Fix Line of Sight on VvV Altars

CadyCady Posts: 21
My proposes fix is: regardless of the aesthetics, make it all work like flat ground.  It’s ridiculous that you can target the center of the altar and be standing one tile away and be told ‘target cannot be seen’.  
Or that you can be standing on tile in from the edge of the altar, Target an enemy outside the altar(keep in mind, you have the HIGH GROUND here) and be told ‘target cannot be seen’.
Standing just outside the altar that’s what? One step up, what’s a typical step? About 10”?  Target inside, ‘target cannot be seen’.  
It’s a little ridiculous, no?  Keep the aesthetics, make the Z functionally flat. Line of sight in this game is not well thought out.  Fix the altars, then fix the ENTIRETY OF TE LOST LANDS.  Thanks!  No rush, please have this completed by next weekend though.

Comments

• CadyCady Posts: 21
    We’re sitting on horses, horses are huge!  You can see the entire top of the altar if you’re within spell range of one, c’mon man!!!
    Additionally, it seems to me that the individual tiles of the altar might work like they’re at different Zs.  Why else would targeting the center not work if you’re not standing on center tile?  Whatever the technical/coding problem is: it’s a problem.  It was done poorly, just like the fact that we all have to log in and log out just to see what the active city is after all these years.  Implemented poorly and left to be eternally lame and half-assed.  So fix this, it’s lame, you can do better.  Line of Sight!  Picture yourself sitting in a horse, a big ole horse.  Smell the manure!  Look out around you; imagine yourself in the Lost Lands: Oh! A lil divet in the ground, oh yea, hey, you’re probably high enough that you can see the inside of it, hey, that wasn’t hard, make the game reflect these realities.  thaaaaanx!  ONE WEEK!
  • PaithanPaithan Posts: 120
    Ya it's pretty annoying.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Approved, please proceed.  :p
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I have tested the line of site issue on the altars, line of site is only broken when one of the targets is stood on one of the far opposing tiles on the altar, the altar is raised as has steps, I would contend that the line of site on altars is actually working as intended.

As for issues with lost lands line of site, Bleak has stated and i concur that this is actually an issue with the uoassist target self/last macros. I know that doesn't help anyone...
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002