epaulette

can we get an epaulette version of the hawkwinds robe? how many would like to see this 
  1. would you like to see an epaulette version of the hawkwind's?25 votes
    1. yes
      84.00%
    2. no
        4.00%
    3. i dont want to see more options in this game
      12.00%

Comments

• I would like an epaulette version of everything. One of the cooler things they've come up with.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • XareXare Posts: 124
    Who had to google what Epaulettes were?
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Reason I use them is so I can enable/disable spell focusing sash on CC without having to derobe. I guess i’d prefer the ability to make a macro to do so. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• yes, please,  hawkwinds robe is ugly.
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    I'm okay with options so long as nothing over-sized and silly looking, Hawkwind's robe isn't that bad in the EC, it is a bit arts-n-crafts looking but it's not as bad as having to wear a man-robe in the CC which some items used to be.
  • ArronArron Posts: 485
    xxxVideo said:
    yes, please,  hawkwinds robe is ugly.
    Its not the best looking but trust me if I got one on the roof I would wear it for the mods. :)

• It's funny. Years ago people begged for a hooded cloak with mods that would cover all their mismatched armor. Now they want the same item in an Epaulet. Years ago people complained that there was too much neon in game now they beg for more neon dyes. Years ago people HATED super modded items because they were unbalanced now everyone begs for 15+ mods on items. Just goes to show that everyone in UO will not be happy with anything for very long.
    ICQ 568300481
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    It's funny. Years ago people begged for a hooded cloak with mods that would cover all their mismatched armor. Now they want the same item in an Epaulet. Years ago people complained that there was too much neon in game now they beg for more neon dyes. Years ago people HATED super modded items because they were unbalanced now everyone begs for 15+ mods on items. Just goes to show that everyone in UO will not be happy with anything for very long.
    You are confusing a vocal minority with everybody. Just because there are a few posts on a subject does Not mean the majority of players care. I really do believe some of the "hot button topics" with loud and vehement defenders are just one or two players.

Some of my characters have hooded cloaks others look better in Epaulets. Is there a problem with having both options?

Neon is an aesthetic choice, so no right or wrong just fun to argue about.

Super modded items are a real issue the developers deal with dally.

Not trying to pick on you but as I said fun to argue about :)
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    I voted yes. Id even buy some kind of tool from the store if it allowed us to convert other armour to different styles (cosmetic only).
  • I really wish there was a way to "modify" items of the same slot with another item of that slot and have it take on the mods and destroy the original.  I was happy to see the new items in Blackthorns Dungeon but who has the time to get 100 minors to replace an item you already have.  I'd like  to have an Obi or Ninja Belt version of a Crimmy or Tangle but the drop rate is so ridiculously low that it would take you a year to replace it.  Give us a box like the one in Moonglow so you can change the item to another format.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    ZekeTerra said:
    I really wish there was a way to "modify" items of the same slot with another item of that slot and have it take on the mods and destroy the original.  I was happy to see the new items in Blackthorns Dungeon but who has the time to get 100 minors to replace an item you already have.  I'd like  to have an Obi or Ninja Belt version of a Crimmy or Tangle but the drop rate is so ridiculously low that it would take you a year to replace it.  Give us a box like the one in Moonglow so you can change the item to another format.

I haven't been inside of Blackthorns since the interest faded in doing the town area. The drop rate seemed reasonable with the lighthouse area but the difficulty seems rather harsh now that it's not a popular spot.

I think your idea of changing formats could make a fantastic vet reward of some kind.

• hunter11hunter11 Posts: 223
    i suggest they make it an item we can buy in the uo store they make money we get an item we want 
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited February 2019
    ZekeTerra said:
    (...)  Give us a box like the one in Moonglow so you can change the item to another format.
    Ehr, I beg you pardon for my ignorance, but what box are you referring to?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Ivenor said:
    ZekeTerra said:
    (...)  Give us a box like the one in Moonglow so you can change the item to another format.
    Ehr, I beg you pardon for my ignorance, but what box are you referring to?

Not sure if still there but there is a box you place a human vet robe into and it turns it into one a gargoyle can wear.  

He wants a box like that to change the robe into an epaulet.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    id just like to buy it off of the uo store help the game to help myself 
    any chance we can do this?
  • GraceGrace Posts: 148
    Not so good with house deco but I really like to make my character look good!

Any way to give more options to what our outfits look like would be great.  Call it
    Artistic Expression!  ;)

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Grace said:
    Not so good with house deco but I really like to make my character look good!

Any way to give more options to what our outfits look like would be great.  Call it
    Artistic Expression!  ;)

I would be willing to buy an Epaulet from the store that can take the properties from a Robe and destroy the robe. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • I love to dress up in this game, or as my one friend calls it.. ultimate dress up barbie!
    But hawkwinds robe only has one look. I think Hunter11 may have the right idea by creating a uo store item to help the game to help ourselves honestly.  Be it a tool or the actual item, both have possibilities and consequences i think i could deal with.
  • GraceGrace Posts: 148
    It would be great for a vet reward imo. Similar to the tool that gives color to an ethy mount.

• SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    i went with no.  hawkwind's robe is very powerful.  tradeoff is that its ugly.  i think thats balanced and i dont want to re-do any suits.  none are built around hawkwinds because its just too ugly.  so i dont want to have to change anything.
    well thats my problem i dont use the hawkwinds because its ugly but if they made a better version i would use it and say they sold it on the store or you did doubloon pirate stuff to get it that would be cool