TOWN BONUS

why do we have so many towns with the same town bonus's id really like to have a town with the hit chance buff again i need it and we have what four towns with swing speed and now none with hci?? three towns or two with fast cast this is crazy...

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited March 2019
    The governor chooses the town bonus, people elect the governors. 

These are self regulated. 

Also. You “need it”? 
    I suggest not building your suits around temporary bonuses that are only available to blues. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• hunter11hunter11 Posts: 223
    can anyone even tell me what the town buffs are?
    they shouldn't be temporary their should be a bonus that doesnt repeat 4 times 
    plus i didnt build my suit around it... its a bonus that ive now decided to use since its an option 
    edited March 2019
    we have five towns running the 5 swing speed increase really.....
    edited March 2019
    @Bleak can we just set the towns to a certain thing and leave it this is crazy five towns with the same thing 
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    Was a broken system from day one... many pointed it out... but Devs usually take the high road ignoring any voice of reason... the governors even hold meetings together but can't even provide all of the availabe buffs. Not much you can do though..
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
    I don’t understand what this has to do with the devs? It’s controlled by the divs not the devs.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

edited March 2019
    Mervyn said:
    I don’t understand what this has to do with the devs? It’s controlled by the divs not the devs.
    The developers created that system? You are a bit delusional if you think govenors are voted by a large group of individuals rather than single individuals with large groups of accounts.

A single account has basically zero influence and has to hope that some town might have the desired buff. If not.. tough luck..

I had times on Atlantic where the governor didn't even renew the buff for weeks, with plenty of funds in town from us citicens doing trade runs. Super discouraging, maybe you understand.

Just change the system so everyone can pick his desired buff, and let the RPers do their governor thing without affecting the rest of the players.
    This stupid thread is a duplicate, the only reason this is even a big deal for people is because you can’t purge magic the buff off and it remains after death. That is what should be changed about this buff.
    There are other things where you can’t choose what buff you get, the Sphynx you can even end up with a de-buff. Throwing a coin in the lucky fountain you get a random buff. You have some control of the buff. You can bribe a governor if it’s that big a deal to you. 

edited March 2019
    Mervyn said:
    You can bribe a governor if it’s that big a deal to you. 
    Sounds like perfect game design xD I will still opt for just having the choice, like many players before me wished for as well. You do your bribe thing, no problem.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    I suggest people stop telling other people how to play UO.  Everybody pays their sub as is free to play UO any way they want to.  Giving help when asked is one thing but you do not own UO so stop telling everybody what they should or should not do.
    i mean five towns with the same bonus is out of control
    governor's are @tahani, @house mouse, @akeeta, @Belladonna, and @tethran tarm... can we switch one town back to hci instead of having 5 with ssi 11 possible buffs and 9 possible towns but the only have three to choose from because 5 want to run ssi
     there is currently a ballot up in britain to vote on this issue please do the responsible thing and get this changed too many towns with the same thing
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    hunter11 said:
    governor's are @ tahani, @ house mouse, @ akeeta, @ Belladonna, and @ tethran tarm... can we switch one town back to hci instead of having 5 with ssi 11 possible buffs and 9 possible towns but the only have three to choose from because 5 want to run ssi
    Go to a Governor's meeting and bring it up to them. I see your primary shard is Atl, I am surprised that with the amount of people there that this is happening, unless you have 5 diff Gov who all run big guilds who all would prosper from SSI and don't get along. If you can't get them to change it then set yourself up to be a Gov next election cycle in June. Take it to the people! *raises her fist*
    id never win im an a-hole who pvps not liked enough to win but you can be a citizen of a town and use the buff and not like them 
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    hunter11 said:
    id never win im an a-hole who pvps not liked enough to win but you can be a citizen of a town and use the buff and not like them 
    Regardless of your sketchy character... I am sure there are others in your same boat that would like use of the buff. If anything, find a charismatic soul in your group who would do it, and support them for the position.

Remember, it's not about likability, it's who will get the job done.
    i wasn't saying i'm "sketchy" just that im a short tempered a-hole i haven't done anyone wrong to lose but i just dont see myself winning in any universe of atlantic being run by tram players who are big in the community