Pub 104 - Cannon Crafting & Firing

Comments

• been testing out the processes today an i must say, Thank you @Kyronix @Bleak and @Mesanna. these changes are great.  the crafting is much less frustrating and time consuming.  the damage has been adjusted satisfactorily and the firing is simpler but still immersive enough to not seem like an Easy button.  i'll be testing it this weekend off and on to see if everything works like it is supposed to, but so far so good. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Kyronix said:
    I think moving the charges to alchemy is fair, so long as the tailoring skill is still required as a secondary, which we can do. 

I don't see a lot of mileage out of changing the ramrod - it lasts forever and you only need one.  I don't think there's any shortage of ramrods out there.
    Since you were able to change everything to "make all" there really isn't a need to change what skill this is under.  it's not taking long at all to make the stuff, so it isn't as big as a problem anymore

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    edited February 2019
    After considering the change, I don't foresee changing any of the crafting schools to which the materials belong.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Great, will you also be leaving in that merchant ships now fire on players for no reason, and scuttle our ships faster than we can scuttle theirs ?
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    Great, will you also be leaving in that merchant ships now fire on players for no reason, and scuttle our ships faster than we can scuttle theirs ?
    Need more information to determine what was going if they fired upon you without being fired on. See my response in the other thread related to what could be the cause of you getting scuttled faster.
    They were engaged with a sea serpent, as soon as my ship got close to theirs it started firing and its cannons appeared to be doing way more damage than mine.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Thank you for making the cannons dyeable. I could never remember port from starboard, especially if I was twisting and turning to chase a boat. Now my port cannons are purple which helps tremendously.
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    A suggestion about fishing since this is High Seas revamp.

Almost every fishing complaint I hear is that the named crab/lobsters are over the top in possibility to get (impossibility to get enough?).  And then throw in the fact that they are the hardest critter to get for the order and when you do get a bunch, half of them are just the normal ones and do not even work  on the orders. It's really not much fun to entice a new player or even a vet to try fishing orders.

If you will not fix this then I would suggest that the crab/lobsters go in their own orders with extra special higher rewards so that people can decide whether or not they want to accept the order.
  • Grapeshot graphics non boat
    the art work looks great however there is no land impact or water splashes so you have no idea what your hitting ir even if you are even close to your desired target. 
    Can we get empact graphics fir this. It will not only look better when combat but we wont be left with the question did we even hit anything and if not how far off were we. And thus we would know if any adjustment is needed
  • Kyronix on Cats, I sell pretty much make and supply all the shards ship supplies. Now with the publishes for test the Cannonballs and Grapeshot has lost the Heavy and Light tags as said in notes. Should I even bother to keep making the light ones as they lost their tags but still can make them ? The menu lists them twice. 1 with the heavy materials needed and one with the light materials needed. I just don't want to waste the time to make them and try to list them as light now that the tag is gone. I guess what I am getting at is, if they are all converting over soon (March) I should just stick with the heavy ones and just sell those ? I figure the light ones won't convert over with the tags lost and the time and materials will be lost, right ? Thank you.

The Heavy and Light will not stack together even with the tags lost.

@Lord_Bytor - once Rising Tide goes live all ammo will essentially become "heavy" - despite what it used to be.  Even if you craft a bunch of light munitions over the next couple weeks once the publish goes WW the system will drop all the tags and treat everything the same.  If I were you I would sell heavy charges, since that seems to be what most everyone uses anyway.  
  • Loading gump. 
    It wirks well and looks good now there is a couple things is like changed can we get a progress indicator. 
    its hard to tell if anything is happening in the gump level. And when solo hunting you really dont have the time to look at your char to see if its bowing up and down to indicate loading when trying to navigate the ship to avoid incoming fire. Especially when being ingaged in combat with multiple pirate ships

so at the top it would be nice to see the status word change from just status to info about the cannon. 
    Chang status to be
    unloaded
    loading charge
    loading ammo
    loading fuse
    ready to fire 
    and if something goes wrong 
    out of powder
    out of ammo
    out of fuses
    its really hard to spot the system messages to see the <missing reagent>
    Line amongest all the other messages you see about the loading process
    You could also just remove the prepair button while actively loading 
    i have hit the prepair button several times not knowing if it was being prepaired

would also be helpful to swap the unload and the fire button. Ive accidentally unloaded my cannons a bunch when in the heat of battle trying to prep them while trying to dodge around ship im in combat with 
  • Kyronix said:
    @ Lord_Bytor - once Rising Tide goes live all ammo will essentially become "heavy" - despite what it used to be.  Even if you craft a bunch of light munitions over the next couple weeks once the publish goes WW the system will drop all the tags and treat everything the same.  If I were you I would sell heavy charges, since that seems to be what most everyone uses anyway.  
    Thank you very much for the quick response and suggestion. It will save me a lot of time now ;)
    What are everyone's thoughts on the slew of system messages you get on a ship while using the cannons?  They are kind of leftover from when cannon firing didn't include a gump, and I think they get too spammy - does anyone rely on these messages or is it safe to assume they are no longer needed?
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    the messages are very annoying... especially when you have more than one person on the cannons. I haven't tried the battles with a group on test center yet, to see if its still as annoying
  • i don't rely on them the only message needed would be "you are too far away to reach that" 

• KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
    edited February 2019
    Kyronix said:
    What are everyone's thoughts on the slew of system messages you get on a ship while using the cannons?  They are kind of leftover from when cannon firing didn't include a gump, and I think they get too spammy - does anyone rely on these messages or is it safe to assume they are no longer needed?

To be honest, I never really noticed the journal messages before (EC), but now that I am paying attention to them, oh boy do they spam! I wouldn't miss them at all. I have probably missed a lot of chat messages while out pirating on live! Besides, you can bring up the control gump for a cannon and if someone else is controlling it you can see its status that way, I think the journal messages are redundant.

I did a bunch more Plunderbeacons this weekend and I think the loot on them is in a better place. It looks like you get a Mythical crate from the Lighthouse destruction each time (or I just got lucky). Since this crate is going to be worth more than other crates it could be incentive enough to do the beacons (would need to see reward cost to make a better assessment). I averaged 3-4 pieces of cargo from the Orcish Crew, so 4-5 crates total from a Beacon. 

This is on par with what I typically get from a Dread Pirate ship, but the Mythical drop from the lighthouse could offset the increased risk from the plunderbeacons.

I did run into 2 groups of orcish crew on the water with no plunderbeacon (both were in the water in Eastern Tokuno). I was able to kill the orcish crew (and they gave cargo drops), however the collision for the plunderbeacon seems to be there, as I was unable to pilot my boat through their corpses.

One concern I have is the spawn rate of Pirate Ships and Plunderbeacons once this goes live. There will (hopefully) be a lot more people doing High Seas content, so the seas could become very crowded. It can often take me several minutes to find a pirate ship when I am the only one in the area pirating, so with even a couple more people in the water at the same time, there may be a serious drought of pirates. Has this been accounted for when the publish goes live? 

https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

• Kyronix said:
    I am so glad you asked! My husband and I both missed you asking this earlier but we keep saying to one another what a bummer all the spam is! We personally don't depend on any of that for information. Instead we're always trying to look through, under and around it!

Thanks! 
  • so far its been a great set of additions (minus the pet,  its cool and all and makes a great addition but thinking something that would be more useful in ocean battles (ie something that can leave the ship when commanded to attack) would  be much more in order with high seas)

I also agree with Lilygrace the cannon spam was never really helpful and when doing group battles where you mad many crew members loading and firing cannons it completely overwhelms the system.

now to my original thought that brought me here

I like the beacon combat its quiet interesting to have to pit my ship combat skills which normally are fully in the state of hitting a moving target and trying to avoid getting hit at the same time.
    the idea of having to take on far far more heavenly armed stationary target presents a whole new and interesting challenge.
    And is upon that concept id like to ask on.
    Can we make a addition to the game under the realm of island based strong holds.  Things like a small island surrounded by impassable mountains with only 1 way in that is bared with strong gates and wall defenses that must be over come and destroyed before you can sail into the interior of the island and assault a small defending fleet of ships before being able to reach the island strong hold castle or keep and attack it.  then once you have destroyed the outer defenses and knocked down the main bearer blocking the door way allowing you to finally enter the keep and battle down into its vault rooms and plunder the goods stored there.  This would be a faction based idea so you would find merchant or pirate strong holds earning you loot based upon which side you attacked and rep with the opposing faction.

if not thats ok but would also like to put up for consideration which would be a rep thing as well and would expand on the already in place trade missions.  This would be go take the crates we are now looting from ships and get a choice of delivery locations.  i know this is already the idea but i would like to add my idea of there being an alternative turn in place and that would be of course Bucs Den,  again giving this loot to a special person there for  credit to the pirate faction, instead of the merchants guild / cities.  this would be supper if you could also incorporate some kind of loot system / turn in system that would give us access to pirate types of rewards and such
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    edited March 2019

...And is upon that concept id like to ask on.
    Can we make a addition to the game under the realm of island based strong holds.  Things like a small island surrounded by impassable mountains with only 1 way in ...
    Something along these lines could be a fun way to add better loot connected with fishers and fighters of pirates, connecting it to the Dread Pirate maps being talked about. Perhaps game mechanics that work along the lines of Corgul the Soulbinder. 

How the Dread Pirate map is found tbd. Sail off with your map. Find the location. Island pops. Kill off spawn before you can get to treasure chest local. Did up chest.

Edit: Off topic for this thread I reckon tho. Sorry
    @Kyronix
    When will we be able to test the Maritime Trade Cargo ? And also, when you open a gate (Siege) or recall on production shard, with an NPC ship nearby, they sail away. Is this by design, or can you possibly correct it, if it's not supposed to be happening ?

Thank you

@ Kyronix
    When will we be able to test the Maritime Trade Cargo ? And also, when you open a gate (Siege) or recall on production shard, with an NPC ship nearby, they sail away. Is this by design, or can you possibly correct it, if it's not supposed to be happening ?

Thank you
    You can currently get the cargo on TC1 - unless you are referring to something else?
    I mean actually turn the cargo in to the proper city and see whats inside or what the reward is ? Im assuming this was the replacement for increasing the loot and/or adding the missing stuff like Frostwood etc ?

I mean actually turn the cargo in to the proper city and see whats inside or what the reward is ? Im assuming this was the replacement for increasing the loot and/or adding the missing stuff like Frostwood etc ?
    I hope not. I'm hoping loot found on merchant and pirate ships is going to be revamped as well as the treasure chest and MIB loot. Among other things, I'd like to see granite added as a resource found as well.
    You can currently turn in the cargo to a city for gold into the city treasury.  You’ll get more out of turning it into the actual destination, but any city will take it.

We did a first pass on ship cargo, mainly included removing some of the food and tweaking the frost wood drop rate.  That’ll be live on TC1 in the next update.

As for the event rewards - the triton is one of them, as for the others, have to wait till the event goes live!  New rewards will be available each month!  Very exciting! :)
    Kyronix said:

You can currently turn in the cargo to a city for gold into the city treasury.  You’ll get more out of turning it into the actual destination, but any city will take it.
    Sorry if I missed something along the way but is this all we'll be able to do with the cargo? Drop it in the town crates to gain standing in the towns? Or is there more coming down the road?
    LilyGrace said:
    Kyronix said:

Sorry if I missed something along the way but is this all we'll be able to do with the cargo? Drop it in the town crates to gain standing in the towns? Or is there more coming down the road?
    You can do three things with a crate - deposit it to the destination city for its full value in GP, deposit it to any city for a fraction of its full value in GP, or sell it to a pirate merchant for doubloons that can be spent on event rewards (Like the Triton - and more to come when the event goes live!)
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    will the event be an ongoing event? or just til the next publish goes live?
    Thanks for the info, Kyronix!
    edited March 2019
    So where is Frostwood found, because I've yet to see any.