Updated PvP combat changes per 103 publish Discussion

I like the splinter changes and that's all good.  Fire pies good riddance.

My problem with this the removal of any parry changes and the addition of the splinter changes sets dexxers further behind again.  This is why both needed adjustment, doing one without the other is gonna cause more imbalances.   Everyone is still gonna be a evade mage and current meta wont change, just casting school with parry and win UO, other skills after that are optional.  

The discord thing is still a bit confusing and will be hard pressed to find its way in the pvp world.  The part that says it will last 4-6 seconds depending on focused spec, what does this mean?  Do you have to have a full out bard in order to reach the 6 second timer?  It takes 10 seconds to attempt a disco again, why would it not stay on til the player is either dead or too far away?  Also what is the barding difficulty of a player?  Can you get away with just GM disco GM music?  Do you have to be 120/120?  What is the formula behind this?  @Bleak

Comments

• PaithanPaithan Posts: 120
    edited October 2018
    What happened here?

Fire pies- good move.

Parry-  The point was to balance it a bit more I thought.  I don't think adding the extra stats would do anything other than lower mana.  But you should highly consider dropping parry by 5% across the board.

Splintering-  The main issue with splintering is the fact that you can keep someone chain walking (like the old waki- which got nerfed for a reason).  The immunity should be to the walk- not the bleed effect.  This change doesn't stop that at all.  If anything it only makes dexers more powerful vs mages because the second "bleed" won't stop a bandage now.  Also, it should be across the board with specials.  Not, picking and choosing which is work for or don't.  

Discord-  This is a bad mechanic all around.  If you must do something like this- make it lower 1 random skill on a suit (like purge magic does for buffs).

Shatter pots-  Cap the amount of pots shattered and take the grieving aspect out it (i.e. must be within 2-3 tiles to shatter so you can't hide--->shatter -->hide or run on screen--->shatter---> run away).

• XrisXris Posts: 130
    I bet group fights will have a disco or 2 around, it's not a horrible idea, but yes I agree that's a lot of skill points to use up for something that doesn't appear to be that useful. 
  • How annoying is it that the devs always make changes that affect a lot of PvM due to the crying of squeaky wheels.  Now EC is so damn buggy because of the stupid mandatory patch which includes the dress macro changes.
    Every time I hit the dress macro it locks me up and I can't pick up any item or even open my backpack.
    EC is already so buggy that client crash is an actual feature.  I wish they would actually do something that helps the other 95% of their sub base.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited November 2018
    I don’t remember any player campaigning for a buggy patch. 

I quite regularly request for pure bug fixing patches.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• EC is already so buggy that client crash is an actual feature.  I wish they would actually do something that helps the other 95% of their sub base.
    are you using pinco's UI maybe? I play a custom EC I made based on the UOCarto UI and have no such troubles.

• ezikelezikel Posts: 90
    How annoying is it that the devs always make changes that affect a lot of PvM due to the crying of squeaky wheels.  Now EC is so damn buggy because of the stupid mandatory patch which includes the dress macro changes.
    Every time I hit the dress macro it locks me up and I can't pick up any item or even open my backpack.
    EC is already so buggy that client crash is an actual feature.  I wish they would actually do something that helps the other 95% of their sub base.
    i got the same probleme i cant use my ethereal or heal my self i cant do nothing for 4 5 6 second

• I agree that splintering shouldn't proc on any special moves and the nerf shouldn't target the bleed effect but the forced walk effect instead. it will still be very powerful.
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 285
    Parry is fine, leave it be.  It’s simple math based on damage input/output.

tweak weapon parry combos if you must but tweaking parry itself just because someone can’t mow you down in a handful of hits isn’t a justification to nerf it.

• Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 268
    edited December 2018
    Shatter pots r fine. If u can’t PvP w/o needing pots 100% of the time u need to rework ur template and/or stats. Yes, you should run out occasionally no matter how inconvenient. Shatter pots help regulate the buff dependence that so many templates rely on. Leave them alone.

Parry is also fine. It already got a nerf. Leave it alone. 
    Tinker w/ evasion before nerfing parry anymore.

• SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    edited December 2018
    The disco changes were the devs answer to the auto-switching suits problem, much more prevalent with the availability of 45 plus skill jewels now than it was a few years ago. 

Its a decent idea to balance the problem.  makes sense it was put in when CC got the dress macro.

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904

are you using pinco's UI maybe? I play a custom EC I made based on the UOCarto UI and have no such troubles.

I use original EC with default UI and no add on, and this recent change to the suit up is really, uncalled for. I have to wait for a suit change.

I read someone said said earlier insta suit change should not be implemented in the first place. So you want to play realism? Realistic game isn't going to be fun, and if you want to go that route it will be a lose-lose game. Let make everything realistic, oh Recall spells should not exist either. Let's see who gets more pain at the end of the day.

They just made a change to satisfy one minority group and pissed the rest who suffered collateral damage.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Oreogl said:
    Parry is fine, leave it be.  It’s simple math based on damage input/output.

tweak weapon parry combos if you must but tweaking parry itself just because someone can’t mow you down in a handful of hits isn’t a justification to nerf it.

Any more nerf to Parrying, is really going to be a super hot flaming topic. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs