Khaldun Champ Spawn

KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
edited August 2018 in Test Center
For discussion of the new Khaldun Champ Spawn

A few things to note about the Champ Spawn at this stage...

The goal is to test the creatures that are part of  each level of the champ spawn.  There is still MUCH more to come in terms of Halloween content (make sure you sign up for the newsletter!) but we wanted to get this out as soon as possible to start gathering feedback.

There are no rewards, nor will any of the creatures drop any substantive loot.  Literally the only piece right now is the functionality of the creatures that you must fight in order to summon the Champion (who is not implemented yet either).

Some information that is helpful when providing feedback,
  • How many people were in your group or party?
  • What kinds of templates were you using? 
  • How long did it take to summon the Champion?
  • How many times did you die?

So have at it, and slay on!

edit 8/9/2018 - A note about the Shadow Fiends...previously these creatures were very nasty.  They would essentially leech HP from you without any limitations.  They have been removed from the natural Khaldun spawn, and their ability to leech life is limited by their Mana and can be resisted via Magic Resist.

Comments

• Visit the Britain Commons for a gate to the dungeon.
    I am there, where is it?
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,110Dev
    edited August 2018
    The gate is now available.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    I just visited the Fel dungeon and killed a few things. It looks pretty interesting. I didn't see the Tram one up yet though. I will be curious to see what the rewards are Tram vs. Fel though. *Thinks MAYBE power scrolls in the Tram one*
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    edited August 2018
    Guildie and I completed it tonight, all the way through to the swine using the gate in the Brit Commons. 

How many people were in your group or party?  two
    What kinds of templates were you using? 
    Necromage Tamer with Med and no vet.  
    Spellweaving Tamer, no focus, with vet.

Unicorn & Naja until first death, then Unicorn &  Firesteed w/Frenzied WW.

How long did it take to summon the Champion?
    We spent a lot of time loring, taking screenshots and discussing the encounter/mobs, so I couldn't give a time frame that accurately reflects completion time. 

How many times did you die? We each died once when wave three spawned, once trying to recover bodies from the first death (it changed when we were at the alter) and one additional time on wave three.   When wave three spawned, several stealthers that were watching us were revealed and when they tried to retreat, they had no chance of escaping (which was kind of funny to watch).

It was pretty rough when wave three spawned. I do not know the name of the ability Shadow Fiends use (the one that sounds like reflect damage). It hits fairly hard and seems to be either an aura or aoe as it was hitting someone that had honored themselves to get their body. Combined with the cultist ambushers and there is very little chance to live if you aren't on the outskirts at the beginning of that level and work your way in. Of course when we attempt this again, we will be on the edge during that change.

During wave three some sort of melee character joined us... very very briefly. They were quickly dispatch by the fiends and cultists then rezzed and left, not returning.  Unfortunately I do not know their template.

I think the first two waves are well done, it makes people think about the spells, pets and weapons they use.  I like that there are all damage types represented and that they had varying resists that you need to adjust for. 

Wave four was actually easier than the rest, but we see the story progression of it, and frankly after dealing with wave 3, four was a nice change of pace.

The current placeholder boss was the most gruesome beast we had ever faced and definitely needs to be toned down.  ;)

Violet said:
    Guildie and I completed it tonight, all the way through to the swine using the gate in the Brit Commons. 

How many people were in your group or party?  two
    What kinds of templates were you using? 
    Necromage Tamer with Med and no vet.  
    Spellweaving Tamer, no focus, with vet.

Unicorn & Naja until first death, then Unicorn &  Firesteed w/Frenzied WW.

How long did it take to summon the Champion?
    We spent a lot of time loring, taking screenshots and discussing the encounter/mobs, so I couldn't give a time frame that accurately reflects completion time. 

How many times did you die? We each died once when wave three spawned, once trying to recover bodies from the first death (it changed when we were at the alter) and one additional time on wave three.   When wave three spawned, several stealthers that were watching us were revealed and when they tried to retreat, they had no chance of escaping (which was kind of funny to watch).

It was pretty rough when wave three spawned. I do not know the name of the ability Shadow Fiends use (the one that sounds like reflect damage). It hits fairly hard and seems to be either an aura or aoe as it was hitting someone that had honored themselves to get their body. Combined with the cultist ambushers and there is very little chance to live if you aren't on the outskirts at the beginning of that level and work your way in. Of course when we attempt this again, we will be on the edge during that change.

During wave three some sort of melee character joined us... very very briefly. They were quickly dispatch by the fiends and cultists then rezzed and left, not returning.  Unfortunately I do not know their template.

I think the first two waves are well done, it makes people think about the spells, pets and weapons they use.  I like that there are all damage types represented and that they had varying resists that you need to adjust for. 

Wave four was actually easier than the rest, but we see the story progression of it, and frankly after dealing with wave 3, four was a nice change of pace.

The current placeholder boss was the most gruesome beast we had ever faced and definitely needs to be toned down.  ;)

Incredibly helpful and thoughtful!

I edited the OP to mention a change that was done to Shadow Fiends and their ability.  Can look at adjusting it further so it's not too overpowered.  A lull before the horror that is the The Swine is probably a welcome relief, so I'm not too keen on buffing wave 4 beyond what it currently is where the Invasion Mobs spawn Lvl 2-4 (excludes the lowest and highest, recruit & general).  Will continue to monitor though!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    @Kyronix ;

If you are making this as a stand alone difficult Dungeon, then awesome.

If this is the Halloween Dungeon please consider; A lot of players return just for September Thru December events.  I hope you make the Halloween event with casual players in mind also.  Or players who craft/deco ect. the rest of the year and pull out their fighters for these events.  

The city invasions were great for all player types.  Sorcerers dungeon had some issues with easy kills in some areas but everyone could participate.  The whole 20th anniversary arc was well built and well received by the players.  You have a challenge to top last years fun events.

These events are the only time I see different  groups of players having fun together on LS.  Other than the year round groups that you cant run off.

Thank you and the team for your efforts!

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    @Kyronix

You said: I edited the OP to mention a change that was done to Shadow Fiends and their ability.  Can look at adjusting it further so it's not too overpowered.  A lull before the horror that is the The Swine is probably a welcome relief, so I'm not too keen on buffing wave 4 beyond what it currently is where the Invasion Mobs spawn Lvl 2-4 (excludes the lowest and highest, recruit & general).  Will continue to monitor though!

If this is a test of  a future city invasion, you may want to disable player attacks they cant do in cities.

It does sound like a fun invasion force.  With piggy bosses!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    This is specific to the Treasures of Halloween event, no invasion of the cities.
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    edited August 2018
    Haven't tried it yet but after looking at the screen shots, do we really need another gold shower?
    Too much gold in the system is an acknowledged problem so lets not add to it especially on a limited time special event. I don't think anyone would miss it. I do these events for special items (deco) and the fun of something new with a limited time to do it.

That being said sounds like fun and I'm looking forward to doing it and if I don't cover my insurance costs so be it.

PS I think all "gold showers" should be removed or limited, champ spawns have enough other rewards to make the extra gold unnecessary. Let the flame war begin  >:)

• cobbcobb Posts: 172
    I hope there are no power scrolls in the trammel version
    edited August 2018
    There is no plan to drop power scrolls in the Trammel side, the Fel side however...  >:)
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    will this be similar to previous halloween content with drops that we hand in and trade?  Will there be a chance for solo players to just wade in and do what they can and still come out with something worthwhile?
    Yes, similar “treasures of...” style event.  
    Kyronix said:
    Yes, similar “treasures of...” style event.  
    So is this just for the "Halloween" event, or will it they be permanent dungeons?
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
    The Halloween side of it is seasonal and temporary, the champ spawn will remain after minus the seasonal content.
    Kyronix said:
    The Halloween side of it is seasonal and temporary, the champ spawn will remain after minus the seasonal content.
    Thanks for the reply. Will the "Treasures of.." part still remain as well?
    No, that’s the seasonal portion of it.
    Kyronix said:
    No, that’s the seasonal portion of it.
    Gotcha, Thanks.
  • GigglesGiggles Posts: 62

I appreciate the scrolls staying in fel only. But one thing I noticed with the dragon champ spawn you guys added is, it was never ever ever done in fel. The reason for this is, it's more of a difficult spawn to do, and why do it for the scrolls when you can get scrolls off the easier champ spawns? The dragon turtle egg dropped off both the tram and fel version as well, so people who wanted the egg just did the tram version of it.

To make the fel side champ enticing, it will need to have a special drop outside of just scrolls or no one will do it. Current champ spawns either offer skulls for the harrower, or do not have a tram mirror (like primevil and abyssal). If primevil and abyssal were also added to tram back in the day, with the same special rewards, no one would ever do them in fel period. Because again, they are slightly more difficult than the more classic spawns.

Perhap consider adding an addition fel only benefit, or maybe allow 1 random champion skull to drop to the highest damager. People would appreciate the random skull, and be VERY happy if it happened to be the oaks skull. 

Just a few things I hope you guys consider.

Why fit in when you were born to stand out? -Dr. Seuss
  • GigglesGiggles Posts: 62

• How many people were in your group or party?
    Me
    Swords vamp form dexxy with resist
    About 40 minutes, around 20-25 when you minus the times I had to afk.
    Three times. Once on level 2 when I got too Cocky, and twice on level 3.

Some things I noticed....
    Skeletal mages seem to get kinda stupid and just stand there after they teleport. They don't really seem to be casting either.
    Some of the mobs on the level 4 spawn need to have their HP's nerfed slightly. Took quite a long time to kill them. I'll provide the names when I go test it again.

Why fit in when you were born to stand out? -Dr. Seuss
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    • How many people were in your group or party

Just me, most of the time. Briefly joined by another, but she left after her 2nd death

Chiv archer. No bushido, no necromancy. This is the character I use to solo Piper or Rikktor spawns on Europa.

Gave up at level 3, taking me far too long solo, was there around 90 minutes to get that far.

No deaths - I ran away a lot and have some experience in avoiding being overwhelmed by spawn :D 

However I did get 2 SoTs and am reasonably sure that had the halloween drops been active I stood a chance of having gotten some.
    since this is new content, I hope the champ will drop some nice loot.  
  • spent about 20 minutes solo on tamer mage with fire beetle. Beetle has inferno, fzww and goo. Didnt get too far. Mobs seem to have to high resist for the build didnt seem to be making any progress. Im sure a samp would be better. Noticed resists for first lvl were low in poison and energy. I want to try on my necro provo next.
    Just a though on reward. The best thing I think that could drop from this and would really cheer up some of the tamers who have destroyed a pet. Make a one use scroll, sort of like the +5 stat scroll from exodus. A player can only use one in his life time and can reset one pet of there choosing. I know a lot of people would love to have one pet back. I know some who stopped playing because they botched their only legacy or rare pet.
    If this pet reset scroll were to drop from the Fel version, that would be good.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    are the books on the bodies going to be around after the Halloween event is over? I've been enjoying reading some of them and I would like to be able to collect them. Would they be available on tram & fel side?
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    are the books on the bodies going to be around after the Halloween event is over? I've been enjoying reading some of them and I would like to be able to collect them. Would they be available on tram & fel side?
    The books are a regular part of Khaldun, and not special for this event. You can read about them here: https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/world/dungeons/khaldun/ and a full transcript of the complete set can be found linked at the bottom of that page

• ·How many people were in your group or party?
    Two people party

·What types of templates were you using?
    Gargoyle swordsman (Necro-Paladin) and a samurai archer.
    Both possess Healing skills.

·How long did it take to summon the Champion?
    About 60 minutes.
    Champion subjugation lasted about 30 minutes (since the arrow brought with 2000 got exhausted along the way, it was replenished once)

·How many times did you die?
    Each time. Both are caused by hitting Champion's Fist of Fury (Damage 35 + 30 + 30 + 30).

JST 9/9/2018 From 14: 00 I tried plunging experiments at Felucca.
    Because it is Fel, keep in mind that it is not surrounded.

Wave 1 has no problem unless Concecrate Weapon is cut off.
    Wave 2 gives priority to Viscera (Enemy of One is designated Viscera). Aura of Nausea is quite dangerous. So far Undead Slayer.
    Wave 3 is Jumped by Cultist, so it was often surrounded when chased. Switching from here to Elemental Slayer makes it easier.
    Wave 4 was a class over Lieutnant which took a long time because HP was too high. Since it does not have to be annihilated, I tried to aim at the lowest possible class.

In Champion, Champion 's invincibility can not be canceled unless you first defeat General that is summoned first (HP is low).

Because Champion has a very high resistance, it is painful without Armor Ignore.
    The Champion got closer and stabilized if you made bandages around each other.
    Also, receive Disarm frequently.
    Meteor successfully avoided getting out in a few seconds after the effect started.
    Be careful when Fist of Fury's effect comes out.

In general, it takes time, but I did not think it was too difficult.

Drops include Power Scroll, Primer, Costume and so on. The coffin was as quality as the other Champion.
    "Prized" and "Antique" Legendary Artifact also appeared in one backpack.

Question: Although it was subjugated by Fel, it is specification that Black Moongate for return did not come out in the center of the altar?

MiaYuuri said:
    ·How many people were in your group or party?
    Two people party

·What types of templates were you using?
    Gargoyle swordsman (Necro-Paladin) and a samurai archer.
    Both possess Healing skills.

·How long did it take to summon the Champion?
    About 60 minutes.
    Champion subjugation lasted about 30 minutes (since the arrow brought with 2000 got exhausted along the way, it was replenished once)

·How many times did you die?
    Each time. Both are caused by hitting Champion's Fist of Fury (Damage 35 + 30 + 30 + 30).

JST 9/9/2018 From 14: 00 I tried plunging experiments at Felucca.
    Because it is Fel, keep in mind that it is not surrounded.

Wave 1 has no problem unless Concecrate Weapon is cut off.
    Wave 2 gives priority to Viscera (Enemy of One is designated Viscera). Aura of Nausea is quite dangerous. So far Undead Slayer.
    Wave 3 is Jumped by Cultist, so it was often surrounded when chased. Switching from here to Elemental Slayer makes it easier.
    Wave 4 was a class over Lieutnant which took a long time because HP was too high. Since it does not have to be annihilated, I tried to aim at the lowest possible class.

In Champion, Champion 's invincibility can not be canceled unless you first defeat General that is summoned first (HP is low).

Because Champion has a very high resistance, it is painful without Armor Ignore.
    The Champion got closer and stabilized if you made bandages around each other.
    Also, receive Disarm frequently.
    Meteor successfully avoided getting out in a few seconds after the effect started.
    Be careful when Fist of Fury's effect comes out.

In general, it takes time, but I did not think it was too difficult.

Drops include Power Scroll, Primer, Costume and so on. The coffin was as quality as the other Champion.

Question: Although it was subjugated by Fel, it is specification that Black Moongate for return did not come out in the center of the altar?

Thank you for the excellent feedback! 

The black gate only appears for champions that drop skulls.
  • MiaYuuri said:

This looks good except the antique part. If a legendary is part of the drop loot table, please make it clean or prized only. 
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779

How about an easy version for players that are not interested in super hard dungeons but still want to go through the dungeon? Reduce the loot to compensate.