in game macros classic client

ive been trying to make a mount dismount macro in classic client i wonder why there isnt an easy way to do this anyone care to explain? ive managed to make a complicated way to mount my pet with a few macro commands but i cannot figure out how to dismount myself

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I also couldn't figure it on classic client, but the problem with using uo macros to mount is that i found it messed up my last target (I was targeting my horsey with spells)
    UOAssist or illegal equivalent is the way to go.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    It has always, and still does, amaze me about UOAssist.  For the life of me, I can't figure out why the devs, who have access to all the codes, cannot make an official one that starts up when you start up UO, it baffles and befuddles me.

3rd party coders are out there doing all this, so it can be done, and isn't impossible.  An official version could be updated with every patch, so you didnt lose its utility for a day or two after patches.

How about it @Kyronix, can we get something here?
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I don't think that's the avenue they want to go down, i think instead they're trying to incorporate the uoassist features into the game so you don't need to run a separate GUI. They started with the dress/arm macros, and use object macros. But i can't really see UOAssist or equivalent being phased out this decade.

Even what you would think would be just a simple use object macro that they introduced has a couple of bugs that stops people using them:

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 270
    edited March 2019
    Mervyn said:
    I don't think that's the avenue they want to go down, i think instead they're trying to incorporate the uoassist features into the game so you don't need to run a separate GUI. 
    Should of been incorporated in the game within a year or two of release. Certainly not any reflection of the current management but a gross oversight from years long past.

+20 yrs later & UO is still the ONLY game I’ve EVER played where I had to purchase another program (UOA) to run the game I purchased.