Char copy?!?!??! You gotta be sh*&^%g me!

Can't copy a char to test to place houses to look at and pick from?  Because did a transfer shard to shard and that timer isn';t up?  

Gotta wait to copy, well if copy takes the same timer as transver, then I won't be able to copy tomorrow either, since I am taking that char home!

So to make a decision on houses, I have to wait another two days to scope em out.  It gets harder and harder to hang on here...Fer cryin out loud, break copy free from the transfer timer!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• hunter11hunter11 Posts: 223
    dont copy a character over to test you can just make one there to try a house out?
    then just bring your desired character home?
    im sure its the only way they know how to do it otherwise it would be able to be exploited with the transfer shields and theres some kind of mechanic that they need the timer there for 
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Well if I jkust make one there, he doesnt have the 20-50 mil needed to place.  The existing char there didnt

In retrospect, aint that big a deal...made it 20 years without one of those, will make a bit longer.  Just seems really weird tho, to have the two tied together

i thought they start you with x amount on test.. not sure what it is
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Sad but it has always been like this.
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    Start with 2 million, not 50 million. I tried to place there myself to see all, not just the new ones and at first I could not even find a spot to place one. :) Then did not have the money.:D
    Gidge said:
    Start with 2 million, not 50 million. I tried to place there myself to see all, not just the new ones and at first I could not even find a spot to place one. :) Then did not have the money.:D
    Yeah my experience as well,  Finally found a spot, then wouldnt let me place cause there wasn't enough coin
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    All the currently available houses can be seen by following the links on this page https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/houses-placing-a-house/
    • Publish 101 added one keep style and five castle styles which can be seen on this page .
    • Publish 103 added a further six keeps the styles of which can be seen on this page.
    • Publish 104 added a further six castles the styles of which can be seen on this page.

To test place with a character copied from a permanent shard follow these steps:
    1. add to the transfer account of the character to be copied sufficient funds to place the keep or castles you want to test.
    2. Copy the character.
    3. The character hasn't actually travelled anywhere, therefore neither have the funds. Remove the funds from the transfer account, returning them back to the bank.

• at least you can (theoretically) copy characters over to TC.
    Us Siege Perilous players can't character copy at all (probably because of the no shard transfer rule) and thus are exempt from most of the testing these days.
  • ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    The stone in Brit commons is still up so you can go visit each one of the winners.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    edited March 2019
    @ZekeTerra Are you sure I logged into TC last night and my Chars were wiped and as I can not use char copy due to having my shard runner out at this time I just logged off.