So How's That Bamboo Floor Tile House Looking Today?

Captain_LuckyCaptain_Lucky Posts: 556
edited March 2019 in General Discussions
Even after a lengthy discussion about this we were totally ignored. They wouldn't even discuss it with us. Put zero effort into an acceptable resolution. I haven't been seriously ticked off about this game in years. But today I am. Not going to really discuss this right now because a forum ban would be inevitable. It's impossible to describe the actions of the team without being likely banned. Got a new castle to work on, I need to focus on that other messed up system at the moment. Not that a forum ban really matters anyway because we are clearly not a concern at BS anyway. Our voices and opinions go unanswered and unheard. But I know how the EA email system works and I think for the emails I don't have I can guess. I will be hammering EA with my opinion on how some things are being handled in this game. Enough is enough. I've been pushed too far. The last time I took it to the limit was Earth and Beyond I believe lol. They sent me a nice T Shirt, poster, mouse pad and some other swag lol. I really see no point in discussing this with Mesanna or the team at this point. I honestly thought about it but what would be the point? HEY LOOK! A BRIDGE! *sparks match* I know I love reading rants so I hope some of you folks enjoyed this opening salvo at the very least lol 
Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies

Comments

• To illustrate the thought that went into this... there's another "feature" that does the exact same thing. *shakes head*
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    edited March 2019

Just a step outside of Luna on Atlantic I see some houses can still be seen and some that can't. The houses that can be seen, you can still see the auction safes.

Strange.

EDIT: It looks like all the ones that are hidden are with the bamboo facing E/W. I'm thinking they missed N/S facing tiles.

• Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    LOL  That's par for the course...
  • Urge said:

Just a step outside of Luna on Atlantic I see some houses can still be seen and some that can't. The houses that can be seen, you can still see the auction safes.

Strange.

EDIT: It looks like all the ones that are hidden are with the bamboo facing E/W. I'm thinking they missed N/S facing tiles.

I doubt they missed that. Check out what's under the stuff you can see. Same result as before just uglier lol Everyone is going to figure it out in about 5 minutes that care about it. People will notice that the neighbors stuff shows and mine doesn't sorta thing. I can work around that later, working on the new castle. I think I'm going to end up with as much stone in this new one as my old castle lol Anyway I'll be able to write a better email if I calm down a little for a few days and really think it out.
  • Captain_LuckyCaptain_Lucky Posts: 556
    edited March 2019

The dragon is awake! I'm back! I know you missed the old me :) Oh fyi Uriah, I'll be shutting down my Luna vendor house (probably). Not sure if I'll keep it or not. New players won't be able to see the dye tubs, portals and such so screw it. At my prices I didn't make anything off it anyway. Not my job to make a pleasant new player experience.
  • Some of the bamboo still work
    but yes the auction safes need an “ingame search” asap bc otherwise they will be useless.
    by walking around luna or some other houses , you could see what they have for sale, bc ypu could see from far away their safes and now you cant...
  • Some of the bamboo still work
    but yes the auction safes need an “ingame search” asap bc otherwise they will be useless.
    by walking around luna or some other houses , you could see what they have for sale, bc ypu could see from far away their safes and now you cant...

Yeah I mentioned all this. They didn't care. Not gonna tear everything apart so they can nerf it again in a few weeks.

The dragon is awake! I'm back! I know you missed the old me :) Oh fyi Uriah, I'll be shutting down my Luna vendor house (probably). Not sure if I'll keep it or not. New players won't be able to see the dye tubs, portals and such so screw it. At my prices I didn't make anything off it anyway. Not my job to make a pleasant new player experience.
    I can dig it.  I'm about to quit gate scrolls, too much time investment scribing for too little return.  
    Said it before, and didnt, but think I am about to really downsize...especially if Tmapping goes the way I think it will.

Time will tell, Good Luck Lucky :P  Take the nitro and blood pressure pills and keep on ranting :D 

• xxxVideoxxxVideo Posts: 59

You are probably that type of guy who filled hes house so hard so client started to lag so u cant even walk near. This fix won't happe if you guys didn't abuse this tiles.
  • Even after a lengthy discussion about this we were totally ignored.

I'd have to disagree.  Apparently they listened to a lot of players.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited March 2019
    The reason people are left with a bitter taste in their mouths, is due to the length of time from this bug being reported to fix. If it was nipped in the bud and nobody designed their houses around it, nobody would even notice.

The same was true for roof exploit. Tamers got salty when it was no longer an exclusive tamer activity.

Insta pet logging has 9 bugs/exploits attached and shows no sign of being resolved due to the length of time now passed.

insta suit switching bug is developing into the next major issue of contention as people get used to exploiting it now on both clients not just EC.

can we blame the players for getting attached to something that should’ve been nipped in the bud? 

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    Id like to say good work on finally fixing this and not forcing everyone to see those ridiculous houses.  I have no pity towards the people who took advantage of it.  id also be fine if they got mad enough to quit playing.  
  • Not going to debate the peanut gallery. Opinions here aren't considered anyway. There are other avenues. One person's old computer, one complaint from someone that had no idea of what they were talking about and BAM Bleak was on it. Sad.
    Not going to debate the peanut gallery. Opinions here aren't considered anyway. There are other avenues. One person's old computer, one complaint from someone that had no idea of what they were talking about and BAM Bleak was on it. Sad.

This will cost me, I am sure.  But more and more I'm becoming convinced that it isn't the problem or the severity of the problem, but who complains that makes it get fixed....

Y'all flame away, but if you take off those rose colored glasses, and think about it a bit, you will see.  
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    Not going to debate the peanut gallery. Opinions here aren't considered anyway. There are other avenues. One person's old computer, one complaint from someone that had no idea of what they were talking about and BAM Bleak was on it. Sad.

This will cost me, I am sure.  But more and more I'm becoming convinced that it isn't the problem or the severity of the problem, but who complains that makes it get fixed....

Y'all flame away, but if you take off those rose colored glasses, and think about it a bit, you will see.  
    You mean like Mesanna doesn't even read anything here herself? Color me shocked...
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • Well some people can make a "whine" meme but if I do it I get warned? You mean favoritism like that? lol
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited March 2019
    I don’t have any issues with free speech on this forum compared to what Stratics was like when they were the official forum, they’re not as bad now after they lost that title but you basically couldn’t say anything negative about BLUES. As if it was a hate crime. I kid you not, when they were the official forum, I once got banned for referring to blues as “carebears”, and they only revoked the ban when I showed a statement from mesanna using the same phrase.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• DJSandmanDJSandman Posts: 15
    I still say they need a button in the Options in the eyeball that you can pick to see or not see the cool stuff built with the bamboo floors

• SlissSliss Posts: 282
    Mervyn said:
    I don’t have any issues with free speech on this forum compared to what Stratics was like when they were the official forum, they’re not as bad now after they lost that title but you basically couldn’t say anything negative about BLUES. As if it was a hate crime. I kid you not, when they were the official forum, I once got banned for referring to blues as “carebears”, and they only revoked the ban when I showed a statement from mesanna using the same phrase.
    That's an unfair comparison. Stratics' mods had the pleasure of your acquaintance for quite a few more years than ones here :D
  • Not going to debate the peanut gallery. Opinions here aren't considered anyway. There are other avenues. One person's old computer, one complaint from someone that had no idea of what they were talking about and BAM Bleak was on it. Sad.

Wow y’all are trying to destroy my bamboo floor trick? I been using that since Age of Shadows...that’s so sad to get rid of it :-(

i wass going to come back to UO to customize houses again but if they are taking it out then I’m out :-(
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834

Wow y’all are trying to destroy my bamboo floor trick? I been using that since Age of Shadows...that’s so sad to get rid of it :-(

i wass going to come back to UO to customize houses again but if they are taking it out then I’m out :-(
    LMAO  You are already back, good try.
  • DJSandman said:
    I still say they need a button in the Options in the eyeball that you can pick to see or not see the cool stuff built with the bamboo floors

You probably think that cause you got a brain. But to implement a system like that could run into minutes.
  • CazadorCazador Posts: 83
    I like how you keep saying people with slow internet and computers @Captain_Lucky lol..my rig is RIDICULOUS there isn’t a game out I can’t play on high settings and be smooth. Yet a 2D game from 1997 I walk near the houses that created this outcry for a fix. The few Luna houses and Jup’s yew house, I rubberband like crazy, have locked up completely or completely crashed, ruining my gameplay so u can show off sweeet looties. Must be my Wal-Mart PC. None of you nerds are quitting, or downsizing. It’s like momma Mesanna took away your dessert and you’re having hissy fits.
  • Cazador said:
    I like how you keep saying people with slow internet and computers @ Captain_Lucky lol..my rig is RIDICULOUS there isn’t a game out I can’t play on high settings and be smooth. Yet a 2D game from 1997 I walk near the houses that created this outcry for a fix. The few Luna houses and Jup’s yew house, I rubberband like crazy, have locked up completely or completely crashed, ruining my gameplay so u can show off sweeet looties. Must be my Wal-Mart PC. None of you nerds are quitting, or downsizing. It’s like momma Mesanna took away your dessert and you’re having hissy fits.

People need one maybe 2 accounts. If you screw up their housing there's no need for 8 accounts anymore. I have 3 accounts and I'm not really thinking seriously about dropping any. But I sure don't have any incentive to reopen any old accounts until we see what kinda fix/switch they come up with.