Can empty vendors be made invisible to search and on screen?

Empty vendors are a time wasting nuisance.
If a vendor has no items to vend, can they be made invisible to passersby?
(And not be included in Vendor Search, just to make things tidier.)
But yes, having empty vendors be invisible would be lovely.  With their owner and the house owner being able to see them of course.
These forums make me log in so much I feel like a lumberjack.

Comments

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    Hell just having active/ stocked vendors on my shard would be nice. 
  • XrisXris Posts: 130
    What are you searching for on VS that brings you to empty vendors? 
  • SkullSkull Posts: 42
    Empty vendors can include things that have an item that is meant to help display things such as Bod Books, the description of the bod book on the item can show up in Vendor Search.  Technically the vendor has an item for sale, perhaps a reagent or whatever, but it's there for display really.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    So you want UO/DEVs to go to every vendor and determine if a vendor has a legit sell. no TY.  By the way I go to a lot of different shards and use VS and I have no problem finding what I want with very little to no empty/display items showing.  What are you searching for that you are having all these problems?
  • SkullSkull Posts: 42
    Bilbo, let me calm your fears.  The UO devs wouldn't have to visit every vendor.  What would happen though is that players would be more likely to interact with vendors in their travels.  It's called window shopping.  Because if empty vendors were invisible, then when you see a vendor you would know it has something on it.  In effect the UO devs would be creating more interaction with vendors.  Some vendor owners are kind and put EMPTY or CLOSED on their vendors but generally I don't see that until I've already clicked the vendor.  I am very glad that you have no problems at all with the vendor system and are very defensive of the UO devs.  Good for you.  But I am not you.  I think the vendor system could be a little better.  Cheers.
    Skull did I say one word about walking around looking at vendors, here let me answer that for you, NO.  You complained about vendor search and I asked you some questions and what do you do you go off on walking around looking at vendors.  What does that have to do with VS, NOTHING.  What you just want to bitch about something, sad.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    I always put . . “Periods” for shop and vendor name so it’s harder to see them just little yellow dots, other put not for sell on them 
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    Just like the real world, speak with your wallet. When you learn that no matter what, Vendor X is going to be empty, don't ever stop at it. Though I do know from experience, that some people put things on vendors and they sell fast. So if you do the above, you might miss out on when things are in stock.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    I like the idea that they would be Transparent.  But people put stuff in bags and when the bags are empty the vendor is not empty.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    On Siege the daily base pay for an NPC shop with nothing for sale (regardless of item count) is 60gp. I don't know about other shards, but I am sure it is a standard rate. If an NPC reaches that daily fee, tad-ah, it is considered 'empty' and this mechanic could kick in. I dunno about making them invisible (on a shard like Siege, that could block people and be ... interesting), but the name could be made purple or something so that you don't spend the time to open it. It could also help vendor owners see at a glance what is out of stock.

Of course, this would rule out the people who put one shadow ingot to mark a spot but it would help declutter a lot.
    Who runs around looking at vendors anymore when you have Vendor Search.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    VS assumes you know what you are looking for :)
    VS doesn't assume anything, it looks for what you tell it to look for.  If you want to look at everything on a shard search "weight"
  • Skull has it right...   even if a vendor is "empty"  the boxes and books used to separate the sales items will still show the vendor is not empty... something even if they could "box" empty vendors this would not allow it to happen to many of the npcs.    Thing is they did once talk of a message to the owners to check their NPC's but it never happened.