Is anything preserved when a house collapses?

RockRock Posts: 567
edited March 2018 in Homes & Castles
My account expired in 2012, so I'm pretty much certain my house and its contents are long gone. I'm planning to come back and check the game out again. Are there any items that are auto-preserved? The things I most regret losing are my soul stones. It would be fantastic if somehow they had been auto-magically transferred to my character's bank accounts or their personages.  If not, that's life.

Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)

Comments

• PapaSmurfPapaSmurf Posts: 112
    Unfortunately no, in fact soul stones are quite sought after at IDOC's due to their turn in point value, I always keep anything I couldn't replace in my bank just in case something happened.

• It depends on your shard. On some shards, Siege for instance, certain guilds take great effort to store and return soulstones. On others, EMs have set up soulstone graveyards. There may be others offering similar services. You may yet be in luck.
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    where did you play?
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    Drakelord, Baja. I had a character on Siege, but I don't think he ever got a soulstone.
    The reason I ask is across several shards there are people that kept stones, on Sonoma there a player house at Zento who has done that, on LS there an EM Garden, on Siege the GIL has also done it, so ask across the Baja, here and also at Stratics Baja if there is anyone doing that there.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    I do wish that soul stones would pop in the bank when a house goes IDOC and drops.  It would save so much time and be so helpful for those players when they return to know their stones are safe.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662

In 2008 I had to stop for a bit & my house fell before I could get back in game. And when I logged back in (2010) on the char that held the house, she had 425 blessed items in her bank box & her backpack was full too. I'm sure that was a bug cause I haven't heard of it happening to anyone else.

If you had a herald at your house, chances are it could still be there. I've seen several on Sonoma where houses used to be.

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    Drakelord said:
    I do wish that soul stones would pop in the bank when a house goes IDOC and drops.  It would save so much time and be so helpful for those players when they return to know their stones are safe.
    And in so depriving the oligarchy of BIG IDOC scripter/cheater vultures of part of their "deserved" gains? Me, I totally agree with you, but... not gonna happen soon, I fear... ;)
    Rock said:
    ... The things I most regret losing are my soul stones. It would be fantastic if somehow they had been auto-magically transferred to my character's bank accounts or their personages.  If not, that's life.

The house and soul stones are gone, although I havent checked around to see if anyone on Baja happened to preserve them. The good news is the account has 12 unpicked veteran rewards available, so some characters can get new ones.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Rock said:
    Rock said:
    ... The things I most regret losing are my soul stones. It would be fantastic if somehow they had been auto-magically transferred to my character's bank accounts or their personages.  If not, that's life.

The house and soul stones are gone, although I havent checked around to see if anyone on Baja happened to preserve them. The good news is the account has 12 unpicked veteran rewards available, so some characters can get new ones.
    Post here on the Baja Shard forum and on Stratics Baja with your char names.  Also go into gen chat on Baja and let people know you are back and ask if anybody has them.
    Thank you, Bilbo.  I'll do that.
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    I have several soulstones on Pacific that I've collected from cross-shard ppl. 
    If a soulstone doesn't have a name, that means the account is deactivated.
    I regularly check the stones I have to see if they have any new names pop up.

What are your character names?
    Thanks for the info and offer, Kirthag. However, I don't have any characters on Pacific. Baja is my main shard, plus I have some advanced characters on Atlantic that might have had them.
  • KirthagKirthag Posts: 541
    Cross shard ppl are those who drag stuff from shard to shard. The only shared I don't have items from is Siege (for obvious reasons). I've returned whispering roses to people who only ever played Baja and Atlantic. ;)
    I am originally from Napa... and I'm a pack rat. 

Just word to you, or anyone for that matter. At last count, I have about 150 Soulstones in one of my castles. Sometimes a name pops up on one and I hunt that person down. I lost well over 1k skill points on soul stones - seriously hurt my blacksmith - so I know how precious they are.
    Kirthag said:
    Cross shard ppl are those who drag stuff from shard to shard. The only shared I don't have items from is Siege (for obvious reasons). I've returned whispering roses to people who only ever played Baja and Atlantic. ;)

We can move stuff between shards now? How about transferring characters between shards?
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,945Moderator
    Character transfer was introduced in 2004, tokens to transfer are bought from Ultima Store to do this, however there is also a veteran reward that allows transfer. https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/veteran-rewards/14th-year-veteran-reward-transfer-shields/

Well, phooey. The last vet reward my guys have is 12th.
  • DavoDavo Posts: 46
    to all, please put soul stones in bank.
    edited March 2018
    Davo said:
    to all, please put soul stones in bank.
    Really.  Would it have killed me to, once I decided to let my two accounts go, to log in several times and move the soul stones to the bank?

I kinda sorta have a lame excuse, though. I kept my accounts active for a couple years after essentially losing interest.  The only reason they got cancelled is that my credit card expired and the they couldn't get auto-renewed. Sigh, I still could have reopened the accounts for a month and close down shop (move important stuff to the bank), but nope.  Not me. That would have been a "bother".
    <sigh> :'(