It's Time for some changes to be worked on for the new year... add in your 2 cents

For the last few years players have asked at nearly every Meet & Greet for some small and some rather large changes that would make the whole player base happy and just might hold more players to the game.  We will add it to our list or that's a good idea or well we will talk it over... just is not going to cut it.  

Stacking...

Need I say more?  I mean when you make a item we will get by the ton why not make them stack?

Bulk Order books..  

Id love to see where the book was 1 item count total no matter the bods in the book. Along with working out of a locked down book as you can in you pack would make every crafters life a bit more enjoyable and not take up valuable lock downs.   The lag alone for the reduction of vendors in one area is worth it.

Vet Reward Exchange..

I can see this one being a tad difficult but in the long run might help in the housing congestion of lock downs.  Many times players have asked for a raise in rewards points per year... Mainly because in their early years choices were few and many used up their allotment. Never knowing of the delights you would add later in the games life span. Perhaps a 2 or 3 for 1 of the same year could be put forth on a NPC Vendor like we had for the first Clean up turn in...  There would be a disclaimer that the person turning in would be the only account to receive the returned point and must be in good standing.

Like : 2 first year turn in for and same year choice returned   3 first year for a 2nd year

The rest is so numerous so feel free to add in your 2 cents ,,,, @Mesanna @Kyronix ; keep an eye on this  you will see how much we need some of this stuff..

Comments

• DanpalDanpal Posts: 119
    For the higher vet rewards would like it to be 1 for 1. You trade in a 14th vet reward and get to pick a bee 14th vet reward. 
  • Exactly  but I doubt the boss will go for anything less then a 2 for 1  she is a stickler for a reduction on our part...
  • I posted a whole thread on this a week ago, no response from anyone who could make it happen.   Good luck!
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Sadly if the DEVs do say anything in a thread like this then some people take that as a "It is going to happen" and then get totally pissed when it doesn't happen.  DEVs are not allowed to say nice ideas keep them coming.
    Outstanding thread, keep it up @Lady_Storm
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    Can they make it so containers don't close when your character crosses a server line while on a boat?
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Can they do away with server lines period ? I still don't understand why they exist in the cloud.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • XrisXris Posts: 130
    I'd like them to work on ideas to fix the economy. It's been brought up in so many threads that I don't want to derail this with my ideas here. 
  • Margrette said:
    Can they make it so containers don't close when your character crosses a server line while on a boat?

Oh this is as old as the game. I don't think its possible as is Garth's question/reply.  The server lines are part of the original grid design that were in the mapping of the areas as they were being made I think.. now I might be wrong.. but I highly doubt they can be removed.

Xris   wouldn't we all like that but its in the nature of humans to horde wealth and grab every dime they can even from junk..    If UO's economy was in RL.... it would be 5 % super rich, 20% upper middle class, 60 % middle class,  15 % poverty level.   Gee that does sound like it was in RL before 2008!  No amount of work to manage the economy in game as there is in RL .. people will still buck the system and raise the amounts we pay cause they got the things we want or need...As long as some player is willing to buy that rare EM event item for what's asked it wont change.  Long gone is the days of 10k in the bank being rich.

• Incentives past an "Endless Journey" trial and some silly token of new player love from the cash shop should exist in order to convince players on fresh accounts to stay. Difficult to catch up or compete with older players when many of the most convenient items are available only to people who have played 15+ years of Ultima. 

This is the one and only time I'll ever say this about a video game. Add more items to the cash shop. Allow players to trade in large quantities of gold for sovereigns. When I say add more items, I'm specifically referencing items that cannot be acquired in any way except by getting veteran rewards. IE: Crystal Portals, Stupid Shard Shields, Ethereal Mounts, Dye Tubs. Watch the cash shop make this game enough money for you to have a marketing budget, and hire on 20 new developers. 

Things you shouldn't add to that cash shop - Anything that can be acquired through in game work. 
    And EA will reap all the real money and give none to UO for added personal also EA would never allow UO/BS to let us use or ill gotten gold in the online store.
  • Well with the shooting at the game con  there are law suits going on about it EA is getting hit for. I'd be surprised if EA would give any of its games a dime more then they get  till its all settled.
  • Well with the shooting at the game con  there are law suits going on about it EA is getting hit for. I'd be surprised if EA would give any of its games a dime more then they get  till its all settled.

Sad but probably true.  Too many peeps in too small a venue, and probably not near enough armed security checking people out.  Will be real interesting to watch it unfold

• It's  a mental picture of what some of our player base could be...  I have seen hot heads go off when things go wrong .... the Chat is very colorful in this area..       EA canceled the rest of the tourney for this year.   
  • SafariSafari Posts: 20
    Back to topic... <span>:smiley:</span> 

- I'd like for the Jewelry Boxes to reduce jewelry count.  Right now it holds 125 of 500 and counts as 125.  I noticed this when moving 5 toons back to my original shard.  Oh, and what's with 500?
    - Also, can we get a labelling tool for the jewelry boxes?  I tried all the available tools & they don't work.  I do use a color code but would also like a labelling mechanism for within the same color categories.  I don't plan on more than 2 boxes per major division (i.e.- Mage - Skill, Mage - Stat, etc.).
    - A search function on the boxes would rock!  :D
    Safari / Chianti of Catskills