Nightmare

I'm looking for nightmare builds that people are happy with. I'm trying to train one up myself using a newly tamed 3 slot mare.  I would love to see some examples please.

Comments

• DrowyDrowy Posts: 128
    I would first look for a 2 slot mare. With that you have an additional 1501 points to distribute with only a little smaller stats/resists to begin with.
  • I used to think Necromagery was the given, but since Mares are 50/50 physical fire damage, their corpse skin is neigh useless.

Or so the story goes.  I have been meaning to play test them in Test Center.  

Mares can’t  do Necro magery and be stat rich unless they are two slot though.  The magic skill is a 1500 point sink.

I’ve seen Mysticysm mares and Chiv/Ai mares.  Myst Ai seems nice with all the AoE debuff and deeps + single Target.

I think Mares can get poisoning and then do Poison Breath.  That puts lethal poison on things around the Mare.  Also, I think they get Goo.  Goo is awesome for AoE on most all pets.
    Dennis the Peasant: "Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony." 
    Arthur: "Be quiet!" 
    Dennis: "You can't expect to wield supreme power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!” 
    Monty Python & the Holy Grail
  • WendyWendy Posts: 31
    Actually Drowy I have a 2 slot pre patch mare in the stable but I don't want to touch it until I've had some practise.  

Thanks for your thoughts SoE much appreciated.....it all helps with my decision making.

• VioletViolet Posts: 368
    If it's a three slot, I would go with something simple, if you are trying to practice specing out pets.  2 rounds, so I would go with say normal Magery and AI.  It's not a bad spec and has utility.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,020
    Wendy said:
    Actually Drowy I have a 2 slot pre patch mare in the stable but I don't want to touch it until I've had some practise.  

Thanks for your thoughts SoE much appreciated.....it all helps with my decision making.

You can always character copy over to test center and try stuff out there. I always forget that, so I thought I'd mention it. 
    -Arroth
  • WendyWendy Posts: 31
    Thankyou Violet and Arroth for you suggestions, much appreciated.  
  • SwordofExcalibur said:
    Correction
    I used to think Necromagery was the given, but since Mares are 40/40/20 physical, fire, energy damage, their corpse skin is not as great as it could be.

Mares can get poisoning and then do Poison Breath.  That puts deadly poison on things around the Mare.  
    My apologies!
    Dennis the Peasant: "Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony." 
    Arthur: "Be quiet!" 
    Dennis: "You can't expect to wield supreme power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!” 
    Monty Python & the Holy Grail
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    Necromage  shines as a pvp spec.  In pve it under performs, from our tests.