Luck Suit for Tamer

Need advice on a Luck suit for my tamer. Any advice.  I am a Mage Tamer with no Eval

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited March 2019
    You want to know how to craft one? 

Base pieces are lucky charm (clean-up points) minax’s sandals (shadowguard) luck 140 robe (could get from harbinger can now get from blackthorns). Armour of fortune (from doom). Leurocian Mempo of fortune.

jewelry, most prefer the novo/etiolle bleu set (but is possible to get 50 more luck if you don’t care about having FC/FCR)

All other pieces you reforge to get 150 luck with low end runic, select powerful, grand, and inspired. Choose auspicious/of Fortune and then imbue with LRC/LMC. Enhance with a forged metal of artifacts to 190. One handed weap make a mage weapon, spell chan with dci. (Shield should be spell chan with dci too)

If you have meditation craft medible pieces, if not, go for studded leather for the lower mana cost. And remove mage armor from armor of fortune at the mage guildmaster in new haven.

Cloak, sash, and apron slot are dealer’s choice.

carry a lucky statue (10th anniversary sculpture)
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• ArronArron Posts: 485
    Thanks for the information. I will look into it. I have all the Artifacts you mentioned except the Mempo OF Fortune. I can attempt to reforge some other pices I am missing like the sleevesand leggings. I have a pair of Artifact Gloves and the  Novo set. Also have the 140 Luck robe. I will see what these pecies look like later today. I have a feeling the resist will not be the best. Can you still get the Mempo of Fortune from spawn?

You might struggle on resists yeah, the Mempo as far as I’m aware is no longer obtainable but they are still out on the markets. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Mervyn said:
    You might struggle on resists yeah, the Mempo as far as I’m aware is no longer obtainable but they are still out on the markets. 
    Thank you..
    edited March 2019
    I’d wait for other people’s input before crafting anything though. As I read that I “prove daily that I know squat about UO” and that I’m “totally clueless.” Bilbo March 3rd 2019

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204

Nobody knows exactly what factors into luck but I can tell you from experience, I have gotten more quality items without luck than I ever have with a luck suit.

• TimTim Posts: 790
    edited March 2019
    Before you get too carried away with "pay for play" (the artifacts you don't have) or crafting I suggest you check out http://www.uoguide.com/Luck. If the math is still valid and current it give a good explanation of how luck works and the calculators let you play with different numbers. What I got from the page is it is a game of diminishing returns. After a certain point more luck has a lesser and lesser effect.

It indicates that more luck moves your loot into the higher end of possible range but if the RNG daemon hates you you will get crap. My experience matches what is on that web page and no luck doesn't mean no good items.
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    edited March 2019
    Oh and don't overlook cheeper alternatives "Sloes of Providence"  80 luck and "Robe of Eclipse" 95 luck. Both relatively easy to get or cheep to buy (once the new vendors come out)
  • King_GregKing_Greg Posts: 248
    Leather armor 

Horned Kits 
    Check these options

Grand 
    Inspired 
    Exalted 
    Sublime 

Name 1: Mystic of Sorcery 
    Name 2: Auspicious of Fortune 

You will get 
    Mana Regeneration 3 
    Luck 150 

Since you have to enhance with spined Leather, I would suggest trying to craft pieces with very low physical resist (2-3). Be sure to imbue the armor before Enhancing. 

If you don't care about resists you can also go this route 

Barbed Kit 

Powerful
    Grand 
    Inspired 
    Exalted 

Name 1: Arcane of Wizardry 

It will randomly Roll the second Name, so you just have to pray for it to land on Auspicious of Fortune. And then pray again that it gets the right mods, But you could theoretically get. 

Mr 4 
    Lmc 8 
    Lrc 20 
    Luck 150 

edited March 2019
    I actually would recommend against doing the above. Cost aside, if you get a piece with MR3 and luck 150, you’ll have less imbuing space to put LRC, LMC and resists on. 

Also, I’m not at my PC at the moment to check but there are some named items you can’t choose with higher end runics (I haven’t yet documented this in the wikis) I’ve a feeling that auspicious/of fortune may be one of them? 

Ah sorry I re-read, the auspicious/of fortune would have to be a random second roll. Well at 5 charges per roll, the costs get way out of hand. 

• KronalKronal Posts: 84
    Mempo for neck - 300
    Etoli Set- 400
    Armor of fortune - 200
    6 pieces at 190 (Head/Arms/Gloves/Legs/Shield/1H weapon) - 1140
    Minax Sandals - 150
    Luck Robe -140
    Lucky Charm - 150

Total Luck - 2480 Luck.

After that you can add to your luck with the combination of Luck Statue (200 luck plus 50 luck bonus for each year your account is active), Fel Bonus (1000 Bonus in luck) and perfection bonus (1000 Max) bringing your absolute total possible luck bonus to 5680 When hunting in fel.

HOWEVER

3982 is the amount of luck needed to increase the amount of loot AND the quality of loot to 100% of the time.
    edited March 2019
    Kronal said:
    Mempo for neck - 300
    Etoli Set- 400
    Armor of fortune - 200
    Minax Sandals - 150
    Luck Robe -140
    Lucky Charm - 150

Total Luck - 2480 Luck.

After that you can add to your luck with the combination of Luck Statue (200 luck plus 50 luck bonus for each year your account is active), Fel Bonus (1000 Bonus in luck) and perfection bonus (1000 Max) bringing your absolute total possible luck bonus to 5680 When hunting in fel.

HOWEVER

3982 is the amount of luck needed to increase the amount of loot AND the quality of loot to 100% of the time.
    I have every special item or artifact except the Menpo. The 4 armor pieces and Shield and weapon I have are 140 luck each. Insted of the Mempo I have the Lucky Necklace  at 200 luck.
    edited March 2019
    Kronal said:
    absolute total possible luck bonus to 5680 When hunting in fel.

That is incorrect, Compassion’s eye plus bracelet of primal consumption will give you 50 more luck on jewels.

(plus if I wanted to be a pedant the Sphynx can temporarily give +80 luck and if you throw a lucky coin in the fountain of fortune you get a chance of +400 luck)

but again it’s well documented that I know squat about this game and am totally clueless, says it in black and white on this very website. 

Mervyn said:
    I actually would recommend against doing the above. Cost aside, if you get a piece with MR3 and luck 150, you’ll have less imbuing space to put LRC, LMC and resists on. 

Also, I’m not at my PC at the moment to check but there are some named items you can’t choose with higher end runics (I haven’t yet documented this in the wikis) I’ve a feeling that auspicious/of fortune may be one of them? 
    You can pick auspicious of fortune with a horned kit so long as you don't have powerful checked.

I literally craft all day long. You can always lower the Mana regeneration down to make room, but horned kits are still the easiest way to get clean 150 luck items for a mage. If you want Above the imbued cap though you will have to roll the dice with a barbed kit. 

If you need a quick fix you can use spined kits with both Negatives, but it would be a short lived piece. When you factor the cost of enhance tools and the % Chance to fail enhancing luck pieces, it's not really worth it in the long run. 

So the cheapest/easiest Is probably horned runic:
    select grand
    inspired: auspicious/of fortune

No need for exalted. 

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Mervyn said:
    select grand

No need for exalted. 

Just so mervyn wont keep saying it over and over.  Mervyn does know about the "Hidden" attributes on armor.  He also knows the ins and outs of reforging and imbuing.  

I can not verify his prowess at PvP or if he plays long enough for his armor to wear out.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Mervyn said:
    select grand

No need for exalted. 

The you roll the dice on 1-3 Mods that you don't need and it's a 27 sided dice. Not to mention that 150 luck will not proc with certain mods from a horned kit so even just landing some mods will kill the 150 luck from happening. Picking the 2 names I mentioned before and you will only get Mana regen 3 + 150 luck. No other 150 luck combinations come from it.

I'll burn 100 kits later just to prove my point. 
    edited March 2019
    I see what you’re saying yes, I remember doing the same thing myself now that I think back. I stand corrected. 

• KronalKronal Posts: 84
    Mervyn said:
    Kronal said:
    absolute total possible luck bonus to 5680 When hunting in fel.

That is incorrect, Compassion’s eye plus bracelet of primal consumption will give you 50 more luck on jewels.

(plus if I wanted to be a pedant the Sphynx can temporarily give +80 luck and if you throw a lucky coin in the fountain of fortune you get a chance of +400 luck)

but again it’s well documented that I know squat about this game and am totally clueless, says it in black and white on this very website. 
    You are correct, however I think you missed the actual point to my post. You don't actually need top end stuff when in reality you can gain up to 3200 luck (Fel, statue, Bushido) without a single piece of luck armor.  That leaves about 782 luck to get 100% intensity and 100% loot count increase.  Personally I find 1000-1200 on a suit works nicely in conjunction with the other ways to gain the luck bonus.
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    keep in mind speed of killing.  will always trump luck.  in max luck suit you get like one extra roll for quality, and a roll for a few possible more items.

if your killing things twice as fast in non luck suit vrs luck suit, your essentially getting double the rolls.  which is better than any luck suit.

luck helps, but only if it doesnt effect the speed at which your killing / looting.
    He’s a tamer mage without eval, there’s not really anything he can do.

Mervyn said:
    That I am. "Hangs head in shame" 
    Arron said:
    Mervyn said:
    Don't let players convince you of this. 

Slap on a mage weapon Magical Short bow, hit 100% Damage increase, 150 Strength. You'll do 30-40 base damage hits as an elf, 35-46 as a human. You slap a regular slayer on the bow or a super slayer on bow + Cameo  and it goes to 115-138 after damage modifiers for a human, You can craft 100% Elemental bows so you don't need consecrate, or you can just build your suits to use the elemental quivers for at least 50% Damage change. 

You can also put hit lower defense on the bows to make your pets hit more often, or hit lower attack to make them hit your pets less often. Or just hit chance increase on the bow if you can't fit it on the suit. 

Magical Shortbow 
    Mage Weapon -20 
    Spell Channeling 
    Slayer 
    Hit Lower Defense / Hit Lower Attack / Hit Chance 
    Damage Increase / Swing Speed Increase (Depending on suit build) 

King_Greg said:
    Arron said:
    Mervyn said:
    Don't let players convince you of this. 

Slap on a mage weapon Magical Short bow, hit 100% Damage increase, 150 Strength. You'll do 30-40 base damage hits as an elf, 35-46 as a human. You slap a regular slayer on the bow or a super slayer on bow + Cameo  and it goes to 115-138 after damage modifiers for a human, You can craft 100% Elemental bows so you don't need consecrate, or you can just build your suits to use the elemental quivers for at least 50% Damage change. 

You can also put hit lower defense on the bows to make your pets hit more often, or hit lower attack to make them hit your pets less often. Or just hit chance increase on the bow if you can't fit it on the suit. 

Magical Shortbow 
    Mage Weapon -20 
    Spell Channeling 
    Slayer 
    Hit Lower Defense / Hit Lower Attack / Hit Chance 
    Damage Increase / Swing Speed Increase (Depending on suit build) 

I will have to look into that idea. I never thought I would be able to do much damage with a mage weapon. Thanks for the input and info King Greg.
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    King_Greg said:
    Mervyn said:
    select grand

No need for exalted. 

The you roll the dice on 1-3 Mods that you don't need and it's a 27 sided dice. Not to mention that 150 luck will not proc with certain mods from a horned kit so even just landing some mods will kill the 150 luck from happening. Picking the 2 names I mentioned before and you will only get Mana regen 3 + 150 luck. No other 150 luck combinations come from it.

I'll burn 100 kits later just to prove my point. 
    Has anything changed? I tested on test center today and I've only got 1 piece of MR3 + 150 luck combo out of more than 50 pieces reforged (so more than 250 charges using a horned runic) , while a lot more time those pieces don't come with 150 luck, and I will get other properties such as lower mana cost, int bonus etc... . I'm wondering what do you by "you will *only* get MR3 + 150 luck" 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    why do people not like the bracelet of primal consumption ? with 200 luck and 20 in every resistance i use on all my luck suits who wants crappy resistance?? 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited September 2020
    McDougle said:
    why do people not like the bracelet of primal consumption ? with 200 luck and 20 in every resistance i use on all my luck suits who wants crappy resistance?? 
    And if you are a mage, The ring, compassions eye, has 250 luck.

I would think the only reason not to use those is because they want skills on jewels.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Mervyn said:
    You want to know how to craft one?
    ... Luck 140 robe (could get from harbinger can now get from blackthorns)...
     from harbinger comes the Robe without luck.
    The conjurer's garb robe with luck is from Halloween 2009 quest chain.

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Kronal said:
    Mempo for neck - 300
    Etoli Set- 400
    Armor of fortune - 200
    Minax Sandals - 150
    Luck Robe -140
    Lucky Charm - 150

Total Luck - 2480 Luck.

HOWEVER

And how exactly does a Tamer go about getting the Perfection bonus to luck ?
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.