Poisoning Food

I have recently added poisoning to a character and started training it up.  While doing so, I tried to poison some food and eat it to see the effect.  I was surprised to see nothing happened at all.  Tried this out a few more times with no poison affect happening to my character.  Am I missing something here?

I have only returned to UO a little less than a year ago, so I don't know if something changed as far as how this works.  Anyone have insight?
Tagged:

Comments

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    my cousin used to do that years ago, but she also had cooking on her char... not sure if it still works or not
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Eating the poisoned food has had no effect for a very long time now. Not sure when and why it changed, perhaps issues with flagging if food dropped in trammel. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    I'd love to see this brought back.  It was a fun aspect of the game.  If anything, it should work in full in Fel and on Siege Perilous.  A compromise in Trammel would be maybe the higher level poisons don't work or something.  

Also curious what the official word on this is, if any devs are around.