A few High Seas questions

After reading the publish notes, and doing the content, a couple of questions came to mind.

1) Is this content permanent? I ask because the notes mention "as long as the content is active."
2) I am currently doing this on an archer. Can he redeem the Triton "statuette" (WHEN it IS available)        (sorry, I had to toss that in) and then give it to a tamer to "redeem"?
3) Are new items (Triton *cough,cough*wink,wink*) only going to be available once a month?

Inquiring minds want to know! :) @Kyronix @Bleak

Also, This has turned out to be a LOT of fun! In my humble opinion of course.

FYI, I'm sure y'all know about the "bugs" with the beacons, but I thought I would mention it again Thanks!.
If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!

Comments

• TerryUOTerryUO Posts: 13
    I was just talking about this with some friends and I'm thinking I may have to pull the trigger and make a tamer really fast to claim this reward when it comes.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    Is there an additional cost to getting the High Seas upgrade if you already have High Seas? I have not seen the new content yet like the cannons even though I dismantled them and placed them again.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    Arron said:
    Is there an additional cost to getting the High Seas upgrade if you already have High Seas? I have not seen the new content yet like the cannons even though I dismantled them and placed them again.
    I think if you already have High Seas, you are good to go. I was. :) @Kyronix ;
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    That is great to hear. I hope I get at least one day off soon. I need my UO Fix lol.

LOL

Does anyone have any answers? @Kyronix @Bleak
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    Once rewards are added to the Black Market merchant they will be available for the duration of the event.

All rewards can be redeemed by any character with enough doubloons to claim them.  Whether the character can use it depends on the reward item.

The event is planned for the next few months.
    edited March 2019
    Thanks for the response. But, odd that the content isn't permanent, and, are we going to wait a month for a (possible) item that we can/will use?
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Kyronix said:
    Once rewards are added to the Black Market merchant they will be available for the duration of the event.

All rewards can be redeemed by any character with enough doubloons to claim them.  Whether the character can use it depends on the reward item.

So what part of this is an "event" and which parts are new content that will remain ?
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    Kyronix said:

So what part of this is an "event" and which parts are new content that will remain ?
    @Kyronix
  • GraceGrace Posts: 148
    edited March 2019
    Kyronix said:

Claimed the Parrot on who I earned the cargos from and it is blessed for that person.

It is fantastic, that Parrot, but for one thing, he does not look right on CC wearing a Pirate's hat!  Wearing the hat covers part of the Parrot's face.  This character really would like to wear a
    Pirate hat. Not huge, but would be great to fix that somehow!

I think the concern lies in, will any future item be blessed/named after the person who
    turns in the points and collects the item? 

But even better of an idea is make these type of event things like the improved Cleanup points system. Click on the turn in guy to transfer points from/to all chars on the account.