Castle contest question

My castle is built and I have towers left unfinished at the top.  I would like to place statues on top of them rather than the spires etc that are in the deco menu.  I can add the statues after committing the building to show people what can be done with the towers (using a stone paver and a deeded statue). Will that be OK or will it cause any problems with the castle being accepted into the competition?   If you would like to see what I mean the castle is near Luna at 44 degrees 24 North, 29 degrees 48 West.  Owner is Thorn. I have one statue placed at the moment , I would like to do all the towers if it is allowable.

Comments

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Any item in deed form can be in the castle
    if you have a locked down item, then you can't enter the contest.
    so you should be good (neither item will be in the final design, if it is chosen)
  • WendyWendy Posts: 31
    Would the stone paver be counted as a locked down item?

• ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    @Wendy you can place stone pavers and they don't count as being locked down, but they will not copy over when they create the new winners castles.  I have found that sometimes a paver or block will end up in the moving crate if you go in customize mode and save it after placing them.
  • I have a similar question about the stone crafted walls and paver.

I'm leaving certain pieces out of the initial design and adding them with colored stone crafted pieces in order to emphasize what customizable options would be available to the house owner after the house is placed.

The stone crafted pieces do technically count as lockdowns so are they OK just for staging?

Will a house which would require some additional stone crafted pieces be a VALID submission?  Any house owner wishing to take advantage of the customizable options would have to be Time of Legends enabled.
    @Ezekiel_Zane you can use them, they just wont be in the final design, if chosen
    only the stuff put in using the customization, will copy (except if you do the staircase, they fill those in)
  • TheyCinderella said:
     (except if you do the staircase, they fill those in)
    They'll fill-in a custom stair case?  
    edited January 2019
    @Ezekiel_Zane they did with one of the castles from the very first contest
    The Feudal Castle
  • Didn't know that.  I was avoiding doing a custom staircase.

Hmm.. New ideas now.

Thanks.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    Hello! 
    Just double checking on what I'm reading here. We can submit a design that has deeded décor on the walls. The deeded items used to decorate don't interfere with copying the design over. And after we've submitted the design we can decorate with lock down items?

Thanks for the clarification!

you can't have locked down items in the castle.
    It wont let you submit or "I wish to lock this down" after submission.

only deeded items... the only other items are carpet or granite crafted pieces (that you have to click to be in place) but they wont be in the final design... unless its a staircase (that you used the gaza trick to create)
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    Ah! Okay! Thanks very much for sorting that out for me, Cinderella.
  • Ezekiel_ZaneEzekiel_Zane Posts: 326
    edited January 2019
    So I have two options for the stairs I did.  One is using the stone pavers, the other option is just using the rough stone blocks.  Either way is acceptable?

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779

The castle customizer will not let me commit my change because I do not have enough gold in the bank.  Do I need to go slay some mobs and collect enough gold to continue in the castle design contest?

• general chat

ask someone to give you some gold
  • transfer another character to TC!

automatically get 2mil,

take more gold with you using character transfer account
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Some walls require the gothic theme pack to place, if someone uses a gothic theme pack design and wins, will whoever goes to place the castle also require the gothic theme pack?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Has it been stated whether or not we receive credit back if we convert our current custom castles to one of the future choices, or do we lose that initial investment ?
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Just a feedback for castle designers, please consider a design without any door for the main entrance. I like and use the Spire Design, there is only only main entrance door. And yet I used a teleporter to get inside the house. 

Would be nice if the Dev can introduce door stoppers to keep doors opened, but until then...
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Seth said:
    Just a feedback for castle designers, please consider a design without any door for the main entrance. I like and use the Spire Design, there is only only main entrance door. And yet I used a teleporter to get inside the house. 

Would be nice if the Dev can introduce door stoppers to keep doors opened, but until then...

I was thinking security tiles. Only those allowed by the security settings may step on and over the tile. If you are not allowed on the tile you get bounced back like a teleport tile does to you.

• I'll leave the doors off one of my designs but you have to vote for it.  LOL.

The doors can then be added by the owner once it's placed.
  • Seth said:

I'll leave the doors off one of my designs but you have to vote for it.  LOL.

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Seth said:

I'll leave the doors off one of my designs but you have to vote for it.  LOL.

Noted and thanks,  :)
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Ezekiel_ZaneEzekiel_Zane Posts: 326
    edited January 2019

Hopefully people aren't like WTH, and don't vote for it w/o doors.

The doors are lockdowns so they can't stay in during the contest.  I just threw them down for the pic.

Also, currently the doors can't be on the outside wall.  For now at least, the house doesn't load just by stepping onto the step like normal classic houses do.  So you can't see the doors to open them.

Hopefully, again, once it's a classic house then the wall and doors will load when you step on the steps.  Otherwise, the doors have to be at least one tile inside the outside wall.