What do you guys think of an Archer as a class with its own skills.

Hi guys, what do you think of Archer being an actual class? Not sure how that would work but it might be to have archer specific skills. Or even build on as a type of ranger, though not necessarily a think of the wild.

As for skills it might have point blank shot like 1 to 3 tiles away from a mobile with a huge boost to accuracy and also a slight damage boost, and or possibly a penetrate armor ability. Was also thinking of sharp shooting, sharp shooting would give an accuracy boost at long rang, but would be like -20 -30 swing speed in that the swing time would be high but flight time might be shorter. This just so you get the idea.

As for ranger an archer ranger might act as a scout.

What do you guys think of this. I think it adds new play ability and enhances end game for players with a new type of alt to try out. 

Comments

• RockRock Posts: 567
    PenNPaper, are you aware of the special moves associated with each kind of bow weapon? I think all of them are listed in the Mondain's Legacy section of UOGuide's Special Moves page. Each weapon has a unique combination of 2 moves. That said, I'm not sure the specific abilities you mention are included as special moves, but the GUI infrastructure already exists for adding them. Like everything else, it comes down to developer time and player demand. I think they would be good capabilities.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • If they made it so that an Archer or Ranger got some really cool abilities like a multi-shot or dual wielding, where other classes cannot, that would be pretty sweet.

I would love to see the class shoot an arrow at every target in an 8 tile range lol.  

I would also love to see dual wielding swords or axes and getting in fast hits simliar to fencing.
    Dennis the Peasant: "Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony." 
    Arthur: "Be quiet!" 
    Dennis: "You can't expect to wield supreme power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!” 
    Monty Python & the Holy Grail
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    edited March 2018
    I would love to see the class shoot an arrow at every target in an 8 tile range lol.  

I would also love to see dual wielding swords or axes and getting in fast hits simliar to fencing.
    Having a multi-target special move would be no different than various magic attacks.  But IMO, instead of a general area of affect it should implemented as a cone attack in the direction targeted.  I.E. close foes would get hit harder, and the further away, the less the damage.

Swordsmanship has an available compensation for the fast speed of fencing.  The Lumberjacking skill adds a scaled damage bonus when the swordsman's weapon is an axe. I'm pretty sure the majority of swordsmen reject this option as builds are tight enough already, but it is there. (For a lumberjack tradesman, though, having the Lumberjacking skill go up while fighting is a lot less boring than chopping trees. They never fight back!)
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • SyncrosSyncros Posts: 116
    I think they need to revamp all the current skills and end the jack of all skills you can do currently.