Thank you RNG - caddellite crafting

my usual lament is 'the RNG hates me', but just for once it has smiled on me.

share my delight!

Comments

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    WOW nice Petra! Congratulations! I hope I get as lucky!!

• jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    Good job, grats!!  :o
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I didn’t think about making a scrappers, thanks for the tip. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Thats a nice one.  WTG
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Mervyn said:
    I didn’t think about making a scrappers, thanks for the tip. 
    I did it on test center - there's a post somewhere that I mentioned it.  I think perhaps that's the reason scrappers ingredients were added to the hidden chests.

btw, for anyone who wonders, I chopped 20 bark fragments and turned them into 100 scrolls to make it.  It never occurred to me to even try the 1+99 formula that's been reported since. I made the test center one that way too. Only got a regular one there.
    edited September 2018
    I am new to cooking, I have access to guildie's accounts, how on earth do you convert pulp to blank scrolls? also, i have no idea about this formula
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

cooks make bark fragments into woodpulp - preparations menu
    Scribes make woodpulp into blank scrolls - 1 woodpulp makes 5 scrolls.
    Hence 20 bark fragments results in 100 scrolls to make a scrappers.
    thanks, the bit about scribes turning woodpulp into blank scrolls was omited from Larisa'a guide on stratics and also from UOguide,

Mervyn said:
    thanks, the bit about scribes turning woodpulp into blank scrolls was omited from Larisa'a guide on stratics and also from UOguide,
    Thanks for calling me out publicly Merv! ;) ALSO...it seems to have changed from TC to live shards...From my guide..

Once you have gathered enough bark fragments, (for reference, you need 1 bark fragment for 1 wood pulp,  1 wood pulp makes 1 blank scroll and 10 blank scrolls to create one spellbook so make sure you gather enough bark!) you need to create wood pulp.

Now 1 pulp makes FIVE scrolls? It only made 1 on test....if that's the case I will update my guide, thanks for the info guys! And yes I needed 100 bark on test to make the scrappers I made

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779

1 pulp made 5 scrolls for me last night on Pacific. 

Good to know...thanks guys, I updated my guide :)

edited September 2018
    Welcome to my club of undeserved public shaming. Since you're up for taking helpful criticism, can you also add to your Going Gumshoe Guide that you need to use detect hidden to make the traps appear? (if they're not already showing, only then do you use forensic eval on it).

and yeah i was going to mention about the pulp also. I ended up with 500 blank scrolls...

how strange Larisa. one woodpulp making 5 scrolls is normal crafting, it's what I got on test center, it's what I expected to get, having crafted blank scrolls many times before. Not sure how you came to get only one per woodpulp, but that's not normal.
    how strange Larisa. one woodpulp making 5 scrolls is normal crafting, it's what I got on test center, it's what I expected to get, having crafted blank scrolls many times before. Not sure how you came to get only one per woodpulp, but that's not normal.
    Tell me about it...I chopped trees like a mad person! lol but I went back to TC the other day and 1 pulp produced 5 scrolls like normal...I think this game hates me sometimes! 

I think you imagined it.

Mervyn said:
    I think you imagined it.
    That is a possibility! I do have a very vivid imagination....though when I write my guides I tend to check and double-check my results, I have made mistakes :) 

• Still waiting to see an Undead Slayer Caddellite Scrappers...lol.
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    Nice one
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    One of the rewards is a caddellite random slayer book with 25sdi so don’t try too hard for a decent scrappers. 

The first character I took in the dungeon on test center was an archer. I made her two bows, one with undead slayer the other without but otherwise identical

She got exactly the same damage with both bows. undead slayer was irrelevant.
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    edited September 2018
    The first character I took in the dungeon on test center was an archer. I made her two bows, one with undead slayer the other without but otherwise identical

She got exactly the same damage with both bows. undead slayer was irrelevant.

Thank you, I just came to see if someone knew something about this. :)
    Do the arrows need to be caddellite infused? 

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    not in testing i did on test 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Mervyn said:
    Do the arrows need to be caddellite infused? 

Only weapon slot items and instruments hold the infused tag.  

Anyone find any other type item crafted item that holds the tag?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I love Gathering if anyone has need on Origin just holler i currently have ingots and fishsteaks aplenty bark fragments soon
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited September 2018
    my usual lament is 'the RNG hates me', but just for once it has smiled on me.

share my delight!
    Mine best one on Sonoma as of yesterday
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    Congrats!

I've discovered a new mini-game. Happens when I log in for the first time on any given day.  It's called 'Necklace, necklace, who's got the blasted necklace?' 
    Trying to remember which char had it last the day before.  My memory was never great, and it's not getting any better as I get older.  :D
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    Congrats!

I've discovered a new mini-game. Happens when I log in for the first time on any given day.  It's called 'Necklace, necklace, who's got the blasted necklace?' 
    Trying to remember which char had it last the day before.  My memory was never great, and it's not getting any better as I get older.  :D
    Yep makes you wonder if finding that dam book was really that hard?

hint it was
    Tim said:
    Congrats!

Yep makes you wonder if finding that dam book was really that hard?

hint it was
    oh ya it was
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    Gets even worse when you lend it to a friend.