How do you open a paragon chest on Siege? It's an ettin paragon chest.

I remember something about telekinesis not working, not sure about the magic Unlock spell.  Don't have magery to find out.
Is it lockpick and then remove trap? Or are there other possibilities?
These forums make me log in so much I feel like a lumberjack.

Comments

• MissEMissE Posts: 776
    If magic unlock doesnt work then use lockpick and take the hit on the trap. Can't remember what level that chest it, most likely lockpick though :)

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • SkullSkull Posts: 42
    Thank you.  Which means either training magic or lockpicking.  How do you train lockpicking on Siege?  
  • by picking locks...
  • oh and don't forget to use lockpicks!
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,945Moderator
    this guide includes lockpick from zero: https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/lockpicking/

Siege is slightly different from that guide, especially the part about buying skills up.  I think I'll just let the chests sit in a chest.  Thank you.
  • you can't buy skills up but training from 0-40 is easily achieved by simply trying to pick locks. Also you can find the New Travellers Inn in New Magincia (at the eastern shore). On the ground level go all the way in the back and open the chest in the hallway. You will find training chests for each level and they can be used by anyone. Lock them, pick them, rinse, repeat and watch your skill gain
    Why thank you very much!  
  • Train your lockpicking up and pick the lock, then just hand the chest to your buddy and say: "look what I found"
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• on a serious note, to train lock picking on Siege I always go to Vesper mint. there are three rooms with spawning chests. the north room is starter chests. usually get to 33 on them. the southwest room is next while while still picking the north. when you get 55-60 add the southeast room with large wooden chests and you can get to rot.  throw in some tinker chests made at different level breaks that can be accessed at different [laces (ask in chat) and soon you'll hit rot.  then its rot away.  at rot start looking for alacrity scrolls and pinks.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Thank you Siege Victim.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,945Moderator
    edited October 2018
    The link I gave is valid for training on Siege. I quote:

0-30 Lock picking –

Buy the skill from an NPC (except Siege & MugenUse boxes made with 30 tinkeringPick crates or chests in town
    There are 3 methods listed for that level - two of them are valid on Siege.
  • I have a gm t hunter on siege... he uses his gm lp to open the chest detect hidden I have set for 50 and remove trap at gm. This will open the chest. you will get if under gm the notice if the trigger is removed on your journal....
    Thank you :)  

• SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    master skeleton key.  no lockpicking skill required.