take that tube and connect the ends together, forming a donut.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216

Bruce said:
    Here is how you test toroid (donut shape) vs flat planet theory.

Go to the edge of the known world, step over, are you in empty space?
    If yes, the world is flat.
    If no, check your coordinates, this point and the last one you were on match up and are next to each other.

If you keep traveling around the edge, connecting the matching points, you will find that the entire eastern margin lines up with the entire western margin, implying a tubular shape instead of a sphere.

No go to the north, and you will find that the north and south line up as well. This does not disprove the tube, but requires you to take that tube and connect the ends together, forming a donut.
    Yup, Been There, Done That! :D ;)
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited March 2019
    Your theory of a Donut shaped world is interesting, and makes sense given the dev teams' fondness of all things Donut. 

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    This thread is closed.
This discussion has been closed.