Please add a UO Store item that allows robe slots to be imprinted on a parrot!

The parrots look nice (with the exception of the tricorn hat snafu) but they take up a previously existing slot of modded items. Please, PLEASE let me throw money at you by creating a token that when used will target / consume a robe slot item, and transfer the stats of that item to the parrot. Specifically, PLEASE LET ME PAY YOU in the UO store for the ability to put my Hawkwind Robe / Conjurer Garb / Blackthorn Epaulets onto a parrot on my toon's shoulder.

Please let me give you money for this!

Calavera

Comments

• ArronArron Posts: 485
    Why not wear a bandana?

• CalaveraCalavera Posts: 24
    A bandana is not in the robe slot. There is no Conjurer Garb / Hawkwind Robe version of a bandana.
  • AaylaAayla Posts: 170
    +1
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    I said bandana so you could see your parrot since the tricone hat blocks the parrot head a bit.

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited July 2020
    Pls delete this I will repost under TC
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • It'd be nice if it was just added. This is still a subscription game. I'm getting a little tired of all the decent stuff being added to the store for more money.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    It'd be nice if it was just added. This is still a subscription game. I'm getting a little tired of all the decent stuff being added to the store for more money.

Agree. I too am tired of all the 'new' stuff that is being added is only in the store.  WTF do we pay a subscription?

UO is getting seriously greedy, they want both the subscription model and the pay to win model. 

Look at all the new deco introduced in the past two years, 95% of it is in the store.  What have we actually gotten, that is worth collecting as a drop or reward that is available to all via regular game play?  I can't think of any decent lot of new deco items or even useful artis that have been introduced in at least two yrs. 

I refuse to buy deco items from the store.  People say if it is 'only' deco it doesnt matter, well I disagree, I pay a subscription, I too should be able to get new stuff. It is not like we have had any kinda decent expansion or major content add in years. 

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    MissE said:
    It'd be nice if it was just added. This is still a subscription game. I'm getting a little tired of all the decent stuff being added to the store for more money.

Agree. I too am tired of all the 'new' stuff that is being added is only in the store.  WTF do we pay a subscription?

UO is getting seriously greedy, they want both the subscription model and the pay to win model. 

Look at all the new deco introduced in the past two years, 95% of it is in the store.  What have we actually gotten, that is worth collecting as a drop or reward that is available to all via regular game play?  I can't think of any decent lot of new deco items or even useful artis that have been introduced in at least two yrs. 

I refuse to buy deco items from the store.  People say if it is 'only' deco it doesnt matter, well I disagree, I pay a subscription, I too should be able to get new stuff. It is not like we have had any kinda decent expansion or major content add in years. 

That last part of what you said is actually the issue.  Deco is one of the perfect types of things to add to the cash store... its not needed to play the game, and having it doesn't provide any real advantage over others who are playing the game.  Deco, dyes, etc are perfect vanity items for the store. 

The trouble to me seems to be that a little too much of the time seems to be going to the cash store items at the expense of in-game content drops/rewards.
  • Lieutenant_DanLieutenant_Dan Posts: 195
    edited July 2020
    I would have rather seen a cloak / back slot Transmogrification Potion.  

We earned all of those 'Cloaks of the Virtous' from the Jolly Roger event arc with no mods on them that would be perfect for for a Transmogrification Potion but unfortunately they occupy the wrong slot.

Perhaps we could get one for the back slot in the future?  @Kyronix

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Merus said:
    MissE said:

That last part of what you said is actually the issue.  Deco is one of the perfect types of things to add to the cash store... its not needed to play the game, and having it doesn't provide any real advantage over others who are playing the game.  Deco, dyes, etc are perfect vanity items for the store. 

The trouble to me seems to be that a little too much of the time seems to be going to the cash store items at the expense of in-game content drops/rewards.

My original intention was related to the latest publish 109's Transmogrification Potion. I googled about the parrot and it directed me to this old but related thread. I have transferred the "technical" questions related to 109 TC to the "Test Center" sub-forum.

If the topic is about what should be paid, etc, I think I agree with @Merus.

These items are just for decorative purposes and it is not "pay to win". My Hawkwind robe works fine or I can use that Tabard. It is not a must to have this potion for my sampire to function normally. 

However, if you guys care so much about looks, why No One complained about the Parrot not being visible on the Toons in EC? The parrot can only be seen on the Paperdoll and not the character toon. This is a free request which I believe the Dev Team should oblige to make it right. Yes, I don't spend money but hours to get 140,000 points and exchange for a parrot but it is invisible on the toon. And now we are arguing about having to pay for decor items.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Merus said:
    MissE said:

And that is the point, YOU don't think the deco stuff is needed to play the game, well that is a matter of opinion.  A LOT of players play UO purely for the deco, house owning, redoing their themes, collecting stuff for sale, etc etc.  Look at how much some of the rarer deco pieces from the SA champ spawns sell for.  As a subscription game I actually EXPECT to get the majority of content in game, not having to go to the store to buy it.  Say for example all the new themed stuff 'farm sets', 'kitchen sets' and 'wedding sets' , I am not gonna buy them what's the point? 

I want stuff in my house that I had to collect and work for. it used to be in integral part of MY game play, getting out and trying for the harder to get deco items, stuff like ruined painting that only spawned rarely, or harder to get items like banana trees or whatever from spawns. If I can go to the store and just buy junk it has ZERO value to game content or game play.  All it is is a drain on my wallet paying for stuff than anyone with the $$$$ can get.  In my mind it is valueless. 

We have a game , if we have to then go to the store to buy all the new deco why bother playing at all?  

That whole aspect of game play has pretty much been destroyed by this dev team putting all that stuff in the damn store. 

I mean once your char is scrolled, and has a decent suit, unless you are into high end pvp the only thing worth bothering with is deco and group activiites and pvm for fun.  But right now there is bugger all to actually get as a 'reward'.  

I am at the point where I am nearly ready to close my 3 accounts as there has been NOTHING for me to earn in pvm for at least 2-3 yrs.  If I wanna go buy stuff in the store, there is no point in actually playing is there, may as well bank sit and just buy the deco.  Not much fun, so no point to it. 

As for the OP,  every time someone wants something they say 'add it to the store' ' I will buy it' etc etc,  how about they put reconfig potion into the game that lets you target an item with no mods, (eg a parrot) and another item with mods (ie a robe) and the mods morph onto the no mod item.  A reconfig potion that could be used to morph any item of the same slot and make it drop as a rare drop from all high end bosses to create something to bother doing the pvm for, add it to the peerless boss loot tables and the champ spawn boss drops etc.   So if I have a tangle I can morph it onto a player crafted obi etc.

The best way to ruin a game is to keep adding everything to the store instead of actually adding it to content. 

I want people to come to my castle and say "oh wow you got one of those" or "lucky you that is super rare where did you get that",  not "oh you bought that from the store, and that from the store, and that from the store'.  I see deco from the store and think hmmm 'meh' big deal. 

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum