The New Rising Tide Parrot

Got my New Parrot today! 

It sits cutely on your shoulder. 
The parrot takes the name of the player who chooses it.
Takes the slot of your robe and in my case, the Epaulette.
The top part of the parrot which is grey when chosen, can be dyed with natural dye.
Double click it while on your shoulder and it flies around for a brief time
It can be locked down, it can be raised and also turned using the interior decorating tool

I love my cute little feathered buddy!...Great job with the artwork Dev's.

Comments

• MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    Does it take up any pet slots?  Can you trade it to another character?  
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited March 2019
    Not a pet.  Takes up cloak slot if on shoulder. Has no stats. (yet)?  Can trade but keeps the name of purchaser.

Can lock in house but can not fly.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    edited March 2019
    So my Epaulets/Robe slot will be replaced by the parrot if I decide to get one of those?
  • Sinder_ShaydeSinder_Shayde Posts: 43
    edited March 2019
    Pawain said:
    Not a pet.  Takes up cloak slot if on shoulder. Has no stats. (yet)?  Can trade but keeps the name of purchaser.

It takes the spot of your robe not your cloak. As you can see in the picture I posted above, I am wearing a cloak.

• Parnoc said:
    So my Epaulets/Robe slot will be replaced by the parrot if I decide to get one of those?
    Yes. 
    You can keep the parrot in your back pack and switch between your robe and the parrot
    Pawain said:

It takes the spot of your robe not your cloak. As you can see in the picture I posted above, I am wearing a cloak.

Sorry. I meant robe. I got one the first Night. :p

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    couple of questions:   I can only see the parrot on the paperdoll, and I'm not seeing it fly around. This is in EC - what settings do I need to turn back on to see it fly? and is it not visible on the playscreen or is that down to a setting I've turned off/down?
    Double click the parrot to make it fly. It does not always fly.

If you did that then. I have no answer.

It only shows up on the paperdoll.
    Would be nice if it did on player.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    It should show up on the player yes, especially if it’s robe slot, they need to fix that. You should post it in bug section.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    edited March 2019
    I had the same trouble. I was getting a bit of lag at the Khaldun event from people's spells, so I had turned off all of my particle effects. The parrot is evidently included in one of those. I did not look to see which subcategory, but "All" means no filter is applied, at which point I could see the flying parrot. Which is very cute, btw.

Aww those poor EC users were not seeing my Birdy fly, :/
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    Shucks! Just realized the parrot's head gets cut off by wearing a tricorne hat. 

Awww....maaan! :-(
  • GraceGrace Posts: 148
    This is indeed a shame, glad someone else noticed this. Art could be fixed am sure if enough people post about it!
  • Sir_JermsSir_Jerms Posts: 63
    Question:  The notes say that cargo can be obtained from killing sea monsters.  Is this anywhere or just around the area at bucs den?

• LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    Grace said:
    This is indeed a shame, glad someone else noticed this. Art could be fixed am sure if enough people post about it!
    I kept thinking the art might not be so good for the parrot's head. Then I started messing around with the clothing I was wearing and saw it's hidden. I think that's pretty messed up. You have to use up the robe slot to put the parrot on your shoulder? Then you have to take off your hat if you want to be able to see it well? Come on.
  • SuperfrogSuperfrog Posts: 96
    Sir_Jerms said:
    Question:  The notes say that cargo can be obtained from killing sea monsters.  Is this anywhere or just around the area at bucs den?

it is the spawn around Plunder Beacons and any crew members of the beacons or merchant/pirate ships that have the chance to drop one in your pack.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Sir_Jerms said:

I only do my hunting in Tokuno
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    thanks @Tanager

@Sir_Jerms I've not looked around bucc's den, the beacons I've fought have been in the southern seas between Jhelom and Amoeba Isle.
    Do you get credit for Salty Seas kills there?
    Wizard hat and others.

• AaylaAayla Posts: 170
    Pawain said:
    Do you get credit for Salty Seas kills there?

Yes! <span>:smile:</span>
  • Arrrgghhhh wit me tricorne on it be hiding me parrot!
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    The parrot is shy  :p