New castle item placement bug

SlissSliss Posts: 282
I am in the process of decorating The Spires castle. I noticed that when trying to place either deeded or customization (pavers, stone blocks) on the roof, it is impossible to do so if there is a container on the floor below. Initially I thought that the problem was with me stacking chests too high (stacks of 4) on the floor below. I was even able to open chests from the floor below by clicking on roof floor. However, removing the top chest from a stack did not help. Only completely removing the chests from the floor below allowed placement on the roof. This happened with metal chests, wooden chests of various kinds, wooden shelves, and academic bookcases. In one case I had to move a container that was located two floors below the roof. Once the decorations are placed on the roof, the containers can be returned to their previous positions without issues.

Comments

• KhyroKhyro Posts: 227
    Unfortunately this isn't unique to The Spires castle, I run into this issue all the time with both my standard keep and my 18x18 custom plot. Placing pavers (and even normal items to be locked down) on floor tiles with secures on the floor below them will often either fail to place, or send that item into the container below it. Sometimes you can get it down if you try placing on the corner of the tile, but usually I have to go move all the secures below it.
    https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

• BleakBleak Posts: 143Dev
    Sliss said:
    I am in the process of decorating The Spires castle. I noticed that when trying to place either deeded or customization (pavers, stone blocks) on the roof, it is impossible to do so if there is a container on the floor below. Initially I thought that the problem was with me stacking chests too high (stacks of 4) on the floor below. I was even able to open chests from the floor below by clicking on roof floor. However, removing the top chest from a stack did not help. Only completely removing the chests from the floor below allowed placement on the roof. This happened with metal chests, wooden chests of various kinds, wooden shelves, and academic bookcases. In one case I had to move a container that was located two floors below the roof. Once the decorations are placed on the roof, the containers can be returned to their previous positions without issues.
    Have you seen this issue in the Classic client or only the Enhanced client?
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    This was in EC. I have not tested this yet in CC (Will try tonight).
  • I have masonry  walls bouncing back in my backpack in CC on TC today . Atleast hidden doors facing south bounce and tell I cannot  drop  that there. this is everywhere in the house and other directions work.
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    Bleak said:
    Have you seen this issue in the Classic client or only the Enhanced client?
    The issue appears to be limited to EC. I wish I thought of this when I had to tear down and move all of this :smiley: