Going Gumshoe...

Comments

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    I need someone to explain to me why the lock says its an alpha numeric type lock, yet apparently the code doesn't have numbers ? .

Computer term for an entry field that takes letters and numbers but not punctuation. Plus saying it takes numbers makes people think that numbers are required.

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    That was my point, it was misleading af...
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Okay so the book in the Lyceum moves around and with the time delay on detect it is VERY difficult to find it...just a heads up

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    The surnames are a Caesar cypher, there are websites that will do it for you, or you could give it to an 8 year old to do as their homework.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Maximus_NeximusMaximus_Neximus Posts: 380
    edited September 2018
    @Kyronix @Bleak It appears that the Prentice portion of the gumshoe quest is bugged for gargoyles. I ran through it twice with guild mates (a total of 7 combined runs) and any time someone had a gargoyle they never received the "your keen senses detect..." message.
    I completed the quest and still can not get in.  And Jasper will not let my character do the quest again.  This is on Pacific.  Should I wait awhile?
  • TimSt said:
    I completed the quest and still can not get in.  And Jasper will not let my character do the quest again.  This is on Pacific.  Should I wait awhile?
    When you go back to Jasper for the last time, actually go into the room with him. Don't double click from outside. I assume you're doing the same thing I did.
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    I had already been to that other website last night and nothing it gave me even looked like words, but wait the answers weren't normal words and one seems to be spelled wrong too! You couldn't make this stuff up...
    edited September 2018
    Mervyn said:
    The surnames are a Caesar cypher, there are websites that will do it for you, or you could give it to an 8 year old to do as their homework.
    So you went from "I"m no good at cryptic clues", to an 8 year old could do it huh ? I like many others on this forum, have ceased to find any value in your opinions, and I said that nicely so no one can find any reason to admonish me for saying what everyone else feels.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • XareXare Posts: 124
    TimSt said:
    Try equipping the necklace you were given.

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    edited September 2018
    is there a trick to finding the thing at the Lyceum? or is it just an exercise in extreme frustration?  I've followed the messages to 3 different locations using a char with gm detect and I still can't find anything. Being trying for almost half an hour!

Annd the penny dropped when I got the message in a classroom, no where near a bookcase. Search every bookcase in that library, not just where you get the message.
    TimSt said:
    When you go back to Jasper for the last time, actually go into the room with him. Don't double click from outside. I assume you're doing the same thing I did.

I was standing next to him when I clicked on him multiple times.  But it turns out I needed to be sitting in the chair across the table from him in order to actually complete the quest.  Before then the quest journal made it look like I had completed the quest.
    edited September 2018
    Mervyn said:
    So you went from "I"m no good at cryptic clues", to an 8 year old could do it huh ? I like many others on this forum, have ceased to find any value in your opinions, and I said that nicely so no one can find any reason to admonish me for saying what everyone else feels.
    I’m just saying you don’t need to necessarily refer to codecracker software to crack it, (once you know it’s a Caesar cypher) i’m Struggling in this quest as much as everyone else.

But thanks
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Mervyn said:
    Mervyn said:
    I’m just saying you don’t need to necessarily refer to codecracker software to crack it, (once you know it’s a Caesar cypher) i’m Struggling in this quest as much as everyone else.

But thanks
    I'm just bitter, as usual...

I biggest complaint of the quest was the spawn rate in the Moonglow grave yard. It needs to be dialed back.  No way would my crafter have been able to deal with that.  My legendary mage had a hard time until he summoned a fire elemental to take the heat off of him.
  • @Kyronix It would appear, gargoyles cannot finish the gumshoe quest. Once I speak to the Cryptologist at the Lycaeum, I can not proceed as I get no gump *keen senses*, to help locate the book. I have completed this same quest multiple times with my human char's and had no problem.
  • FenFen Posts: 30
    Does the necklace have any purpose for the fighting in Khaldun?   And can we give the necklace to a character on another account who hasn't done the quest?
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Fen said:
    Does the necklace have any purpose for the fighting in Khaldun?   And can we give the necklace to a character on another account who hasn't done the quest?
    I can answer your second question. I have passed mine around among my crafters regardless of which account they're on. As long as you wear it, you can go in.
  • I have Problems to find the book at the moonglow lyceum. I get the *senses* message, but never found the book with detect hidden. Have i target the bookcases or the Floor to find it? Thanks for your help.
    I checked the same shelf 3 times after getting the message and only the last time did I find anything, it wasn't even that close to where the message was.
  • With EC i did detect hidden for a longer time, but nothing. After logging to CC i found it quickly in the first room where i get the *senses* message. Maybe it was only luck ...
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    5 of us were there at same time.  Took 3 changes to finally find the dang bookcase.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • That darn book is driving me crazy!
  • @kyronix ; that book is so frustrating   please nail it down!   I have heard people on different shards tell me they gave up.. and dropped the quest... Sometimes  even a good twist is too much ...

It doesn't seem to appear in the same place on all shards, so people are reading a guide or seeing a screenshot and assuming it's in the same room but it isn't. The screenie on the other forum showed it in a room on the opposite side to where we found it.
  • Th book moves around. You can get the message and try and try and try..then go looking in the other rooms and get the message and find the book quite fast..
    edited September 2018
    Two things I read in this thread:
    1 moonglow graveyard trammel is too hard.
    2 it’s too hard to sit in a town and use detect hidden...

am I playing a different game to everyone else?

Hehe moving books, I think I've entered the world of Harry Potter!
    I’d slither-in 

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Yeah the moving book is annoying..I spent an hour and a half one night looking and gave up, the next morning I found it within 3 minutes....RNG, gotta love it! It is a bit of a pain but you know they have to make things a bit more difficult so people don't blow through the entire thing in one day. Just keep at it....I finally found mine in the room where the crypto guy is.