Field spells range needs fixed

Its time the range of field spells is set to same max distance as damage spells.  There should be no reason someone can cast any field spell including walls past ten tiles from their character.  Now that everyone has bigger screen sizes it is being exploited so bad.  @Bleak @Kyronix

Comments

• CadyCady Posts: 21
    Nah, they’re fine.
  • PaithanPaithan Posts: 120
    Its time the range of field spells is set to same max distance as damage spells.  There should be no reason someone can cast any field spell including walls past ten tiles from their character.  Now that everyone has bigger screen sizes it is being exploited so bad.  @ Bleak @ Kyronix
    Exploited?  It has literally been like that since inception. 
  • Yeah so has dbl clicking gates from two tiles away, does that mean its correct.  Why should one spell have a range limit and another doesn't?  Its just another bug that's been around since the beginning just like gate travel.
  • PaithanPaithan Posts: 120
    Yeah so has dbl clicking gates from two tiles away, does that mean its correct.  Why should one spell have a range limit and another doesn't?  Its just another bug that's been around since the beginning just like gate travel.
    The gate travel bug has been around for a long time, but not since implementation- so you are already incorrect.  A non damage spell should have a further range than a damage/healing spell.  Why wouldn't it?  You brought up screen size like that matters at all.
  • I havnt posted anything incorrect ever.  You just don't want it fixed cause you like that exploit unlike the gate travel cause people got away from you.   You really need read up game mechanics.   When someone casts a spell it uses the same reagents as every other spell, how is it certain ones get more distance then others, it literally makes no sense whatsoever.   If you come back with some kind of comment about LRC just go ahead and close your acct based on stupidity.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Spells do not have a documented range. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    If anything, this should be fixed for the sake of consistency.  -Unfortunately we all know how much 'consistency' matters around here.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • Damage spells have a 10 tile range and so does throwing down vortex or colossus.  Throwing heals and cures are limited to same 10 tile range.  Why is it field spells seem to have almost unlimited range, there is no reason for it.  A mage should be able to cast 10 tiles max regardless of what he is casting.   There is too many people exploiting the range of field spells through illegal programs, fix the range and that will go away.   @Bleak
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Inconsistency isn't a bug. Please clear the bug first, e.g. my Lost Skeletal Cat that cost real life money
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    I have done some testing, and there is indeed a discrepancy of how far away you can cast a field spell depending on the Gameplay window resolution you're using.

This indeed is an issue. @Bleak
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• hunter11hunter11 Posts: 223
    edited February 2019
    you make it seem as if a couple of macro people make in ***** and ******* make them worlds better than the average player running assist or even using in game macros now.. i get it the wall thing is annoying and it sucks to die that way but well it happens there are ways to avoid this there seems to be much larger issues then this

Edited by Mariah. Please do not name unapproved programs.
    edited February 2019
    Care to share these much larger issues? 

• Mervyn said:
    Care to share these much larger issues? 
    I think the larger issue is...parry too weak, needs a buff <span>:smile:</span>  
  • HermioneHermione Posts: 51
    edited May 2019
    The field spells now appear to have the same range regardless of gameplay window size on CC(16 tiles) seems a little large to me considering spells have a range of 10