Showing the classic client some love (Quality of Life improvements)

LexLex Posts: 38
edited March 2018 in General Discussions
I know there are few suggestions already, but they are in different threads.
Maybe we could post all CC suggestions in this one?

I'll start off with:

- allow 4GB RAM allocation physical address extension (fixes crashes after passing 300 houses, or like.. 20 in Luna), or even better make the app 64bit
- raise animation FPS (it's possible to do this, I wont link or say how but it's out there. Devs have been emailed about how it's done)
- allow even larger Game Play Window Size than 1280x720
- cloth switch macro (like on EC)
- allow mouse keys (mouse key 3, middle click, scroll up/down etc) to be used for macro options 

People shouldnt have to use endorsed or non-endorsed external apps to improve their quality of life.
So hopefully 2d client can be brought into the next millenia :)

Go ahead and post more suggestions.
  1. Classic client is the best?14 votes
    1. Yes.
      28.57%
    2. Definately yes.
      71.43%

Comments

• ZappZapp Posts: 14
    Exactly!!!
    Mouse options for macros.... Yes!!!
    All of the extra macro options available in the EC are pretty neat. Believe it or not, just two days ago was when I found out about the dress macro. Lol
    And with all of the other macro options I looked through, heck, I might even use the EC with a couple of my toons. 
    But, I still like the CC look. 

HEHE love the ballot box answers!
  • OlchOlch Posts: 36
    Off the top of my head:

- Allow turning off player/all words of power.
    - Allow turning off player/all spell particles.
    - 'No/low animation mode' to turn off idle animations, gargoyle flapping, field animations, etc.
    - Option to disable people invising your pets.
    - Functionalities of UOAssist and the EC. Most importantly equipping/swapping gear sets on the fly, potion drinking macros, etc. (EC users will have to chime in here as to what the CC is lacking).
  • JollyJadeJollyJade Posts: 578
    edited March 2018
    Olch said:
    (EC users will have to chime in here as to what the CC is lacking).
    Where to begin? Zoom, searchable containers, smooth movement, consumables on hotbars, assigning hotkeys, different targeting modes..

But then it's all there already in the EC, so I think it's a waste of time..

Soon as changes are made to the CC people will be up in arms. Like there is a uniform opinion what the client should be. Remember when they changed runebooks? Oh boy..
    Just a troll who got told by lesser trolls (moderator classification)
  • LexLex Posts: 38
    As poster above..
    - Zoomable gump would be great.
    Feels like the gump was made for ants sometimes!
  • InLorInLor Posts: 354
    • Lock spell icons in place so they can't be accidentally dragged.
    • Properly store minimized/unpacked versions of UI elements. Relogging currently erases that. You have a minimized backpack in the same location, but when you open it after relogging it will open in the middle or some arbitrary location, instead of the one you dragged it to before.
    • Agree about improving the animation. Also allow for a tiny bit of zoom in with mouse wheel.
    EC = Frankenstein.
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • DavoDavo Posts: 46

hello, I would love to see some changes with some of the options in cc. I want run mouse on separate thread to stay when I click apply. I have to change it everytime I log in on a char and reboot game. this should stay until I change it. 

another is in the view item property area, i have to click follow mouse everytime I log into a char. even if click appy. this should stay until I change it. I don't know why this was changed.

I hope the devs realize how very important changes for my friends and I. please reply if this will/can be done. ty

• FeigrFeigr Posts: 453
    If you're asking for things already in EC, why not make the switch and invest the time getting used to it? These changes will take getting used to even in CC some of you are requesting.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Feigr said:
    If you're asking for things already in EC, why not make the switch and invest the time getting used to it? These changes will take getting used to even in CC some of you are requesting.
    Because the EC client gives me a headache and hurts my eyes.  I cant even look at a screenshot of it!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Sounds legit.
  • SwordofExcaliburSwordofExcalibur Posts: 95
    edited March 2018
    EC in 4K is very smooth, fluid, and crystal clear.

I really can’t use CC after using the new client.

I have to have my gear swaps, my 4K graphics and speed, and redrawn pets and other things.  My macros are a must.  I can do things so fast in EC that I can’t do in CC.  

Last, I can’t deal with containers in CC.  That is so atrocious.

If the CC crowd wants updates, sure. CC begs for it.
    Dennis the Peasant: "Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony." 
    Arthur: "Be quiet!" 
    Dennis: "You can't expect to wield supreme power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!” 
    Monty Python & the Holy Grail
  • LillyMae_1LillyMae_1 Posts: 117
    Ec the world looks dead and the grass burnt out, everything is huge and ugly, my pet hate is when people in Ec client run a vendor and stock it, people in Cc only see everything piled up on top of each other, god knows how they sell any thing.
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    edited March 2018
    The devs have already said they will "continue support" for the CC but "making a majority of improvements to the EC". So don't hold your breath for updates to the CC. I agree. Why waste time working on the old version of something when they already offer an updated and improved (with features) version.

http://podcast.ultimacodex.com/e/spam-spam-spam-humbug-28-ultima-online/ - Go to the 29 minute mark.

edited March 2018
    DJAd said:
    The devs have already said they will "continue support" for the CC but "making a majority of improvements to the EC". So don't hold your breath for updates to the CC. I agree. Why waste time working on the old version of something when they already offer an updated and improved (with features) version.

http://podcast.ultimacodex.com/e/spam-spam-spam-humbug-28-ultima-online/ - Go to the 29 minute mark.

Something they said like 2 years ago...

Than they added new resolutions to the CC.

Made not a single improvement to the EC that isn't compatible with the CC (all new gumps are so limited by what they can do in CC, like compare the jewelry box to a standard EC container).

Hard to call that "making a majority of improvements to the EC". I'd say those words are meanigless and the CC people have good chances getting changes in.

Actually it rather feels like they driving EC players off with that. 
    Pawain said:
    Feigr said:
    Because the EC client gives me a headache and hurts my eyes.  I cant even look at a screenshot of it!
    If you only tell yourself hard enough....
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Feigr said:
    Sounds legit.

My favorite reply to date
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • InLorInLor Posts: 354
    The EC was always atrocious, for being an amalgamation of incompatible styles. It's the Frankenstein client. It looks very bad. Sure, the CC client is old school and dated, but it's much more self-consistent, even taking into account the few 3D-to-2D-converted graphical elements. I have made many attempts to use it, with Pinco's UI and all that fancy shmancy stuff. I'll just never adopt it. It doesn't look and feel good, in spite of its nice quality of life features.

A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.

• Lock spell graphics down in sets (Snap to grids/bars)
    Auto open corpses
    Turn off sounds
    Auto open doors
    Turn off lag creating effects (Spell fields, other's pets etc)
    More robust macros

All I'm saying is that if you're asking for EC features in CC you should just go to EC.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    DJAd said:

Kinda funny that the devs are only going to make improvements to a client that only 1/3 of the players use 

Seem like they would want to try and please the majority of the players by make a few UI features that the EC has 

Jmi